Disaster of the Francis Scott Key bridge

absolutely.

Baltimore probably handles more vehicle imports than any other port in the world. Most of you have driven 95 through here and seen the cranes. Shit is going to be a whole lot like it was when LA was shut down

absolutely.

Baltimore probably handles more vehicle imports than any other port in the world. Most of you have driven 95 through here and seen the cranes. Shit is going to be a whole lot like it was when LA was shut down
This has to be a 24-hour story in your neck of the woods. Any early speculation on how they might attempt to offset this? I know Philadelphia can handle cargo vessels and the cruise terminal is no longer used for cruises. Not sure if that might be on the table.

It also appears that cruise ships will temporarily detour down to Norfolk in the interim.

This has to be a 24-hour story in your neck of the woods. Any early speculation on how they might attempt to offset this? I know Philadelphia can handle cargo vessels and the cruise terminal is no longer used for cruises. Not sure if that might be on the table.

It also appears that cruise ships will temporarily detour down to Norfolk in the interim.
Norfolk is already hectic as it is, to add that to the mix, oh vey.

Norfolk is already hectic as it is, to add that to the mix, oh vey.
Yup, Royal Caribbean and Carnival are definitely shifting operations to Norfolk, though.

absolutely.

When the German ship arrives, the Port of Baltimore Customs Officers all start singing

"It's Audi Duty Time"

Yup, Royal Caribbean and Carnival are definitely shifting operations to Norfolk, though.

There are several ships that left Baltimore last weekend that now have to return to Norfolk. I imagine that those passengers have spent a good amount of their cruise time trying to figure out how to get back to Baltimore when they return (many drive to the port and leave their cars there). Then there are the one who have cruises in the next few weeks that need to figure out how to get to Norfolk instead of Baltimore. Finally, there are the cruise line employees who work in Baltimore that may be out of work until operations resume.

The implications are far reaching across multiple industries.

When the German ship arrives, the Port of Baltimore Customs Officers all start singing

"It's Audi Duty Time"
:shake:

...I would say something about dating yourself but we all know you're old as fuck so... :shrug-n:

I've heard nothing yet except that there's already been a 60M...nah, this thread needs to stay here so I'll stick to the topic at hand

I'm thinking you could offload some to Wilmington and whatever is on the Jersey coast. New York and Boston are already far too congested. Newport News could likely handle a healthy chunk as well as there are massive Navy yards there

Dating Myself???

I love myself
I think I'm grand,
I go to the movies
and hold my hand.
I put my arm around my waist
And when I'm fresh

I slap my face.
...ahhh...got a Dr. Demento fan in the house...

There are several ships that left Baltimore last weekend that now have to return to Norfolk. I imagine that those passengers have spent a good amount of their cruise time trying to figure out how to get back to Baltimore when they return (many drive to the port and leave their cars there). Then there are the one who have cruises in the next few weeks that need to figure out how to get to Norfolk instead of Baltimore. Finally, there are the cruise line employees who work in Baltimore that may be out of work until operations resume.

The implications are far reaching across multiple industries.
The cruise lines are going to bus back anyone who disembarks in Norfolk. Not sure how they plan to handled the next turn but they will both embark and disembark in Norfolk.

Back