Feeling bad for Deion Branch...

BostonTim

IIWII
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3629871 (linked through PFT)

I (and we, I imagine) always loved this guy. I think if we had found a way to keep him instead of eeek (not criticizing here) that we would have won a 4th title in 06/07.

He just can't seem to catch a break and I wish him well.

Cheers, BostonTim

I totally enjoy his misfortune. I know that makes me a bad person but what the hell. Now if I wished injury on him that would make me evil but I don't and never did. But I'm not going to say that I don't enjoy that he hasn't been able to play.

He was the one who wanted out of here. He tried to embarrass the Patriots. He got his money (don't blame him for that). I hope that he invested it in Fannie Mea.

BTW, I don't feel the same about David Givens. He was late round pick and made himself a good player. I'm glad he got his money and I hope he put it all in a CD at a good bank.

I (and we, I imagine) always loved this guy. I think if we had found a way to keep him instead of eeek (not criticizing here) that we would have won a 4th title in 06/07.

I'm not going to waste a lot of emotion on the guys who put paychecks ahead of winning. With the possible exception of Vinitari, have any of them done as well outside of Belichick's system? Have any of them picked up another ring?

Granted, the salary cap doesn't allow everyone to be paid as much as they might perceive their worth. Bad teams often don't manage their cap as well as the good teams. Bad teams full of bad players find it easier to scrounge up the money to bring in a star. That's the way it is.

Just don't expect me to feel sorry for either the bad team or the star.

I totally enjoy his misfortune. I know that makes me a bad person but what the hell. Now if I wished injury on him that would make me evil but I don't and never did. But I'm not going to say that I don't enjoy that he hasn't been able to play.

He was the one who wanted out of here. He tried to embarrass the Patriots. He got his money (don't blame him for that). I hope that he invested it in Fannie Mea.

BTW, I don't feel the same about David Givens. He was late round pick and made himself a good player. I'm glad he got his money and I hope he put it all in a CD at a good bank.

blantyr said:
I'm not going to waste a lot of emotion on the guys who put paychecks ahead of winning. With the possible exception of Vinitari, have any of them done as well outside of Belichick's system? Have any of them picked up another ring?

Granted, the salary cap doesn't allow everyone to be paid as much as they might perceive their worth. Bad teams often don't manage their cap as well as the good teams. Bad teams full of bad players find it easier to scrounge up the money to bring in a star. That's the way it is.

Just don't expect me to feel sorry for either the bad team or the star.

I take your points of course. But I feel he was a good soldier while here and did tremendous good for the franchise. And I feel there is a lot of pressure from family, agents, the NFLPA, even the Parity Driven NFL on young players to swap out for the money, and for the parity. So I can't hold it too much against him. He had his rings - who can deny the compelling urgency of the desire to cash in?

PS: I know many have deleted AV from their databases as well. But my feelings for him, for the same reasons, are similar - though he has (AV) has been more hostile in retrospect than I could have imagined.

Cheers

I would have wished him luck if he left at the end of his contract. However, he was holding out when under contract so he can shove it up his butt. No sympathy for his present circumstances.

But feeling good about BB's decision making.

Is Manny the only guy to leave the Sox or Pats and excel? Vinatieri has been OK and did win a ring in the hell that it must be to share a lockerroom with Pay-a-ton and Dungy Opportunist, but Manny is the only guy BB or Theo let go who really went nuts.

Check that, Hanley, too.

Is Manny the only guy to leave the Sox or Pats and excel? Vinatieri has been OK and did win a ring in the hell that it must be to share a lockerroom with Pay-a-ton and Dungy Opportunist, but Manny is the only guy BB or Theo let go who really went nuts.

Check that, Hanley, too.

Anibal Sanchez, then he had shoulder issues

Manny doesnt count, the Sox were going nowhere had they kept him and if they didnt trade HanRam etc for Beckett/Lowell they have only 2004.

Givens
MEH
Sucks that his kid is sick and who knows what kind of backroom pressure he was under. He never seemed like he really wanted to leave....................

screw branches career after New England...not wishing him an injury but not worrying if teh Searats got a good deal out of the trade

Check that, Hanley, too.

It's only been a couple of months with Manny. Give it time. He's on best behavior/production in order to get signed. Then it will be back to Manny being a small flacid dild... I mean...Manny.

One and the same.

I don't recall a "Manny" on the Patriots roster, ever.

Oh, I get it. It's an attempt to turn a football topic thread into a
baseball.gif
thread.

I don't know how to react to that. I said I won't go on baseball threads to complain about baseball. But what about football threads being turned into baseball threads, should I call it a :cop:eek:r just let it go. It's very confusing.

I don't recall a "Manny" on the Patriots roster, ever.

Oh, I get it. It's an attempt to turn a football topic thread into a
baseball.gif
thread.

I don't know how to react to that. I said I won't go on baseball threads to complain about baseball. But what about football threads being turned into baseball threads, should I call it a :cop:eek:r just let it go. It's very confusing.

:zzz:

Dude, we're sports fans. Not baseball only, not football only, not hockey only, not b-ball only. SPORTS.

Analogies travel across the sports. Seeing a great comeback in one sport reminds me of same in other sports.

Speaking of things crossing sports lines, who doesn't love the fact that "Boston Beat LA" in two playoff series since June.

(This is a :Celtics: and :Redsox: reference.)

Branch is like A$ante, just wanting to get paid and disrupting the team with dumb antics. Branch held out, A$ante acted like a child. Couldn't care less about how either of them do.

Guys who left honorably via FA or trade or whatever, sure I'll keep cheering for them.

Dude, we're sports fans. Not baseball only, not football only, not hockey only, not b-ball only. SPORTS.

Analogies travel across the sports. Seeing a great comeback in one sport reminds me of same in other sports.

Speaking of things crossing sports lines, who doesn't love the fact that "Boston Beat LA" in two playoff series since June.

And maybe one more if Manny meets the Sox in the WS.

Talk about the New England Patriots. Talk about other teams. Talk about Alice in Wonderland or almost anything else. It's all good.

BTW, I don't feel bad for Deion Branch. He has more money than I'll ever see in my lifetime. What I do find weird is that there's a thread about Deion Branch. :blink:

Branch is like A$ante, just wanting to get paid and disrupting the team with dumb antics. Branch held out, A$ante acted like a child. Couldn't care less about how either of them do.

Guys who left honorably via FA or trade or whatever, sure I'll keep cheering for them.

same

Dude, we're sports fans. Not baseball only, not football only, not hockey only, not b-ball only. SPORTS.Analogies travel across the sports. Seeing a great comeback in one sport reminds me of same in other sports.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction, DS. When you say "we", does that include everyone?

Is there something missing in my life because I would rather watch a bad episode of Modern Marvels than a really good soccer game?

Anyway we are getting off topic. Branch was under contract that he signed of his own free will. He was not a free agent. He then decided to hold out to see if he could get more $ , which I have no problem with. But than he and his agent had to shoot off their mouths and try to embarrass the patriots. so as stated before, I have no sympathy for his misfortunes.

Back