Do the Celtics Have a Chance in the Finals?

Yes. Their health will be really important and they'll be underdogs but, yes, they have a chance. The Celtics play a type of gritty, hard-nosed defense the Warriors are likely not used to seeing, and after the 3 series they've played they're battle-tested and tough. We'll see.

The Celtics can beat the warriors. If they don't beat themselves first. They have a great defense. But on offense. They can at times. Play like a high school team.

They played against the Warriors before in their house and done well. In fact, they are the team who have played better at GS than any other team.

Celtics

Can they beat them? Yes. But it won't be easy.

Here is a small article on 3 keys to winning.

Beat GSW

would feel better for Celtics chances if they didn't have to go 7 games against heat and got a bit more rest. Finals games are spaced out more so Game 1 might be rough - having to fly across the country - but after that it should even out (depending on how injuries are doing)
if Game 1 goes poorly I won't panic.

Yes. They can win but it is going to be really tough. I love they way they are playing though.

Agree with a lot of the assessments here. Celts have a tendency to beat themselves for spurts that are just killers, but if they can stay focused, disciplined, and stay in their offense and away from hero ball, they can definitely do it.

I see this as parallel to the 2007 Superbowl: the Warriors are probably the better team, but the Celtics match up against them very well and are peaking at the right time. If I had to guess, I'd lay money that out of everyone in the East, the Celtics were the last team GS wanted to see coming through the brackets.

But after two really physical and grueling 7 game series, the Celts are pretty beat up and I expect GS's (relatively) fresh legs to show.

Agree with a lot of the assessments here. Celts have a tendency to beat themselves for spurts that are just killers, but if they can stay focused, disciplined, and stay in their offense and away from hero ball, they can definitely do it.

I see this as parallel to the 2007 Superbowl: the Warriors are probably the better team, but the Celtics match up against them very well and are peaking at the right time. If I had to guess, I'd lay money that out of everyone in the East, the Celtics were the last team GS wanted to see coming through the brackets.

But after two really physical and grueling 7 game series, the Celts are pretty beat up and I expect GS's (relatively) fresh legs to show.
I think a lot of us are thinking along these lines. I wish we had won in at least in six games over Miami. We should have IMHO.

Despite the Celtics success vs. Golden State, I don't feel good about this series.

Celtics had the 3rd best road record in the NBA this year (.600), but Golden State had the best home record in the entire NBA (.800). Defensively, both teams are excellent. Offensively, the C's are not as polished and therefore, feel the advantage skews in favor of GS.

I will be rooting loud and proud all series but I'd be surprised if this series were to go 7. I don't even see the Celtics winning one of the first two games. But I sure hope I am dead wrong.

Despite the Celtics success vs. Golden State, I don't feel good about this series.

Celtics had the 3rd best road record in the NBA this year (.600), but Golden State had the best home record in the entire NBA (.800). Defensively, both teams are excellent. Offensively, the C's are not as polished and therefore, feel the advantage skews in favor of GS.

I will be rooting loud and proud all series but I'd be surprised if this series were to go 7. I don't even see the Celtics winning one of the first two games. But I sure hope I am dead wrong.
Vegas thinks GS wins series in either six or seven games, however I feel if the Celtics can get one of the first two then I give the edge to the Celtics. If GS sweeps at home Celtics lose in five games.

My prediction game 1. GS game 2☘️. Game3☘️ game 4. GS game 5 ☘️ Game 6. GS game 7.☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️ ❤️

Xtra: Tatum hits the game winner in game7

The Celtics can beat the warriors. If they don't beat themselves first. They have a great defense. But on offense. They can at times. Play like a high school team.
Agree. Four things I want to see less of: 1) Brown over dribbling. He sucks at dribbling. 2) Tatum settling for step-back 3s 3) Smart (whom I REALLY like) taking ill-advised 3s. 4) Whining to the refs by everone.

Agree. Four things I want to see less of: 1) Brown over dribbling. He sucks at dribbling. 2) Tatum settling for step-back 3s 3) Smart (whom I REALLY like) taking ill-advised 3s. 4) Whining to the refs by everone.
Things I want to see more of:
1) Quick ball movement on the perimeter, esp off screens (great way to tire oppo legs, prevents hero ball)
2) Smart as a primary offensive catalyst, driving and kicking out when the D collapses
3) Tatum and Brown with short slashes (only 1-2 dribbles, taking a tight line) after pump fakes to draw contact and look for opportunities to kickout and dump off in the blocks. This is to get fouls on GS's shooters early, burn them with the extra pass a bunch to make them hesitant to commit to contesting shots, and to make sure you're involving many in the scoring to have a path to victory when Brown goes cold.
4) Shots in the 7-12 second range of the shot clock when not in transition, and not after iso-stalling (see #1 above)

Other than game 7 couple of nights ago, Haven't watched a minute of C's basketball this year but, I've got a different question...?
Do the GSW's have a chance this year ?

There's a tee shirt logo in there somewhere, Can GSW's stop Celtics from 18 championships...Oh Hell No .lol

Last edited:
Other than game 7 couple of nights ago, Haven't watched a minute of C's basketball this year but, I've got a different question...?
Do the GSW's have a chance this year ?

Yeah, they picked up a couple of good, young role players to go along with their 'big 3'.

Celtics are going to have a distinct size advantage though. I can't imagine GS will be able to get away with playing Curry and Poole together very much.

Been good fun watching the Cs for the last half of the regular season and in the playoffs! Although it's been maddening to watch them fuck shit up for themselves every second game

Back