Demarius Thomas drafted by McDaniels

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree.

AB is the most talented WR in the game. DT isn’t. They needed money for AB. Meyers or Gunner wouldn’t make it work. DT would. Buh-bye. Bill is all about securing talent.

Yeah I’ve got to agree with that. I think Bill weighed the money and injury history and made the right decision. AB didn’t work out, but I still think it was worth taking the risk. I still think they should have kept AB. Once he was a patriot the PR campaign against him tripled. He’s not a patriot and you hear nothing about him. It’s not a coincidence.

Yeah I’ve got to agree with that. I think Bill weighed the money and injury history and made the right decision. AB didn’t work out, but I still think it was worth taking the risk. I still think they should have kept AB. Once he was a patriot the PR campaign against him tripled. He’s not a patriot and you hear nothing about him. It’s not a coincidence.

Agree

kinda cold and tunnel vision with rose glasses
no apparent reason

There's no rose colored glasses on me. DThomas couldn't beat out a rookie UDFA for a roster spot. Plain and simple, at least for me. With or without AB who had nothing to do with it since it was Meyers who earned a roster spot & beat him out.
He was traded not cut....

---------- Post added at 01:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 AM ----------

And his replacement Meyers was 4/54 the same week so what exactly is your point? I'll take the younger healthier guy with a higher ceiling. Depth maybe? That's coming in 2 weeks with Harry.
Thomas is better that's the point. Bigger target , more experience.:tmack:

Who cares what idiots in the media say? They don't even mean what they're yapping about. It's all about viewership and clips, not analysis. Stop watching Felger and Squeaky and Tanguay/Tresnarik/Draper and instead read Patspulpit and TheAthletic, guys like Matt Chatham. Get analysis, not hot takes. Problem solved.

Oh you shut off the sound of your tv? Based on your tolerance level of posts that makes sense for you.

Now you're starting to understand. It is about winning football games, not being nice. I don't know what team you root for, but whoever it is, they don't have the Lombardis that the Pats do. (I'm assuming that given the fact the Pats haven't done a thing right in any of your posts, you're not a Pats fan. Nothing wrong with that, but if you're not, what hide it? You've been asked a couple times and crickets.)

.. Not sure what the point is of posting nothing that is critical . If you critique something , that means you care about it. But also I have what's called a healthy ego, so when I call for something it is interesting to see if it plays out that way. Try it Spacey.. :domORIGINAL:

He was traded not cut....

---------- Post added at 01:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 AM ----------

Thomas is better that's the point. Bigger target , more experience.:tmack:

Excuse me, I said he was beat out for a spot on the roster; where did I say he was cut?

Thomas is a bigger target and he does have more experience. We agree on that.

But I disagree that he's better. I see Thomas as an aging X receiver who no longer has the speed to get open on the outside against the average NFL CB. His last decent year was 2017. His last great year was 2015. He's in his 11th year; the great Randy Moss only had 12 productive years in him. Julio Jones is in 9th year and his production has diminished greatly. The DThomas you remember from 2013 & 2014 is not the same guy today. He's just not that good anymore.

Excuse me, I said he was beat out for a spot on the roster; where did I say he was cut?

But I disagree that he's better. I see Thomas as an aging X receiver who no longer has the speed to get open on the outside against the average NFL CB. His last decent year was 2017. His last great year was 2015. He's in his 11th year; the great Randy Moss only had 12 productive years in him. Julio Jones is in 9th year and his production has diminished greatly. The DThomas you remember from 2013 & 2014 is not the same guy today. He's just not that good anymore.

He was a trainwreck on the Texans, and he had Hopkins on the other side.

I disagree.

AB is the most talented WR in the game. DT isn’t. They needed money for AB. Meyers or Gunner wouldn’t make it work. DT would. Buh-bye. Bill is all about securing talent.
Probably a combination of the two.
If BB thought DT was good enough, he could have extended any number or players to save ca space.

He can get 4 catches for the jets , but less from Brady with Edelman and Gordon? Oh I forgot since the offense with MCD (see playcalling thread) blows right now, maybe you're right. But size and experience are huge in the red zone or possession type plays. Especially if you're not the primary focus of a defense and get the #3 defender every week or zone coverage.

You can click on the highlights of last week's game and a couple of his catches were on there. He's better than you think . The trade was obviously timed to try and get something since there was a dimwitted perception of a surplus.

Like I said the homerdorky takes on this thread can be really interesting if Thomas has a good game and a productive season. We shall see. popcorn

Today, 09:00 AM
Coolade
This message is hidden because Coolade is on your ignore list.

Not sure what you said but I'm certain it was both stupid and childish. Someone let me know if I'm wrong and I'll take him off ignore.

Today, 09:00 AM
Coolade
This message is hidden because Coolade is on your ignore list.

Not sure what you said but I'm certain it was both stupid and childish. Someone let me know if I'm wrong and I'll take him off ignore.

Wow the lack of cleverness is now morphing into more dorky troll like maneuvers. Try harder Spacey. Ignore is ignorant , you know that.:thumb:

I was cheering for Thomas to stick. He didn’t though and I’ve moved on. I was just expecting a few key catches a game/maybe a decent 3rd red zone option. My expectations were low. I was cheering for him though. Not on Monday

I was cheering for Thomas to stick. He didn’t though and I’ve moved on. I was just expecting a few key catches a game/maybe a decent 3rd red zone option. My expectations were low. I was cheering for him though. Not on Monday

I didn't want AB on the team, but I had zero issue with getting ride of Thomas. I'd much rather bring along younger WRs with upside than milk the last bit of talent out of an aging WR with a reputation of being soft in big moments. That's exactly how we developed a guy like Edelmann. I'm sure there were many here at the time that would have liked to keep an 'more experienced' WR than use a spot in a QB converting to WR.

So I hope DT does himself well with the Jets, but I think the Pats are fine w/o him.

Pop

Yeah he was a great personality. Happy go lucky type which surprised me in a good way. Like really eager to give his all. I mean you look at the preseason game 4 as an example. Belichick spoke nicely about him ... And Brady apparently liked him and worked hard with him while helping him the playbook etc.

You're right it's the past so the only thing is to measure the level of the mistake and see in the performance what we could have held onto. It's really crazy when you look at the difficulties of merging different players into this system... And THIS player had the background with MCD , the eager attitude, was thrilled to be here. ALL THAT. And now he's on the jets.. it's fukin crazy.:facepalm:

I didn't want AB on the team, but I had zero issue with getting ride of Thomas. I'd much rather bring along younger WRs with upside than milk the last bit of talent out of an aging WR with a reputation of being soft in big moments. That's exactly how we developed a guy like Edelmann. I'm sure there were many here at the time that would have liked to keep an 'more experienced' WR than use a spot in a QB converting to WR.

So I hope DT does himself well with the Jets, but I think the Pats are fine w/o him.

Really? Did you post that? Haha. We shared that and I posted they should back out before the fallout.. the signing happened on a Saturday but not official til Monday. If the league was so butt hurt, why did they rubber stamp and approve the signing . ? Not doing this would have saved the team money, along with this player Thomas and given them more time to assess the lawsuits etc.

This take makes more sense overall since the league could have delayed the whole process since Oakland still had contract issues to settle, etc. Why allow a signing 2 days later with all the shit storm in the media going on as well. ? Once again this coolade take isnt being discussed but is a significant opportunity for the league to look in the mirror how they botched this thing at Patriots expense. :clap::tmack:

^^^ of course this take makes huge sense in hindsight. But what is wrong with having more time to settle perceived controversial release situations.? There is already talk about players flaming out on purpose to manipulate their team situation. Really AB having the ability to flip teams basically one hour later is absurd. The 2 day evaluation didn't do anything except rubber stamp. So the league is on the hook for not doing more to settle issues with the teams before it becomes worse which it did,. Primarily due to their delayed evaluation.. which screwed the signing :facepalm::blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back