Fear the Walking Dead Season 1

This looks pretty cool:

Linky.

AMC Plans THE WALKING DEAD Standalone Special for 2016

Posted by Blair Marnell on August 28, 2015

Get ready for a flight to remember on The Walking Dead! AMC is reportedly planning a standalone half-hour Walking Dead special that will introduce a new character from Fear The Walking Dead…once they survive a zombie outbreak on a plane!

The currently untitled Walking Dead special will focus on a group of passengers struggling to survive the in-flight walker attack and it will take place during the Fear The Walking Dead timeframe. One of the survivors of this encounter will be a cast member of Fear The Walking Dead’s second season.

AMC will initially release the special online in chapters, before broadcasting the installments during the commercial breaks on the second half of The Walking Dead’s sixth season in 2016. This will be the first time that AMC has used a Walking Dead web series to introduce a character into either of its two series, and it is also the first Walking Dead sidestory to make it to television. None of the previously produced Walking Dead web series were aired with the mothership program.

The idea of zombies on a plane is still pretty novel, but it has been used before in both World War Z and the subtly titled Flight of the Living Dead. Presumably the creative team of Fear The Walking Dead will find a fresh spin on it.

Fear The Walking Dead has already received a 15 episode second season order, which means that the likely renewal of The Walking Dead for a seventh season of 16 episodes would bring the total to 31 new episodes of the franchise in 2016.

Walking Dead fans, what do you think about AMC’s latest plans for the franchise? Book your tickets now and share your thoughts in the comment section below!

I generally loathe "web series." I will probably wait until they have all been shown and watch it in one shot.

I generally loathe "web series." I will probably wait until they have all been shown and watch it in one shot.

I do too, actually. But the ones they've done in the past (actually more like little vignettes instead of actual episodes) for WD have been pretty good. I'll likely do the same as you and just watch when they put it on TV.

I like the slow burn of this series so far, another great episode last night.

I know I'm in the minority, but this episode sucked.

Buy:
Father (Rick)
Son (Coral)
Ex wife (Carrol)
Step daughter (Micheone)
Barber's daughter (Maggie)
Barber's wife (voice or reason-Dale, Hershel)
HS kid (Darryl)

Sell:
Wife (Andrea)
Barber (Merle)

Tweener:
Druggie (Bob)

I know I'm in the minority, but this episode sucked.

Buy:
Father (Rick)
Son (Glen)
Ex wife (Carrol)
Step daughter (Micheone)
Barber's daughter (Maggie)
Barber's wife (voice or reason-Dale, Hershel)
HS kid (Darryl)

Sell:
Wife (Andrea)
Barber (Merle)

Tweener:
Druggie (Bob)

Last night was the best episode so far, really enjoying this new Walking Dead spinoff

It is easy to look at the beginning of this show and with all the knowledge of the other show expect them to come to the right conclusions about the dead quickly. Because of that lack of understanding by those in the show the anticipation that they will finally understand what they are dealing with is the great part of the show. It is like having a little inside baseball. Clearly, somebody has to die. How that effects them, who rises to leadership, who becomes a fierce, how they get their weapons, how they deal with the authorities, when do they decide or realize the authorities can't and won't help, are all questions I am looking forward to how the answers play out. I don't believe they all get answered in this season.

Two thirds down fvcking page 7? Damn near in the archives. I guess it is as riveting for you all as it is for me. I've stuck with it because I was convinced that the "slow burn" is supposed to make it good. This show has sucked every episode. The wrong wife won. I'm done with this one and can't wait until the real Walking Dead returns.

I've been enjoying it. I think the problem is we all got spoiled with The Walking Dead and forget how it began too. I can remember thinking who is this whiny Daryl bitch and when does he die?

Two thirds down fvcking page 7? Damn near in the archives. I guess it is as riveting for you all as it is for me. I've stuck with it because I was convinced that the "slow burn" is supposed to make it good. This show has sucked every episode. The wrong wife won. I'm done with this one and can't wait until the real Walking Dead returns.

You mean you don't like resting bitch face?

Haven't watched the season finale yet, read the synopsis. Sounds like they're trying to move the dial forward and force these people into the post apocalypse world a little faster than the story line originally intended. I have no problem with that. Just hope Travis gets eaten at some point, fvcking pussy-ass beta male.

You mean you don't like resting bitch face?

Haven't watched the season finale yet, read the synopsis. Sounds like they're trying to move the dial forward and force these people into the post apocalypse world a little faster than the story line originally intended. I have no problem with that. Just hope Travis gets eaten at some point, fvcking pussy-ass beta male.

Might want to watch the finale. Your opinion of Travis might change a little.

eh, I like the show well enough...well, I don't hate it. It isn't like it is a new idea after all.

When The Walking Dead first started, a small group had formed camping on hill. Now we have a small group formed and if I understand where they are chronologically, Rick from the other show hasn't even woken up yet.

I am not that critical of holes in scrips and plots.

Not a great show, but how great can it be after 6 episodes.

Might want to watch the finale. Your opinion of Travis might change a little.

I'll be sure to post here if it does. From what I've read so far it sounds like that's possible. Dale never got his shit together, was glad to see him go.

I still more or less like the show and will continue to watch. I'm pretty sure it'll get better.

That caveat out of the way, as good as the writers have been (mostly) on the flagship WD show, they have royally screwed this show. There were so many problems with it that I'm not even going to bother getting into them (though some of you have done so). It could've been so much better.

I'm hoping they can fix it. I'm guessing that they will take some steps next season. Time to kill off some of the lamers and get some good new characters in there. Strand has some potential to be interesting. So does Daniel (Ruben Blades's character).

I thought it was a great first season can't wait to see how they get to Abigail and where Abigail brings them.

I thought it was a great first season can't wait to see how they get to Abigail and where Abigail brings them.

I can't help but think that something is going to happen to Abigail. That represents a sign of hope and as we've learned from these shows, they like to smash, burn or blow up those signs right before our eyes.

I still more or less like the show and will continue to watch. I'm pretty sure it'll get better.

That caveat out of the way, as good as the writers have been (mostly) on the flagship WD show, they have royally screwed this show. There were so many problems with it that I'm not even going to bother getting into them (though some of you have done so). It could've been so much better.

I'm hoping they can fix it. I'm guessing that they will take some steps next season. Time to kill off some of the lamers and get some good new characters in there. Strand has some potential to be interesting. So does Daniel (Ruben Blades's character).

think this is your Governor character

this is your Rick Grimes

Back