Farewell JC Jackson! To the Bolts - $82.5M!

Hopefully BB can find another UDFA CB...or, possibly the draft. Among other positions.

It certainly seems that way on the surface. Like we have to invest 21 in the best corner available and use the day two picks on a LB and an OT. Simple.

Except we've seen this movie before and Bill has an annoying habit of thinking way, way outside the box.

I can almost hear him saying "I don't know if any of these guys are a good value for 21, so let's trade back and get the best we can at any position. I think Shaun
Wade might be OK, so let's see how that goes".

Right now, our guys, who made a big improvement this past season, look to have some huge holes to fill from the coaching staff to the OL to
most of the Defense, especially Corner. There is legit reason for concern.

I'd like to point out that I said "right now" and we'll fill most of those holes soon enough. Probably.

ok lets see what 82m not spent on jc and creating a massive weakness, where there was none before, buys. i am not quibiling with the reason the pats did this, just stating there had better be results to show for it.

just took a look at the contract, for this coming season jc is going to only be 8m against the cap. pats just signed dmc to 9m for 1 year - who would you rather have.

McCourty's cap hit this season is far, far under 9m.

40 mil guaranteed in the first 2 years.... this contract is a 2 year deal

After 2 years his dead cap would be $15M and his cash would be $14M.
So actually it's for 3 years unless the Chargers are willing to eat $15M after year 2. They won't do that.

Potential Out: 2025, 3 yr, $54,375,000; $10,000,000 dead cap​

After 2 years his dead cap would be $15M and his cash would be $14M.
So actually it's for 3 years unless the Chargers are willing to eat $15M after year 2. They won't do that.

Potential Out: 2025, 3 yr, $54,375,000; $10,000,000 dead cap​

I agree but if their window to win is closed after 2 years, they can go the Khalil Mack route and eat that for a year while they attempt to reset. Wouldn't entirely shock me to see JCJ playing elsewhere in 3 years.

So that 3 with aav of 18 and the pats supposedly offered 3 @ 17 aav. Guess he wanted the cash up front pats typically backload the cash.
No brainer.

Anything close to equal you always take the up front in the NFL.

Back