Eli Benched

Are they purposely going to tank to improve their draft position? There’s no other explanation.

Probably like a guy in the draft and figure that he's going to go very early and figure that if Eli plays they have a chance to win games and worsen their draft position.

I'd assume it's a QB, start fresh and move on from a guy who seems to be on the decline.

If I'm Eli, I would waive the trade clause only if I can pick the team where I'm landing. IMO, Eli has all the leverage. A reunion with Coughlin in sunny Jacksonville for the last couple of years of his career is my best guess.
I forgot about that connection, I take back my Eli to Denver from several days ago and agree with Eli to The Jaguars of Great Britain - He is the perfect choice to QB a team in England for he looks juiced all the time. :D

The London Shaguars has a certain ring to it baby
change his number to 2

austin_Number2.jpg

Everyone knows the rules of the NFL draft. The top prospects go to the worse teams. Eli felt those rules didn't apply him but then again that is generally the mindset of the first family of football.
It's obviously not written in stone because he was able to do it. If the team that wants him is willing to pay the price in draft picks or whatever then so be it. I don't have a problem with it.

It's obviously not written in stone because he was able to do it. If the team that wants him is willing to pay the price in draft picks or whatever then so be it. I don't have a problem with it.

They're just still salty he cost them two Superbowls so they're throwing shade.

They're just still salty he cost them two Superbowls so they're throwing shade.

Yeah, but part of the saltiness is the feeling that the guy just caught lightning in a bottle in two postseasons and the rest of his career has been comparatively mediocre.

I think if the Pats lost two SBs to Aaron Rodgers it'd be one thing. But in this case it's more like watching Eli consistently play uninspired football and saying:

"Can you believe we lost twice to this guy?"

If you have leverage and use it, whatever, I am not going to get fired up about it 13 years later. He won 2 SBs so it obviously worked out for him.

If I were a QB coming out this year you can bet I'd be trying to come up with any strategy I could to stay the hell out of Cleveland.

I am not fired up about anything. But in general QBs that are drafted especially ones drafted with the overall #1 pick and the big money contract that was attached to it pre-rookie pay scale are overjoyed at being selected. Not surprising that Eli and Elway are the two that went off course.

Also me thinks you would feel differently about him if you were a Chargers fan ... just sayin ...

Yeah, but part of the saltiness is the feeling that the guy just caught lightning in a bottle in two postseasons and the rest of his career has been comparatively mediocre.

I think if the Pats lost two SBs to Aaron Rodgers it'd be one thing. But in this case it's more like watching Eli consistently play uninspired football and saying:

Why do you think I love bringing it up so much?

I am not fired up about anything. But in general QBs that are drafted especially ones drafted with the overall #1 pick and the big money contract that was attached to it pre-rookie pay scale are overjoyed at being selected. Not surprising that Eli and Elway are the two that went off course.

Also me thinks you would feel differently about him if you were a Chargers fan ... just sayin ...

Not so sure, I'd have to think about it, Rivers IMHO is pretty underrated.

If you leave the 2 plays which shall not be discussed out, who has had the better overall career. Eli's been on better teams for sure, but which one is the better QB?

Yeah but some of that salt gets washed away knowing that most if not all folks would take Eli in a heartbeat over his brother in a big game.

Not so sure, I'd have to think about it, Rivers IMHO is pretty underrated.

If you leave the 2 plays which shall not be discussed out, who has had the better overall career. Eli's been on better teams for sure, but which one is the better QB?

Personally I would take 2 rings, 2 SB MVPs over any regular season stat. But you have the benefit of hindsight 13 years later. At the time, Chargers fans were pretty ripped even if they have been happy with Rivers.

You can have your vicarious fun. I'm not losing any sleep. It's actually the glare from the 5 Super Bowl Rings that's keeping me awake.

:coffee:

Lol. Well played.

For the record, my intentions are mostly pure. As good as the Patriots are, it wouldn't be healthy for you guys not to have some humility forced on you.

I mean, when the realistic worst case season is losing in like the AFCCG, it would be easy to become super obnoxious about it.

So you're welcome.

:D

Right, but the problem is his team playing well enough to actually get there.

I guess but only 4 QBs have more SBs rings than him.

Lol. Well played.

For the record, my intentions are mostly pure. As good as the Patriots are, it wouldn't be healthy for you guys not to have some humility forced on you.

I mean, when the realistic worst case season is losing in like the AFCCG, it would be easy to become super obnoxious about it.

So you're welcome.

:D

You don't get it... the pressure...

Our whole season, every year comes down to 3 games...

The divisional round is like preseason.

The AFCCG is like the Regular season.

The SB is the playoffs.

It's so... focused, it's really hard to take.

Back