Good Game

Phobia

Future exwife below
Reaction score
Website
www.chiefsplanet.com
Best of luck the rest of the way.

I offer little in the way of excuses. My team did too little, too late. This was the 3rd loss in a row in which Green was sacked on the last offensive play to end the ballgame. I don't know precisely what's wrong with my team, but they're not very good. Last year was a complete fluke based on a weak schedule. DV will be gone and we'll be rebuilding next year, unfortunately.

The Chiefs gave the Pats a scare just like most of us expected.

The KC problem is quite simple....they need a total overhaul on defense. From mental mistakes to poor tackling to poor scheming to an overall lack of talent. They're the poster child for the old adage that offense sells tickets and defense wins championships.

They need a GM who will come in and devote the upcoming draft to defense. A defensive oriented coach would also be in order (Crennel perhaps?).

The long term issue is whether the offense will stay intact long enough for the defense to catch up. I'm not sure what your free agent outlook is nor how the salary cap stands for next year.

Thanks for staying over Phobia. Tell Dad we said Hi. :)

Phobia said:

I offer little in the way of excuses. My team did too little, too late. This was the 3rd loss in a row in which Green was sacked on the last offensive play to end the ballgame. I don't know precisely what's wrong with my team, but they're not very good. Last year was a complete fluke based on a weak schedule. DV will be gone and we'll be rebuilding next year, unfortunately.

Thanks Mr. Phob - it's been nice having you over for a spell. It was cool hanging out over at the mothership for a while too - that's one of the busiest damn sites I've ever seen, but the vibe is similar to what we've got going on here (we could match your traffic if we wanted, but don't believe in using steroids ;) ).

Anyhow - see ya around!

You could never match our fan base,,,,,win or lose the chiefs have the biggest fan base in the world. it's a fact. I can not wish you good luck the rest of the way,,,after all look at what you did against my 3-7 team last night,,,we almost tied it,you only beat us by 8 points and your the champs ha ha,,,,,,,,,enjoy the ride because its over,,,,,Steelers all the way.

chiefsgal said:
You could never match our fan base,,,,,win or lose the chiefs have the biggest fan base in the world. it's a fact. I can not wish you good luck the rest of the way,,,after all look at what you did against my 3-7 team last night,,,we almost tied it,you only beat us by 8 points and your the champs ha ha,,,,,,,,,enjoy the ride because its over,,,,,Steelers all the way.

Trust me, you'll fit in very nicely with the Steeler fan base.

No I am not rooting for them,,,,,,just think they will do it this year,,,like I said win or lose I have been a chiefs fan for 25 years. They are my team no matter what,,,,I will die a chiefs fan.

chiefsgal said:
You could never match our fan base,,,,,win or lose the chiefs have the biggest fan base in the world. it's a fact.

Uhhhh.....riiiiight then.

I'm guessing you have census based facts and figures to show us this then?

I'm betting the Cowboys would have something to say to you as well.

chiefsgal said:
No I am not rooting for them,,,,,,just think they will do it this year,,,like I said win or lose I have been a chiefs fan for 25 years. They are my team no matter what,,,,I will die a chiefs fan.

I wish I can say it was nice having you here, but......it wasn't.

I'm going to hold off on the other obvious one-liner here and wish you and the rest of the Chiefs fan a merciful end to the suffering under Vermiel and hope you get somebody in there that can give you guys what you deserve.

Have a fruitful offseason and find some defensive players, willya?

Phobia said:

Always a pleasure, Mr. Phobia. Best of luck the rest of the way.

The good news is that you don't have to rebuild the entire team. Just the entire defense. I think you might have 3 players there, but would be hard pressed to name them.

Two words: Romeo Crennel.:D

So,,,,,,,long,,,,,,ChiefsGal,,,
thanks,,,,,,,so,,,,much,,,,for,,,
your,,,,brilliant,,,,contributions,,,,
to,,,,this,,,,,forum,,,,,,,,,

PS - If you're looking for your vibrator....I think you left it next to your keyboard. Apparantly, the tip is resting against the comma key.

chiefsgal said:

There about ten "dimwit" things in your sad post. I'll let you figure them out.

The biggest, of course, is telling fans of a 9-1 team (winners of 24 of 25), and 2 of the last 3 Super Bowls that it is "over". Anyhow, needless to say your team sucks and we don't have a coach who cries.

KC Chiefs = Property of the New England Patriots

chiefsgal said:

Do me a favor,,,,,,,,,Find the "...." key and then come back. Untill then run back to your little street corner.

Re: Re: Good Game

Hawg73 said:
Always a pleasure, Mr. Phobia. Best of luck the rest of the way.

The good news is that you don't have to rebuild the entire team. Just the entire defense. I think you might have 3 players there, but would be hard pressed to name them.

Two words: Romeo Crennel.:D

I think you're wrong. I think our offensive line and Priest Holmes are lined up like dominoes. If Will Shields or Willie Roaf retire, the other retires and so does Priest. Throw in our aging fullback with the ever increasing salary, and we lose 4 of 11 starters on offense. We also need to find a set of WR's that can make a routine catch. We may not only need to replace 8 or 9 players on defense, but potentially as many as 6 on offense.

The future is not bright for Chiefs fans. Especially when our draft days have looked as they have for the past several years. Every year, we pick a 4th round projection in the 2nd and every year he sucks balls.

Re: Re: Re: Good Game

Phobia said:
I think you're wrong. I think our offensive line and Priest Holmes are lined up like dominoes. If Will Shields or Willie Roaf retire, the other retires and so does Priest. Throw in our aging fullback with the ever increasing salary, and we lose 4 of 11 starters on offense. We also need to find a set of WR's that can make a routine catch. We may not only need to replace 8 or 9 players on defense, but potentially as many as 6 on offense.

The future is not bright for Chiefs fans. Especially when our draft days have looked as they have for the past several years. Every year, we pick a 4th round projection in the 2nd and every year he sucks balls.

I know, I know.

I was trying to be kind, but you saw through my little ruse.

For the first time I could see Roaf's mobility in decline and never saw Shields do a thing last night and since they are both 12th year guys.....you have to wonder if they might hang them up.

Among Vermiel's biggest problems are that he forms attachments to players and keeps non-producers around. That is bad business and both Kennison and Morton have been average WRs at best feeding off Gonzo and the ground game. These guys have been open for years and haven't done much with it.

I can't see Priest hanging it up just yet. Looks to me like he still has gas in the tank, but I still believe that if you put this team in the hands of a capable guy then we aren't looking at a Redskins-level implosion.

Roger that comment about the draft. I already commented on Jared Allen and was not impressed with Junior. Your draft looked weak last April and looks worse now.

Good luck the rest of this year Pat fans. There is so many things wrong with our damn team it would take to freakin long to name them all. Defense should be project number one. And I lost my voice ay Arrowhead just to see Brady and Co. convert third down like they were at practice. :banghead: Oh well...... go winn another SB.............. just make sure the donkeys don't!!

chiefsgal said:
You could never match our fan base,win or lose the chiefs have the biggest fan base in the world. it's a fact.

Lot of empty seats last night. Was the game blacked out locally? Or does a local bank and Steer slaughterhouse buy up the unused tickets so youse guys can see the game on the tube?

Supkem said:
Lot of empty seats last night. Was the game blacked out locally? Or does a local bank and Steer slaughterhouse buy up the unused tickets so youse guys can see the game on the tube?

Now you're being ignorant. Arrowhead has sold out for about 15 years straight.

I don't know what that female Chiefs fan is talking about - largest fanbase.... I think she's stretching another fact to suit her agenda. The Chiefs do have season ticket holders in every state, Canada, Mexico, and Puerto Rico.

ChiefsGal isn't your typical Chiefs fan, that's for sure.

Late in the game-- but when it was still winable-- it was hard not to notice all the empty seats at Arrowhead and since the fans are universally acclaimed as diehards, an outsider would use that to question whether the dedication is what it's cracked up to be.

We had a five point lead with a couple of minutes left. Not exactly a blowout.

Or maybe since the pervasive feeling was that you were going to lose people just decided to get a head start on the post game tailgate. You can't blame them.

Hawg73 said:
ChiefsGal isn't your typical Chiefs fan, that's for sure.

Late in the game-- but when it was still winable-- it was hard not to notice all the empty seats at Arrowhead and since the fans are universally acclaimed as diehards, an outsider would use that to question whether the dedication is what it's cracked up to be.

I don't feel there's a whole lot of difference between fans in various cities. KC fans are no more diehard than any other town outside of California. Yeah, we've had a "problem" with people leaving the game early. I don't understand it, but I guess some people rationalize dropping $200 for a family to attend and leaving early.

Hell, I got circus tickets free and didn't want to leave before it was over....

Back