Fear the Walking Dead Season 1

I can't help but think that something is going to happen to Abigail. That represents a sign of hope and as we've learned from these shows, they like to smash, burn or blow up those signs right before our eyes.

I know and it's Awesome ROFL

I enjoyed the first season, I wanted to see society start to fall, and for the most part that is what we got (albeit accelerated). Yeah, there were some dumb things, but you know what? That happens in real life too.

Too many people went into this expecting TWD 2.0, I really set it aside and watched it as a separate show.

SSDD

I have a lot of friends that don't like going through the "We can still save her/him" phase again.

Me.. I enjoyed it.

I have a lot of friends that don't like going through the "We can still save her/him" phase again.

Me.. I enjoyed it.

I feel that most have no clue as to this is a different story then it's older brother and didn't want to see how the decay grew from the beginning. I didn't find it slow by any means

I'm thinking they throw a curve ball and kill off the husband.

I am looking forward to the webisodes. The first one is up now.

I'm thinking they throw a curve ball and kill off the husband.

I am looking forward to the webisodes. The first one is up now.
Oooh, great news! Might watch/cast it tonight! Wife even loves FTWD, and despite her love of Lenny James, she couldn't quite get past the wanton gore of TWD enough to fall in love. I like that this started with enough character plot that she's now glued to it, and that she'll be better able to appreciate teh carnage as a vehicle for the character interactions and not just gratuitous gore.

Oooh, great news! Might watch/cast it tonight! Wife even loves FTWD, and despite her love of Lenny James, she couldn't quite get past the wanton gore of TWD enough to fall in love. I like that this started with enough character plot that she's now glued to it, and that she'll be better able to appreciate teh carnage as a vehicle for the character interactions and not just gratuitous gore.

Yeah, that's pretty important to understand about this show :)

That's why the writing is so important. I really hope it can keep up with big brother in this department. This was really a mini-series, I'm sure they can do better with a full season to work with. Also, typical of any TV show, the first few episodes are often the weakest...before all of the characters mature.

Anyone watching izombie. A different twist on the zombie genre, I'm watching on Netflix.

Anyone watching izombie. A different twist on the zombie genre, I'm watching on Netflix.

I watched the first few episodes awhile ago, it is a cute show. I will probably eventually pick it back up again.

I really liked the first season, it started slow but ended really strong. Both the barber and Stran are excellent characters and I think in the final episode we began to see Travis transforming from marshmallow to survivor.

I really liked the first season, it started slow but ended really strong. Both the barber and Stran are excellent characters and I think in the final episode we began to see Travis transforming from marshmallow to survivor.

You mean the final episode that air on Sunday?

SSDD

I'm trying to figure out what people are expecting from these shows. I completely enjoyed the season. This is a series being built for the long term. I don't want blood and guts every episode. I like the build up of the "slower" episodes. If I can't care about the characters, I can't care about the show.

Yup. Nice campy take on the genre. I'm doing a FTWD/Izombie double feature right now.

I'm trying to figure out what people are expecting from these shows. I completely enjoyed the season. This is a series being built for the long term. I don't want blood and guts every episode. I like the build up of the "slower" episodes. If I can't care about the characters, I can't care about the show.

Most of the people I know that dislike the show do not dislike it because of the 'slow burn' or lack of zombies. They dislike the show because the writing and actors have been sorta lackluster.

I won't go that far, but I also won't go so far as to invalidate that opinion, either. It's still really early to make those kinds of judgements.

As for me, there are only three characters on the show that I find interesting. The others I don't care about at all.

Most of the people I know that dislike the show do not dislike it because of the 'slow burn' or lack of zombies. They dislike the show because the writing and actors have been sorta lackluster.

I won't go that far, but I also won't go so far as to invalidate that opinion, either. It's still really early to make those kinds of judgements.

As for me, there are only three characters on the show that I find interesting. The others I don't care about at all.

Don't know who your 3 are but for me it's Reuben Blades' character, Strand, and now Travis. Disappointed that they killed Liza off. I don't like either of RBF's kids, though I have a feeling the son is going to be developed into a stronger character.

Don't know who your 3 are but for me it's Reuben Blades' character, Strand, and now Travis. Disappointed that they killed Liza off. I don't like either of RBF's kids, though I have a feeling the son is going to be developed into a stronger character.

We have two out of three. Mine: Daniel (Ruben Blades), Madison (Kim Dickens, the mother), and Strand.

I'm taking the long-shot bet that they kill off Travis next season. I think Madison is going to turn out to be a really strong character.

I enjoyed the show. Especially the LAST episode really picked up. Interesting characters. I will definitely watch the next season in 2016.

Okay, so I watched the new episode. WTF did I just watch? Who thought it would be a good idea to start a season with an episode like that? Especially when there are so many TWD fans who are already shaky about watching the series? I really didn't need to follow one of the more annoying characters on the show around for the whole hour and then have him survive in the end. They ended on such a high note last season then it all came crashing down in one episode.

Okay, so I watched the new episode. WTF did I just watch? Who thought it would be a good idea to start a season with an episode like that? Especially when there are so many TWD fans who are already shaky about watching the series? I really didn't need to follow one of the more annoying characters on the show around for the whole hour and then have him survive in the end. They ended on such a high note last season then it all came crashing down in one episode.

Uh....spoiler alert? :confused:

Uh....spoiler alert? :confused:

I didn't really spoil anything. Didn't even say who the episode focused on although if you have seen the commercials, you already know. Not to mention that the episode was on last Sunday. You can't expect people to not post spoilers four days after the episode came out.

Back