Drive for Five, Blitz for Six, ??? for Seven

MontanaBrady

Reaction score
So what should our new saying be as we go for #7?

CHEATRIOTS CHEATRIOTS CHEATRIOTS :pat: :pat: :pat:

F*$&! 98% of the country, we want 7. Go F yourselves everyone outside of NE.

(put that on a shirt!)

Interesting stat on ESPN last night. We all know that BB is by far the winningest Super Bowl coach with 6. But he is now tied all-time with Halas and Lambeau for "NFL Championships" and moves ahead of Lombardi who had 5.

Truly the GOAT of coaching.

Interesting stat on ESPN last night. We all know that BB is by far the winningest Super Bowl coach with 6. But he is now tied all-time with Halas and Lambeau for "NFL Championships" and moves ahead of Lombardi who had 5.

With those names as company, the league will need to name something after him.

Drebin for Seven

FrankDrebin.jpg

Perhaps, but those NFL championships were / are the equivalent of NFC championships, and Belichick has 9 of those to their 6, so I don't really consider them tied. But as to the GOAT part of that, you are most definitely correct

Perhaps, but those NFL championships were / are the equivalent of NFC championships

Before the Super Bowl, the NFL Championship Game WAS the World Championship Game. They're equivalent. There was no other League to play against for most of that time, until the AFL popped up out of nowhere in '60.

Yes, it's harder to win it all now with 32 teams, but Lambeau, Halas, Paul Brown and Lombardi still beat everybody they were supposed to.

Before the Super Bowl, the NFL Championship Game WAS the World Championship Game. They're equivalent. There was no other League to play against for most of that time, until the AFL popped up out of nowhere in '60.

Yes, it's harder to win it all now with 32 teams, but Lambeau, Halas, Paul Brown and Lombardi still beat everybody they were supposed to.

I don't disagree, but what I'm saying is the NFL championship was literally renamed the NFC Championship. The AFC / NFC have an equivalent amount of teams to the old NFL (unsurprising since it was just renamed the NFC) and it is a championship game, and is named as such. It's not the AFC playoff game or finalists game, it's the AFC Championship, and Bill also beat everyone he was supposed to in the AFC, 9 times, just like they did in the NFL / NFC.

I'm not knocking them for not having another league to play against or not winning another game. Maybe they would have won all 6 times if there were. I'm just saying, Bill has won more than 6 championships as a head coach and has the rings to prove it.

I'm not knocking them for not having another league to play against or not winning another game. Maybe they would have won all 6 times if there were. I'm just saying, Bill has won more than 6 championships as a head coach and has the rings to prove it.

I get your point, but modern Conference Titles don't have the same cache as, say, The Colts beating the Giants in '58, or Concrete Charlie beating the Packers in '60, or the Ice Bowl.

It's just an illustration of how the Merger really changed everything. When you almost double the number of teams overnight, it really was a revolution.

Rozelle gets a lot of credit as a seminal, revolutionary figure. But maybe not enough credit, though that's hard to believe.

I think Pittsburgh uses that one. I like it but maybe we need something of our own.

Quest for seven?
Journey for seven?
Seventh wonder?
Knocking on seven's door?

OK maybe thats how I thought of it , because I seen it before but hey i thought I came up with it... Dont want nothing the Steelers got We want our own!

Seventh heaven
Driven for seven

Seven is tough to rhyme. :shrug_n:

Back