DeOssie Needs to Get the &$%# Out of Here!

You would almost think Buckley is also against Deossie, cause all he did was add major fuel to the fire. Serious? Mocking Patriots fans for being angry, while basically stating we are just so stupid we needed this as an outlet for our anger?Hardly, many of us are very rational, disappointed, but quite rational.

They both sound like 2 peas in a pod, come from the same mold, and both biting the hands that feed them..Who`s not the smart ones here and are over re-acting to a situation?

Just another example of how bad the Media is these days. No wonder I don`t watch, listen to or read 99% of it.

You would almost think Buckley is also against Deossie, cause all he did was add major fuel to the fire. Serious? Mocking Patriots fans for being angry, while basically stating we are just so stupid we needed this as an outlet for our anger?Hardly, many of us are very rational, disappointed, but quite rational.

They both sound like 2 peas in a pod, come from the same mold, and both biting the hands that feed them..Who`s not the smart ones here and are over re-acting to a situation?

Just another example of how bad the Media is these days. No wonder I don`t watch, listen to or read 99% of it.

This could be a cleverly disguised attempt to hurt DeOssie.

Motive is clear - DeOssie used to make a lot of homophobic references/jokes on The Big Show back in the day. Hmmm.....

I just thought of the perfect solution! They should hire ME! I love the Pats and hate all the other teams! It's win win, especially for ME!

Vote NSPF Today!

Connecticut School of Broadcasting. :coffee:

Why is that so hard for the WEEI rank and file to understand? Just perpetuates my "blowhard" sentiment about the majority of personalities that are featured on that station.

Because they are the most arrogant bunch of muthafvckers to walk the face of the planet. (not this planet, the real one).

If i could remove their numbers from my radio dial I would.

I'm not a huge fan of the Sports Hub but I listen from time to time (I prefer national sports radio stations like Mike and Mike and the NFL Network on Sirius), but I thank God they exist and are putting EIEIO where they rightfully belong, at the bottom of the ratings.

The Great Pretender

thumb.jpg

I just had to check out the end of Tailgate tonight to see if DeOssie would acknowledge the rally.

He did - defiantly an unapologetically. Basically made it sound as if people are upset at the picking of the Giants, not the other stuff. Oh that, and that the Pats lost. The other stuff by the way, was conveniantly left out when the showed a snippet of the video.

It wasn't about the pcik idiot! It was about trashing the fanbase the supports you! Struggle with that!

And of course Smerlas adamantly defended Steve.

What a joke...

EDIT: Last time I watch tailgate, btw.

Alot of anger for DeOssie and weei..

If you REALLY want anything to change....

Listen to weei, and write down the sponsor's.......
E-mail the Sponsor's.
You will NOT buy their product as long as "Mr NY" is still employed by WEEI.

If you as a business, advertise on weei after what DeOssie said you obviously share his lack of commitment to the local community,

I being part of the local community chose to take my business elsewhere!

Signed a potential FORMER client/customer.

Bruce Allen from www.bostonsportsmedia.com has this spot on opinion of DeOssie and Buckley's column:

http://www.bostonsportsmedia.com/2012/02/bruins-trounced-by-sabres#idc-container

Nothing like insulting hyperbole to start off a column.

As usual, Steve Buckley has no clue.

No one is mad or upset that DeOssie feels a loyalty to the New York Giants, given that his greatest professional success came there, and his son currently plays for the franchise. It’s only natural and fitting that DeOssie would feel that loyalty.

What people have an issue with is how he talked at the pep rally, and the manner in which he talked about his colleagues and Patriots fans – as if they were all stupid. He also inferred that life is very difficult for him in Patriots country – even though he has made a nice post-playing-days career here in New England as a radio and TV personality, analyzing the Patriots, and with his restaurant and other ventures with Fred Smerlas which all depend on the loyalty of Patriots fans.

People don’t enjoy it when someone implies to others that they are stupid. People don’t like it when the appearance is that someone has put up a front to appease them for many years when in reality that person loathes them and has no affection or loyalty to them at all, and when given the chance, talks bad about them to others. His explanation of himself on WEEI was clumsy and unapologetic.

That’s what it boils down to.

If Steve Buckley really believes that people are angry at Steve DeOssie because he is simply loyal to the Giants, then he is the one who couldn’t-win-a-battle-of-wits-with-a-Pepsi-machine and deserves to be the laughingstock of America.

Looks like Steve has gone there and voted for himself 850 times.How can he have a higher approval rating?

I thought the same thing myself. But looking alittle more closely at it, the write up doesn't mention the whole Pep rally at all. It's basing it on the merits of his analysis by and large.

That said, I've voted twice, once on each browser I use.

Looks like Steve has gone there and voted for himself 850 times.How can he have a higher approval rating?

I thought the same thing myself. But looking alittle more closely at it, the write up doesn't mention the whole Pep rally at all. It's basing it on the merits of his analysis by and large.

That said, I've voted twice, once on each browser I use.

The poll goes back to 2008. Since this morning, I think there's been over 100 disapproves selected.

How did we miss this?

DeOssie was fired from WBZ's Fifth Quarter show last week. EEI has to be next.

I don't blame him for cheering his son, it's his disrespectful attitude to the Patriots and the fans that were over the top.

:whip2:

Steve DeOssie is no longer a part of “The Fifth Quarter” or any of Channel 4’s other sports coverage, with former Patriots tight end Christian Fauria having taken over the role. DeOssie is continuing to contribute to WEEI and Comcast SportsNet New England. You’ll recall that DeOssie, who played in both New England and New York and whose son Zac is a current Giant, was belted with backlash in February after he spoke at a Giants pep rally before Super Bowl XLVI against the Patriots. “I’m a Giant in my heart, I’m so glad my son’s a New York Giant,’’ he said in his speech. “I struggle sometimes up in New England, but I know I’ve got a home in New York. I love you guys.’’
http://articles.boston.com/2012-08-...ston-market-boston-university-sports-anchor/2

Back