Dungy's HOF Shame

I have a hard time figuring out how Dungy got in the HOF &Tom Flores needs to buy a ticket to get in.

Pretty obvious. Hispanic lives don't matter. :coffee:

Stephen A Smith Verified account ‏<s>@</s>stephenasmith

If Tony Dungy were WHITE, would he be a Hall of Famer. My answer is up next on the Stephen A. Smith Show, SiriusXM <s>@</s>MadDogRadio Channel 82

I figured that is what Smith would say. He has impacted the black youth/players/coaches more than any other head coach. Certainly working with Michael Vick after prison and helping him revive his career with the Eagles deserves special recognition. And of course first black HC to win a SB. But to compare him to Jackie Robinson is a complete JOKE. No way Dungy will be remembered even close to Jackie or Art Shell for that matter who paved the road for Dungy.

Him talking about Dungy's coaching accomplishments though and trying to use that as a reason for him being there is laughable compared to the other HoF coaches. He is synonymous with one and done's. Tony "one and dungy" was his nick name in Indy.

Dungy easily deserves a humanitarian award not the Hall.

I guess news travels a little more slowly west of the Mississippi.

Whoa there buckaroo...

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

I figured that is what Smith would say. He has impacted the black youth/players/coaches more than any other head coach. Certainly working with Michael Vick after prison and helping him revive his career with the Eagles deserves special recognition. And of course first black HC to win a SB. But to compare him to Jackie Robinson is a complete JOKE. No way Dungy will be remembered even close to Jackie or Art Shell for that matter who paved the road for Dungy.

Him talking about Dungy's coaching accomplishments though and trying to use that as a reason for him being there is laughable compared to the other HoF coaches. He is synonymous with one and done's. Tony "one and dungy" was his nick name in Indy.

Dungy easily deserves a humanitarian award not the Hall.

I think that Dungpile is really an alien...just look at him. :coffee:

Politcial Correctness should be nowhere near the criteria in which HOFers are selected. It should be colourless, PC free.

Oh yeah, that's right....

The "Illegal Crowd-Noise Raise the Thermostat" game.

I remember it well.

YX6ZTJ2.gif

Oh yeah, that's right....

The "Illegal Crowd-Noise Raise the Thermostat" game.

I remember it well.

Also known as the "deer in the headlights Caldwell" game. :banghead:

Also: "That game where Dan Klecko AND Jeff Saturday scored touchdowns."

Yes. And also "the game that got One and Dungy into the Hall."

Its membership is determined by a Selection Committee which consists of an enclave of 46 members of the NFL media. With the exception of one “At Large” member, these are all lifetime appointments. The process is deliberately shrouded in mystery.
Oh...so kind of like the Competition Committee then?
I am still waiting for an expose of that little clique of whiners.

Dungy was an ok coach, kind of a John Fox type. NOT HOF material, just slightly above average.
And IF he got in for the social justice stuff,then I do not want to hear about merit having to do with anything. I am one who thinks your personality and your lifestyle (and your relationship with the media, which is a ludicrous way to judge how good you were) should have ZERO to do with the HOF. So leave OJ in. I don't give a single eff that he murdered people as far as his qualifications for the HOF. He is an all time great running back. I don't care what he did in his personal life vis a vis the HOF. And Baddell was on record as saying character should count so why hasn't he kicked OJ out yet??? Don't put Dungy in because he helped an animal murdering gambling (I thought the NFL was AGAINST gambling, who knew???) bankrupt scumbag to get back into the NFL per their AGENDA. Or is extremely PRO ROONEY RULE, per their social agenda. Namath is in there for the drama, and Dungy for the social justice. Yet there was resistance to putting Ed Sabol in, a man who did more for football in a decade than Dungy EVER HAS IN HIS ENTIRE LIFE. THEN they make a special new rule for contributors and lo and behold the first one in under that one is fitting, NaPolian.This is why I am consistently disappointed in the HOF. THIS SHOULD BE ABOUT PLAYING/COACHING/EXECUTIVE/SCOUTING whatever IMPACT ON THE GAME...PERIOD. Not the first black this the first hispanic that. This whole country is already about that. I want football to be about MERIT ONLY. I want SOMEPLACE or SOMETHING in this country to be about merit ONLY. Evaluation of merit and actual accomplishments is actually the LEAST racist and sexist and genderist (?) way to judge things.

Yes. And also "the game that got One and Dungy into the Hall."

In the sense that the HOF is a very hard sell for a coach with no SBs. One is hard enough, but it happens. To your mind is Dungy that worse of a coach compared to say John Madden? If memory serves the last time I ran the numbers they were actually pretty comparable for what that's worth.

For the record I have mixed feelings about Dungy as a HoF coach. I get it, but like I said, one ring is a hard sell for a HoF coach.

I'm still pissed Tom Flores isn't in yet.

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

OK let me rephrase that.

If Reche Caldwell could catch a cold....

Oh don't go chasing Ifs now Darth. That's a long lonely road to nowhere.

In the sense that the HOF is a very hard sell for a coach with no SBs. One is hard enough, but it happens. To your mind is Dungy that worse of a coach compared to say John Madden? If memory serves the last time I ran the numbers they were actually pretty comparable for what that's worth.

For the record I have mixed feelings about Dungy as a HoF coach. I get it, but like I said, one ring is a hard sell for a HoF coach.

I'm still pissed Tom Flores isn't in yet.

Meh, Dungy being in the Hall really does not bother me that much. I kind of give him a pass for some of those one and done's because ManninHGH was his QB and he peed down his leg time and again. If anything, Dungy may be borderline and the first black head coach to win a SB along with the media deifying him at every chance was enough to put him in. Plus, it is more fodder in the Brady/ManninHGH never ending drama now that ManninHGH did in fact have a Hall of Fame coach for a big chunk of his career. lol.

Back