Don't count out the Pats!

PatsFan09 on 01-12-2007 at 04:04 AM said:
That's absolutely hysterical.

Brady, overrated? Check this simple stat.

In 12 playoff games, Brady has thrown:

19 TDs
5 INTs.

Yeah, he's supremely overrated.
Those are good stats. We could though out stats all day and it ain't gonna decide who is going to win this Sunday.

How many first year starters have taken their team to 14-2? How many QBs have been the MVP of five bowl games in their college career.

Right now Brady is the better QB because he's got the bling. He's proven he can win. But the love fest you have for the guy is crazy. You'd think he could walk on water. Overrated? maybe a bit. Rivers underrated by Pats fans? Quite a bit.

Jammer on 01-12-2007 at 07:41 AM said:
Who's your Daddy?
We are your Yankees!

Go Chargers!

2-0 under Marty VS NE
More brilliance from Charger fans.

The Yankee fan base, who first and most used the Pedro inspired "who's your Daddy?" line in October, 2004, learned the hard way, after blowing a 3-0 lead and suffering the Worst Collapse in Baseball Post-Season History. Using that line against a Boston team is real swift. It reminds me of that Raider during the Snow Bowl snickering at the Foxboro fans "not today, not today, not today" or Adam Archeletta saying "Tom Brady....overrated" during SB 36.

Thumper on 01-12-2007 at 08:05 AM said:
Those are good stats. We could though out stats all day and it ain't gonna decide who is going to win this Sunday.

How many first year starters have taken their team to 14-2? How many QBs have been the MVP of five bowl games in their college career.

Roethlisberger, 15-1 in his first season. How'd that work out for him when he faced the Patriots in the playoffs? And that defense was better than the Charger's.

Yeah, those were huge bowl games .;)

Thumper on 01-12-2007 at 08:05 AM said:

Right now Brady is the better QB because he's got the bling. He's proven he can win. But the love fest you have for the guy is crazy. You'd think he could walk on water. Overrated? maybe a bit. Rivers underrated by Pats fans? Quite a bit.
Brady has the bling but more important, he's got experience. He's the winningest post-season QB ever. And Brady is more than bling, as you well know. Though bling is what they all play for, so if it was just bling, well that wouldn't be a small distinction, either. Just ask Dan Marino if he thinks bling means a lot, as that's all he ever hears about.

In the last 16 games started by guys with no playoff experience, the guy in Rivers' shoes won two. Brady and Big Ben were the exceptions. That doesn't guaranty anything, but it does mean that this is going to be tougher than anything Rivers has done thus far.

DarrylStingley on 01-12-2007 at 05:11 AM said:
Brady has the bling but more important, he's got experience. He's the winningest post-season QB ever. And Brady is more than bling, as you well know. Though bling is what they all play for, so if it was just bling, well that wouldn't be a small distinction, either. Just ask Dan Marino if he thinks bling means a lot, as that's all he ever hears about.

In the last 16 games started by guys with no playoff experience, the guy in Rivers' shoes won two. Brady and Big Ben were the exceptions. That doesn't guaranty anything, but it does mean that this is going to be tougher than anything Rivers has done thus far.
Ok, you make some good points. I'll buy into your reasoning.

Ok, here's some info I compiled about the history between the Patriots and the Chargers. I did this for my Chargers forum, so the Ws and Ls are from the Chargers point of view. I know the history between these two franchises doesn't mean a thing re: the outcome of this game, but I found it interesting. You guys owned us in the 70s, 80s, & 90s. Looks like in the AFL days, we played each other a few times every season.

Here's the info.
Here is a breakdown of our history against the Patriots:

Games Played: 33
Overall Record: 14-17-2 (.455)
Post Season Record: 1-0 (1.000)
Chargers Home: 7-7-1 (.500)
Chargers Away: 7-10-1 (.417)

2000s
Record 2-1
2005 W Chargers 41, Patriots 17 in New England
2002 W Chargers 21, Patriots 14 in San Diego
2001 L Chargers 26, Patriots 29 in New England

90s
Record 0-3
1997 L Chargers 7, Patriots 41 in New England
1996 L Chargers 7, Patriots 45 in San Diego
1994 L Chargers 17, Patriots 23 in New England

80s
Record 0-1
1983 L Chargers 21, Patriots 37 in New England

70s
Record 1-5
1979 L Chargers 21, Patriots 27 in New England
1978 L Chargers 23, Patriots 28 in New England
1977 L Chargers 20, Patriots 24 in San Diego
1975 L Chargers 19, Patriots 33 in San Diego
1973 L Chargers 14, Patriots 30 in New England
1970 W Chargers 16, Boston Patriots 14 at Boston

60s
Record 11-7-2
1969 W Chargers 13, Boston Patriots 10 at Boston (week 6)
1969 W Chargers 28, Boston Patriots 18 in San Diego (week 13)
1968 W Chargers 27, Boston Patriots 17 at Boston
1967 W Chargers 28, Boston Patriots 14 in San Diego (week 1)
1967 T Chargers 31, Boston Patriots 31 in San Diego (week 4)
1966 W Chargers 24, Boston Patriots 0 in San Diego (week 2)
1966 L Chargers 17, Boston Patriots 35 at Boston (week 7)
1965 T Chargers 13, Boston Patriots 13 at Boston (week 6)
1965 L Chargers 6, Boston Patriots 22 in San Diego (week 8)
1964 L Chargers 28, Boston Patriots 33 in San Diego (week 2)
1964 W Chargers 26, Boston Patriots 17 at Boston (week 5)
1963 W Chargers 17, Boston Patriots 13 in San Diego (week 2)
1963 W Chargers 7, Boston Patriots 6 at Boston (week 9)
1963 W Chargers 51, Boston Patriots 10 in San Diego (AFL Championship Game)
1962 L Chargers 20, Boston Patriots 24 at Boston (week 7)
1962 L Chargers 14, Boston Patriots 20 in San Diego (week 13)
1961 W Chargers 38, Boston Patriots 27 at Boston (week 5)
1961 L Chargers 0, Boston Patriots 41 in San Diego (week 14)
1960 L Los Angeles Chargers 0, Boston Patriots 35 at Boston (week 5)
1960 W Los Angeles Chargers 45, Boston Patriots 16 in LA (week 7)

Re: Re: Re: Don't count out the Pats!

PatsFan09 on 01-09-2007 at 02:41 PM said:
Take a shower, then. Hippie Californians.

Hippie? Save it for the niners board.

Must have snowed yesterday cause somebody's a little grumpy.

Get your Yankee arse down here and see how "hippie" we are. :D

Thumper on 01-12-2007 at 07:05 AM said:
But the love fest you have for the guy is crazy. You'd think he could walk on water. Overrated? maybe a bit. Rivers underrated by Pats fans? Quite a bit.

Crazy?

Annihilus just got off the phone with Brady. Tom admits that he hasn't ever tried to walk on water, so we probably won't know the answer to that question for the forseeable future.

But don't count him out.

Come back to us after Rivers helps you win 3 Superbowls and we'll see how you feel about him then.

Rivers is a rookie. Until he does something in the postseason, he's still just a rookie with a nice regular season under his belt. That's not underrating or overrating....he is what he is.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Don't count out the Pats!

Daddy_O on 01-12-2007 at 12:13 PM said:

SORRY LIL' SURFER DUDE, I MEANT NO HARM MAN, HIRE YOURSELF VAN HALEN AND ENJOY

inside-van.jpg

oh yeah welcome to the planet

Hello everybody.

I am a famous poster from San Diego (inside joke regarding another poster by the name of "leisure") but seriously I am world renouned :thumb:

I was not to sure how to start off my first post ?

Should I be gracious and humble or be a loud obnoxious a$$$hole ? :confused:

Hmmmmm....lemme see ?

Ok my mind is made up so here goes.....Phuc the Patriots :4321: >)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Don't count out the Pats!

Daddy_O on 01-12-2007 at 09:13 AM said:

The dude is just jealous our women are hotter and do not have that pasty white moon glow death look about them

plus

our team is about to emasculate these foo's.

San Diego is going to make these poor bastards pissss blood.....New England is as old as my last flush. :LOL:

Trumpet_Man on 01-12-2007 at 01:35 PM said:
Hello everybody.

I am a famous poster from San Diego (inside joke regarding another poster by the name of "leisure") but seriously I am world renouned :thumb:

I was not to sure how to start off my first post ?

Should I be gracious and humble or be a loud obnoxious a$$$hole ? :confused:
How's about you just play us a little tune on your horn?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Don't count out the Pats!

mikiemo83 on 01-12-2007 at 09:38 AM said:
SORRY LIL' SURFER DUDE, I MEANT NO HARM MAN, HIRE YOURSELF VAN HALEN AND ENJOY

inside-van.jpg

oh yeah welcome to the planet

Freakin' cracks me up. And all you Yanks are drunks?

Bottom line.

Philip Pro Bowl. Brady no Pro Bowl. Theres the final on today's QB line.

8 other Bolts in the Pro Bowl. Pats? One. PWND.

Talent wise, we have you hands down.

Coaching? I'll take Marty over Bullishick.

Only one advantage. You have 3 SB Rings. Props on that.
:thumb:

Major dissadvantage? We own you when you are at your best. (Reference the past 5 Seasons).

:thumb:

On a side note: Why can't we all just get a longboard?:D

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Don't count out the Pats!

Daddy_O on 01-12-2007 at 01:50 PM said:
Coaching? I'll take Marty over Bullishick.
On a side note: Why can't we all just get a longboard?:D
Anyone who could even have that thought flash through his brain, never mind type the words, is an imbecile. There's just nothing to talk about when it comes to these two guys. By every and every objective measure, BB mops the floor with Marty. Do any Charger fans agree wtih this fellow on the coaching question?

Even the "Rivers is better than Brady because Rivers made the Pro Bowl" argument, as foolish as that is, looks postively brilliant next to the Marty-Belichick argument.

On Brady, yes, the Pro Bowl voters have a collective woody for the Chargers and Rivers. But the suggstion that you'd really rather have Rivers, in the face of the fact that first time playoff QBs are 2-14 in their last 16 games and Rivers' inconsistency over the latter part of the season than a 3-time SB champion QB, and a QB whose numbers are comprable with Rivers even though the skill guys around him aren't as skilled, shows that you have limited thinking skills.

So no, I have not interest in a longboard or anything else with you.

Ok, Annihilus wants to apologize to Preechr for the accusation that he made the dumbest post of the day.

Kudos to Daddy_O.....you're da winnah by a landslide!

HOLY CRAP WAS THAT DUMB!

A Little Southern Hospitality 4 Ya!

Got a little sumpin for your boys on Saturday Night. Gittin' Willy Dyno Tuned for a little "Welcome to Charger Country" Rally at the Hilton. Donuts on the Lawn, baby! Loud as F**k.

Let's cut Daddy O some slack. After all, he did use the term "PWN" and once again pointed out that Rivers is in the glorious Pro Bowl and Brady is not. Plus 8 other Chargers. :jerkit:

Cut him some slack because obviously he is young and doesn't quite get it yet.

plus he'd take 5-12 in the playoffs over 12-2. I kinda feel bad for him.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Don't count out the Pats!

DarrylStingley on 01-12-2007 at 10:59 AM said:
BB mops the floor with Marty. Do any Charger fans agree wtih this fellow on the coaching question?

Even the "Rivers is better than Brady because Rivers made the Pro Bowl" argument, as foolish as that is, looks postively brilliant next to the Marty-Belichick argument.

I belive the Pro Bowl is a 1/3 split between Players, Coaches, and Fans. There are more Pats fans than Chargers, which gives you a 1/3 advantage, so I guess the people who play the game for a living selected Rivers. PWND

Check BB's record in Cleaveland. :eek: BB has 5 good years and he is God? Not!

Let's see on Sunday how lost I am.:thumb:

Back