Ghost deserves a thread

BostonTim

IIWII
Reaction score
In his ninth season with 1053 points and an 86.1% FGM %. (AV -10 seasons, 1158 points, 83.2%).

Assuming health, by appx. Game 4 next year he will be the Pats all-time scoring leader.

He's Yastrzemski to AV's Ted Williams.

I can't believe he's been here this long. He's played almost invisibly in the long shadow of AV, but look at what he has so quietly accomplished.

:notworthy: Give it up for the Ghost.

Cheers, BostonTim

Ghost has been great for the Pats since taking over for Vinatieri. :thumb:

:celebrate:

He's also in the last year of his contract and he's making $3.8M+ ($3M plus the $800K amortized signing bonus wh/ he already received in Aug., 2010). He was also very good in 2006 as a rookie when he only cost the team $275K. Just sayin'...maybe there's another rookie in the 2015 draft. :huh:

Unfortunately, thru no fault of his own, the first thing I think of wrt Ghost is 4th and 13. With a noticably stronger leg than AV and a higher FG% why did BB opt to go for it?

Oakland+Raiders+v+New+England+Patriots+n5U25v0csyAl.jpg

In his ninth season with 1053 points and an 86.1% FGM %. (AV -10 seasons, 1158 points, 83.2%).

Assuming health, by appx. Game 4 next year he will be the Pats all-time scoring leader.

He's Yastrzemski to AV's Ted Williams.

I can't believe he's been here this long. He's played almost invisibly in the long shadow of AV, but look at what he has so quietly accomplished.

:notworthy: Give it up for the Ghost.

Cheers, BostonTim
I don't know about all that. Gostkowski's the superior player.

I don't know about all that. Gostkowski's the superior player.

I love this thread and completely agree with this post. Stephen Gostkowski is a better kicker than AV since he came into the league and has had a better Patriots career. AV has the legendary clutch kicks but the Ghost has everything else.

I will be extremely disappointed if we don't extend him. My hopes aren't high but my fingers are crossed that something gets done.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9lkBtMqM1-c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back