Farewell JC Jackson! To the Bolts - $82.5M!

I'm not going to bash JC if some team will pay him that. would love to keep him but god bless him if he can get 100mil w/25mil guaranteed.
(or anything in that ballpark)
these guys are one play away from having their careers ended, so can't fault them for cashing in.
If he can get it, he should...I know that I would.

I'm not going to bash JC if some team will pay him that. would love to keep him but god bless him if he can get 100mil w/25mil guaranteed.
these guys are one play away from having their careers ended, so can't fault them for cashing in.
Oops, forgot:coffee:

This, just like I don't bash Tre Flowers. If someone's going to give you Jalen Ramsey money, best of luck. I still think the one-year franchise tag while we get guys up to speed would have been fine.
True on using tag for one year. I was hoping that would happen but apparently not

I never bash guys who leave for more $, and I never bash Bill for letting them go. It's business.

JCJackson told Mike Giardi he wants to be paid more than Jalen Ramsey.

Ramsey signed a 5yr/$100,000,000 contract with $71,000,000 guaranteed.

Hope you get it, dude! (But I doubt it)

Yeah. This for sure.

Cheers

JCJackson told Mike Giardi he wants to be paid more than Jalen Ramsey.

Ramsey signed a 5yr/$100,000,000 contract with $71,000,000 guaranteed.

Hope you get it, dude! (But I doubt it)

Same here.

I was listening to a Lazar podcast and he was saying that he'd heard that some teams think
Jackson is a good player, but not nearly what his INT stats suggest, but you can't blame a guy
for trying to get rich.

I don't really know one way or the other, but it's occurred to me that sometimes he doesn't look
like a superstar at all.

I will celebrate his legacy by recalling his classic quote to a reporter who had asked him to "take us
through" a play where Jackson had made a key interception. J.C. gave him an "are you serious?"
look and said:

"I don't know, man, why don't you go watch it for yourself on Youtube?"

BB...use your magic again in the CB UDFA market! PLEASE! You have in the last few years been GOLD here...keep it going!

I REALLY like JC Jackson...but, he's gone for obvious reasons (money). I don't blame him at all. He deserves what he can get in the free market. He was awesome here!

Same here.

I was listening to a Lazar podcast and he was saying that he'd heard that some teams think
Jackson is a good player, but not nearly what his INT stats suggest, but you can't blame a guy
for trying to get rich.

I don't really know one way or the other, but it's occurred to me that sometimes he doesn't look
like a superstar at all.

I will celebrate his legacy by recalling his classic quote to a reporter who had asked him to "take us
through" a play where Jackson had made a key interception. J.C. gave him an "are you serious?"
look and said:

"I don't know, man, why don't you go watch it for yourself on Youtube?"
Do Pats defenders ever get accused of being a "product" of BB's schemes? what D player has left and done just as well, if not better, in their next place? (too lazy to think too deep on it :coffee: )
We'll see how J McD does in Vegas, but for the most part, BB's assistants have failed (Flores seems the general exception)
I wonder if JC might get a top $$ offer but from a bad organization that needs the buzz that they signed him more then common sense spending of their cap on one player.
Not wishing he fails in his next spot, just be careful where you choose to play. is a bad org - Lions anyone - worth every last $ vs. a better spot with good money but not the most money?

Do Pats defenders ever get accused of being a "product" of BB's schemes? what D player has left and done just as well, if not better, in their next place? (too lazy to think too deep on it :coffee: )
We'll see how J McD does in Vegas, but for the most part, BB's assistants have failed (Flores seems the general exception)
I wonder if JC might get a top $$ offer but from a bad organization that needs the buzz that they signed him more then common sense spending of their cap on one player.
Not wishing he fails in his next spot, just be careful where you choose to play. is a bad org - Lions anyone - worth every last $ vs. a better spot with good money but not the most money?
Chandler Jones and Logan Ryan (but maybe Jones doesn't count, since he was traded).

Probably some others, but those two came to mind immediately.

Last edited:
Chandler Jones and Logan Ryan (but maybe Jones doesn't count, since he was traded).

Probably some others, but those two came to mind immediately
Chandler Jones has done very well, although his wacky shirtless fake weed whatever-it-was kind of made him an unusual case.

Off the top of my head, besides Chandler Jones, Ty Law and Chris Slade come to mind. Slade did very well in Tampa Bay, and Law did a super job with the JEST and also pretty good with KC. Butler did a good job with the Colts as well. I'm sur there are others. It's not as many as you might think, though. I mean, there are a LOT of FAs that change teams every year and a lot of them do just fine.

Off the top of my head, besides Chandler Jones, Ty Law and Chris Slade come to mind. Slade did very well in Tampa Bay, and Law did a super job with the JEST and also pretty good with KC. Butler did a good job with the Colts as well. I'm sur there are others. It's not as many as you might think, though. I mean, there are a LOT of FAs that change teams every year and a lot of them do just fine.
I suppose we can't include someone like Aqib Talib in this. He was only here a season but Bill got him back on the straight and narrow and enabled him to go get the lucrative Bronco contract. He was always a top-class player.

Big Vince went to Houston for a final pay day and to enjoy himself. he wasn't sellar there.

Didn't Seymour have a good year or two with Raiders now that I think of it ?

The patron Saint of ex-Pats who did well elsewhere was Nick Buoniconti.

Plenty of guys did well enough after leaving in free agency, but Nick was part of a perfect season, won rings and ended up in the HOF.

Mike Haynes was maybe even better. The best Cornerback that ever played. Fuck Deion Sanders who never tackled anybody. Haynes was
the most painful loss we ever had.

The worst part of losing those guys was the national narrative that congratulated both for getting out of a second-class organization
and becoming who they were meant to be elsewhere. They were pitied for wasting valuable time from their careers as Patriots.

This is yet another reason I have savored the salty tears of our opponents for decades. I remember that pity.

Trust Belichick. You can't keep them all. It's high-stakes poker and if you can't win every hand then you take satisfaction on winning more pots
than anybody else.

The patron Saint of ex-Pats who did well elsewhere was Nick Buoniconti.

Plenty of guys did well enough after leaving in free agency, but Nick was part of a perfect season, won rings and ended up in the HOF.

Mike Haynes was maybe even better. The best Cornerback that ever played. Fuck Deion Sanders who never tackled anybody. Haynes was
the most painful loss we ever had.

The worst part of losing those guys was the national narrative that congratulated both for getting out of a second-class organization
and becoming who they were meant to be elsewhere. They were pitied for wasting valuable time from their careers as Patriots.

This is yet another reason I have savored the salty tears of our opponents for decades. I remember that pity.

Trust Belichick. You can't keep them all. It's high-stakes poker and if you can't win every hand then you take satisfaction on winning more pots
than anybody else.
Very well said. Bleep 'em all.

Cheers

Back