Florida State vs Alabama

No.1jag

#STEALTHESHOW
Reaction score
Ok I know this is a pro football loving board here. You guys up there love all that is NFL however there is a pretty huge game coming up September 2 in Atlanta between these two power houses of college football world.

Who ya got?

No brainer for me. I got FSU in a close one. FSU defense will be scary this year.

Ok I know this is a pro football loving board here. You guys up there love all that is NFL however there is a pretty huge game coming up September 2 in Atlanta between these two power houses of college football world.

Who ya got?

No brainer for me. I got FSU in a close one. FSU defense will be scary this year.

I've been on Mother Earth for a quite some time now, and I have never met a person who has graduated from either of those institutions.

Now, I happen to work in the technology field, so maybe that doesn't match well with what is taught at those particular higher education establishments. And while I have traveled a bit and lived on both coasts, I haven't spent much time in the southeast quadrant of CONUS.

So, what do they teach down there?

I've been on Mother Earth for a quite some time now, and I have never met a person who has graduated from either of those institutions.

Now, I happen to work in the technology field, so maybe that doesn't match well with what is taught at those particular higher education establishments. And while I have traveled a bit and lived on both coasts, I haven't spent much time in the southeast quadrant of CONUS.

It's because you're in technology. If you were in Criminal Justice or defense law you'd bump into them all the time.

We can party harder than anyone in the country lol

Florida State started as an all girls school back in the mid 1800s.

Florida State known more for fine arts programs. Even at one time being referred to as Clown School. Famous alum include Burt Reyonolds, Jim Morrison, Faye Dunaway, Alan Ball, Norman Thagard to name a few.

Alabama I can't speak on.

It's because you're in technology. If you were in Criminal Justice or defense law you'd bump into them all the time.

Criminal Justice is actually a good degree from FSU all joking aside.

Who ya got?

Scoreless tie? Oh, they don't do ties anymore in college.

It's going to come down to which QB is less garbage, and I think that will be Francois, although I think Florida State will miss Dalvin Cook a LOT. He did everything for that offense last year. I saw Francois take some hellacious hits last year. If they've got their offensive line straightened out, they should win, but I'd really need to see who's going to pick up Cook's slack on that offense before I put money on it.

Jalen Hurts is, I don't want to say trash, but he's in the bottom half of SEC QBs at the very best.

I wouldn't expect much of a scoring explosion either way, Bama's front 7 is still as good as any in the country, and like you said, Florida State's defense has a potential to be scary good.

I'd lean Seminoles in this one, although I can also see Nick Saban drawing something up that befuddles Jimbo Fisher (who is easily befuddled).

Good on College Football and good on these two programs for scheduling a game like this to open the season. I know it's happened more and more in recent years - but I love programs that aren't scared to play anyone. This is why the Iowas of the world will never actually win anything.

Scoreless tie? Oh, they don't do ties anymore in college.

It's going to come down to which QB is less garbage, and I think that will be Francois, although I think Florida State will miss Dalvin Cook a LOT. He did everything for that offense last year. I saw Francois take some hellacious hits last year. If they've got their offensive line straightened out, they should win, but I'd really need to see who's going to pick up Cook's slack on that offense before I put money on it.

Jalen Hurts is, I don't want to say trash, but he's in the bottom half of SEC QBs at the very best.

I wouldn't expect much of a scoring explosion either way, Bama's front 7 is still as good as any in the country, and like you said, Florida State's defense has a potential to be scary good.

I'd lean Seminoles in this one, although I can also see Nick Saban drawing something up that befuddles Jimbo Fisher (who is easily befuddled).

Good on College Football and good on these two programs for scheduling a game like this to open the season. I know it's happened more and more in recent years - but I love programs that aren't scared to play anyone. This is why the Iowas of the world will never actually win anything.

Cam Akers watch for that name as FSU latest 5 star running back.

Cam Akers watch for that name as FSU latest 5 star running back.

5-star running backs come and go. Dalvin Cook was special, and I think he'll be a special pro too.

Dalvin Cook > Warrick Dunn, and Dunn was unreal at FSU.

Only college team I care about is Stanford.

I met a Florida State Fan once also. Unfortunately hes a dick head that lives 20 minutes down the road from me. :coffee:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ShNBGIbo2H8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Watching Bama's conservative offense under Saban is like watching a slug move...boring! I'm not a fan of Saban's offensive philosophy. I don't care who wins.

Only college team I care about is Stanford.
how is he doing? I too Care for them and Villanova. And old classmates son plays there at OL

I met a Florida State Fan once also. Unfortunately hes a dick head that lives 20 minutes down the road from me. :coffee:
bad experience. Did he lick his fingers then touch you?

So there is another Florida State fan close to you? At first I thought you meant me but live at least 30 minutes from you. :coffee:

No, it's true.

With all the talent Saban accumulates you'd think he'd want a QB who could drive the machine at full throttle. But, no, Saban wants a game manager he can control on every play. People see similarities in BB and Saban but this is one aspect, and there are others, of Saban that is completely anti-Belichickian. I'm not a Saban fan.

Back