Gilmore Released

He wants $15M, Mazz.
He was the 108th ranked CB last year, Mazz.
He's coming off serious injury, Mazz.
No one has seen him run yet, Mazz.
He's 31 years old, Mazz.

$15M is a lot of money to invest in a player with those flags.
I really hope it's the Bucs who invest it though.
This isn't about what Gilmore is going to get paid ultimately. He is going to get more than $7 mil that is for sure. This is about why Bill did not move the guy last year knowing he was not going to pay him this year. He wanted a mulit-year deal last year. He also said he would have played this year with a bump. Bill did neither despite spending $160 mil in guaranteed money on players like Jonnu Smith and Godcheaux. And now we are in a position today graveling for a team to toss us a pick before 4:00 p.m. or else he released. That is a complete botch job by Bill no matter how you slice it.

If we had infinite monopoly money to spend, then I'm sure we would have paid the guy and rolled the dice that he's good to go, but that doesn't work in
the real world.
Wut? We had the closest thing to monopoly money this off-season and Bill chose not to spend any of it on his best defensive player.

This is a disaster. Our best defensive player and we not only don't sign him because of "cap" even though we had $160 mil to spend but we don't get a pick either. And you guys wonder why I keep telling you that Bill is a terrible GM.

Also, just to add salt. I bet Tampa picks him up. LOL

Have you sent your resume to Mr. Kraft yet? Clearly he doesn't read your genius on PP so you are going to have tell him that someone of your caliber is available. He can then dump BB and save a few bucks at the same time as I am sure you would bring your "A" game roster building expertise to the Patriots at a discount, right?

It hard to imagine that Mr. Kraft has become a multi-billionaire while also being so dumb as to employ that idiot Belichick.

"LOL"

LOL. This may come us a surprise to you but it really shouldn't, other teams actually pay for top talent and don't let it walk out the door for nothing.
No longer "top talent", Patriot Hater.

Wut? We had the closest thing to monopoly money this off-season and Bill chose not to spend any of it on his best defensive player
Because we had other areas that were far more pressing, needs wise. OL, WR, TE, LB, DL. Secondary was not and still isn't an area of concern.

Gilmore was an excellent signing for us even if it wasn't for the full term of the contract.

I always thought of him as a mercenary, but he didn't cause a lot of problems and gave us two years of outstanding corner play. Now, we're on to J.C. and I think
he's shown he is a fine No. 1 and we're good enough with the guys we've got now.

If we had infinite monopoly money to spend, then I'm sure we would have paid the guy and rolled the dice that he's good to go, but that doesn't work in
the real world. Happy trails, Stephon. You still have a big reputation, now let's see how long you can hang on to it.
Well said. Gilmore took away half the field, but as you said JC is really starting to develop into a helluva player.

This isn't about what Gilmore is going to get paid ultimately. He is going to get more than $7 mil that is for sure. This is about why Bill did not move the guy last year knowing he was not going to pay him this year. He wanted a mulit-year deal last year. He also said he would have played this year with a bump. Bill did neither despite spending $160 mil in guaranteed money on players like Jonnu Smith and Godcheaux. And now we are in a position today graveling for a team to toss us a pick before 4:00 p.m. or else he released. That is a complete botch job by Bill no matter how you slice it.

View: https://www.amazon.com/Chess-Dummies-4e-James-Eade/dp/111928001X

Uh, he was injured. It was a serious injury. How many teams would be willing to bet $15M on an injured player whose wheels may not work well enough?
BB negotiated to find middle ground according to many sources. But he wasn't willing to go to $15M/ for an injured 31 year old player whose production slid badly last year.

You're hate is getting in the way of clear thinking.

Because we had other areas that were far more pressing, needs wise. OL, WR, TE, LB, DL. Secondary was not and still isn't an area of concern.
There is nothing more pressing than having the best CB take away the other team's best player. Gilmore was fine taking just a bump and not a multi-year deal and we didn't even do that. IMO, that makes no sense.

There is nothing more pressing than having the best CB take away the other team's best player. Gilmore was fine taking just a bump and not a multi-year deal and we didn't even do that. IMO, that makes no sense.

How were YOU able to get into the negotiating room/zoom meeting email threads?

Or are you just guessing in the most negative way to increase your starring troll status/role?

Answer?

The Bucs could use him after they got lit up by the Rams and Patriots. They can't defend the pass, so maybe they signing him will be a good thing. Or maybe he won't play a single down yet because he is still injured, who knows. Either way, it would be a good landing spot for him and they could definitely use him.

The Bucs could use him after they got lit up by the Rams and Patriots. They can't defend the pass, so maybe they signing him will be a good thing. Or maybe he won't play a single down yet because he is still injured, who knows. Either way, it would be a good landing spot for him and they could definitely use him.
It is interesting. They have a lot of guys injured who will come back. Not sure that they need Gilmore as much as some other teams but much depends on the Brady factor. You know Brady wants him so it is just a matter if Licht pulls the strings on the wallet. I think he probably ends up in GB or KC.

It is interesting. They have a lot of guys injured who will come back. Not sure that they need Gilmore as much as some other teams but much depends on the Brady factor. You know Brady wants him so it is just a matter if Licht pulls the strings on the wallet. I think he probably ends up in GB or KC.
The double edged sword to that. It also sends a message to the other players that Brady feels they aren't good enough. OJ Howard is a Pro Bowl TE who got pushed to the back burner because Brady wanted his Binky in Gronk. Evans and Godwin are pro bowl WR's who struggled at the beginning of last season, so Brady wanted AB. See, this could actually bite them in the face too.

Back