Goodell must be thrilled

thomas144

Bandwagon Fan
Reaction score
Website
www.mudelephant.com
Trash the franchise. Suspend its all-time great star for no sensible reason. And still 21,000 people show up to watch practice. So much for boycotting the NFL.

I blame all those bandwagon fans who have never heard of deflategate or Goodell.

:shrug_n:

So the more fans that go to the Pats TC, the more thrilled Goodell is?

How is 21,000 people chanting BRA-DY, BRA-DY, BRA-DY supporting Goodell and the NFL?

Early candidate for dumbest thread of the season.

Thomas is different. He has a deadly serious tongue in cheek quality that leaves me amused And confused. I'd never call his stuff dumb. Maybe disturbing?

Cheers, BostonTim

This one might pass for an unusually normal thread for T144.

The man is a legend.

I've seen him create pure havoc on opposing team's forums with a simple paragraph. Mayhem.

One of his attributes is the ability to look ahead. For instance, while the rest of us are worried about 2016, Thomas might be concerned about our ability to sign Cyrus Jones when his rookie deal expires. Without him having ever taken a snap.

It's a thing. He grows on people.

This one might pass for an unusually normal thread for T144.

The man is a legend.

I've seen him create pure havoc on opposing team's forums with a simple paragraph. Mayhem.

One of his attributes is the ability to look ahead. For instance, while the rest of us are worried about 2016, Thomas might be concerned about our ability to sign Cyrus Jones when his rookie deal expires. Without him having ever taken a snap.

It's a thing. He grows on people.

He's the master of the grenade.
And no pole is legitimate without a Thomas144 option.

Thomas has a strong point. The NFL attacks the franchise, ensures it's not competing on a level playing field for the foreseable future which pisses off an entire fan base with the only real risk being a loss of a large portion of those very fans and the revenue they provide to the league.

Instead of facing a fan backlash resulting in damage to the bottom line, the Patriots, and by extension, the league, are more popular with New England fans than ever and the money continues to roll in.

Goodell got it all. A damaged Patriots franchise holding them to means of parity which exist outside the rules the rest of the league follows, thrilling his bosses and the fans of other teams, a big win for his ego, and no adverse effect to the bottom line which is the only criteria he cares about.

Goodell doesn't care that Pats fans despise him nor does he care that Bob Kraft lost his reputation within the league as well as the love and respect of his team's fans and is now almost universally an object of scorn.

Why wouldn't Goodell be thrilled?

Thomas has a strong point. The NFL attacks the franchise, ensures it's not competing on a level playing field for the foreseable future which pisses off an entire fan base with the only real risk being a loss of a large portion of those very fans and the revenue they provide to the league.

Instead of facing a fan backlash resulting in damage to the bottom line, the Patriots, and by extension, the league, are more popular with New England fans than ever and the money continues to roll in.

Goodell got it all. A damaged Patriots franchise holding them to means of parity which exist outside the rules the rest of the league follows, thrilling his bosses and the fans of other teams, a big win for his ego, and no adverse effect to the bottom line which is the only criteria he cares about.

Goodell doesn't care that Pats fans despise him nor does he care that Bob Kraft lost his reputation within the league as well as the love and respect of his team's fans and is now almost universally an object of scorn.

He is. Good points all around, AWTE. EXPN is the one suffering from the loss of Patriots fans viewership. F them now & I believe Goodell will get what's coming to him soon, too.

He is. Good points all around, AWTE. EXPN is the one suffering from the loss of Patriots fans viewership. F them now & I believe Goodell will get what's coming to him soon, too.

show me this loss in viewership. there are just as many people talking about and linking to four letter network stories here as ever. i highly doubt the ratings of the four letter network are down significantly here in NE.

goodell goes nowhere unless the owners feel the economic winds of change.

Hell goodell just won unlimited power over the players in the 2nd court of appeals, he found a way to rid the rest of the owners of brady for four games over nothing, took draft picks away from the pats, and he has weakened kraft as a lot of other owners seem to have wanted.

thomas and awte are right, keep spending money on, or watching on tv, or clicking links of the nfl, its owners, and its media whores and you continue to keep goodell in office.

show me this loss in viewership. there are just as many people talking about and linking to four letter network stories here as ever. i highly doubt the ratings of the four letter network are down significantly here in NE.

goodell goes nowhere unless the owners feel the economic winds of change.

Hell goodell just won unlimited power over the players in the 2nd court of appeals, he found a way to rid the rest of the owners of brady for four games over nothing, took draft picks away from the pats, and he has weakened kraft as a lot of other owners seem to have wanted.

thomas and awte are right, keep spending money on, or watching on tv, or clicking links of the nfl, its owners, and its media whores and you continue to keep goodell in office.

ESPN has been pummeled with people chord cutting. See, http://awfulannouncing.com/2016/esp...le-sports-networks-keep-shedding-viewers.html

They are the highest subscriber channel on cable at $6.61 a subscriber. Every time a person chord cuts like I just did last month, they lose $6.61 every month. Times that by 1.5 million subscribers that they just lost and it has made a huge dent in their revenues which is why you have seen such a drastic shake up the last year. You could see them crumble the way AOL/Time Warner did as they don't have the business model to sustain the loss in television viewership that is only going to continue.

ESPN has been pummeled with people chord cutting. See, http://awfulannouncing.com/2016/esp...le-sports-networks-keep-shedding-viewers.html

They are the highest subscriber channel on cable at $6.61 a subscriber. Every time a person chord cuts like I just did last month, they lose $6.61 every month. Times that by 1.5 million subscribers that they just lost and it has made a huge dent in their revenues which is why you have seen such a drastic shake up the last year. You could see them crumble the way AOL/Time Warner did as they don't have the business model to sustain the loss in television viewership that is only going to continue.

cord cutting has very little/nothing to do with how the nfl conducts its business. Cord cutting is about cable cost vs internet cost and what is available on both.

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

Fvck BSPN...

this

cord cutting has very little/nothing to do with how the nfl conducts its business. Cord cutting is about cable cost vs internet cost and what is available on both.

Normally true, agreed.

But ESPN's a little different, because their cost per subscriber is so high, and because ESPN accounts for so much of Disney's income, that a mass exodus like they're experiencing over time, really is going to hurt them.

And part of the reason their cost per subscriber is so high, is because the only things they really make money on is Football (college and pro) and the NBA playoffs. But they have to fill the rest of the year with stuff, so the savings gets passed on to you.

You are right on this though, the NFL doesn't give a rat's ass whether ESPN lives or dies. It just gives them MNF to auction off to someone else.

Strong points, but one reason why Goodell would not be thrilled is because a lot of people in New England USED to be fans of the entire league and would spend a lot of time and money in watching neutral games and buying genuine NFL shield merchandise, along with watching a ton of NFL Network and frequenting their website.

I don't do that anymore and I think there are a lot of other Patriots fans that feel the same way. It's a small thing, perhaps, but I can only stomach the NFL to the extent I do in order to follow my team and my team only.

It's us against the world more than ever.

I can't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

this

You asked about ESPN though and any evidence that they are losing viewers. That was what I was responding to. ESPN has a terrible business model because so much of its revenue is subscriber based and they charge the highest rate of any channel. They are in real trouble because they failed to see the move away from cable to alternative sports programming or the fact that the younger generation does not sit and watch games but consumes FF stats and watches highlights on YouTube or some other website.

The NFL of course will be fine as they will just pick another partner to show its games if need be.

Back