Farewell JC Jackson! To the Bolts - $82.5M!

Well, do we want a #1 WR or not? Probably can't have both. 🤷‍♂️ Also it could be a "go see what you can get and we'll match it" deal too.

Bleacher Report says he's hitting FA, we're not using the Franchise tag on him.

BB has a habit of letting players test the market. I'm not reading anything into this just yet.
The tag would be a $17M cap hit as soon as he signed it. I'm not surprised tbh. I didn't expect BB would do that.

Otoh, there are plenty of CBs in the draft so maybe BB is heading that way.
Ideally, I hope JC can be signed to a more team friendly deal from a cap perspective.

Will miss him too if he leaves but we have Jonathan Jones who should be good to go and the draft coming up <crossing fingers>

Hate to see good players walk, but let's just hope the money that would have been solely allocated for Jackson will be used to strengthen other areas. (A good pass rush / run D can aid the secondary as well)

This is the off-season of the true rebuild .... this is the right move right now IMO.

He hasn't left yet. Any goodbye is way too premature. Might he be gone? Sure. But, not yet.
Although it's happened before it's not like BB to let a good player walk without getting something in return.

I'm not going to bash JC if some team will pay him that. would love to keep him but god bless him if he can get 100mil w/25mil guaranteed.
(or anything in that ballpark)
these guys are one play away from having their careers ended, so can't fault them for cashing in.

I'm not going to bash JC if some team will pay him that. would love to keep him but god bless him if he can get 100mil w/25mil guaranteed.
(or anything in that ballpark)
these guys are one play away from having their careers ended, so can't fault them for cashing in.
This, just like I don't bash Tre Flowers. If someone's going to give you Jalen Ramsey money, best of luck. I still think the one-year franchise tag while we get guys up to speed would have been fine.

Back