Grigson fired

At one time, a large majority of people thought the Sun orbited the Earth.

Sometimes the minority view corresponds with reality. The majority accepts a facile explanation because they can't be bothered to understand evidence.

And sometimes, evidence will be rejected because someone in authority (a Pope, say, or a commissioner) does not want external reality to challenge the official position of an organization.

You're arguing that an echo chamber of scorned Patriot fans have a better finger on the pulse of the NFL than actual executives who work in the NFL.

As to not being able to accept evidence, the evidence in the case doesn't support the contention that the Colts GM position is one no one would want because Irsay is the terrible. It actually supports the opposite conclusion.

So, basically people are saying, "What's the better situation, 49ers or Colts?"

Yeah, Colt fans, don't take too much pride from that particular choice, please. The only difference is that one team has a highly overrated QB who makes too many stupid decisions, and the other team has Kaepernick.

You missed a perfect opportunity to make a "hang a banner" joke.

You're arguing that an echo chamber of scorned Patriot fans have a better finger on the pulse of the NFL than actual executives who work in the NFL.

As to not being able to accept evidence, the evidence in the case doesn't support the contention that the Colts GM position is one no one would want because Irsay is the terrible. It actually supports the opposite conclusion.

That's like....your opinion man.

Why is Irsay forcing the new GM to keep Pagano? This is like the Jets when they hired Idzik and made him keep Ryan. Disaster.

Unless I'm mistaken (could happen, I'm not perfect), you're arguing that the Colts GM position is desirable because Irsay is a wonderful person to work for.

There some pretty good evidence out there that Irsay abuses drugs and alcohol. And since he was born rich and inherited the team, it's not clear to me that he has a good work ethic. Based on the evidence I see, he's not the kind of man I would want writing my performance reviews.

But maybe you're constructing a different argument, or there's evidence out there that shows Irsay to be the opposite of what I think.

Why is Irsay forcing the new GM to keep Pagano? This is like the Jets when they hired Idzik and made him keep Ryan. Disaster.

Maybe it's just that it is so late in the game, they couldn't get a guy they'd want this year anyway.

Unless I'm mistaken (could happen, I'm not perfect), you're arguing that the Colts GM position is desirable because Irsay is a wonderful person to work for.

There some pretty good evidence out there that Irsay abuses drugs and alcohol. And since he was born rich and inherited the team, it's not clear to me that he has a good work ethic. Based on the evidence I see, he's not the kind of man I would want writing my performance reviews.

But maybe you're constructing a different argument, or there's evidence out there that shows Irsay to be the opposite of what I think.

At best I'm arguing that the prevailing opinion here of the attractiveness of the Colts GM position isn't accurate.

I'd go further than that but I'd essentially be talking to myself. Know your audience.

Maybe it's just that it is so late in the game, they couldn't get a guy they'd want this year anyway.

I assume Irsay believes in Pagano and attributes our issues to Grigson.

I'm on board for half of that statement.

At best I'm arguing that the prevailing opinion here of the attractiveness of the Colts GM position isn't accurate.

I'd go further than that but I'd essentially be talking to myself. Know your audience.
So, you tell me I'm wrong but then say you're not interested in arguing anymore, implying that we have closed minds here on PP.

Weak sauce, IMO.

I would have liked to have seen a total house-cleaning, but this is what we have. It's enough that I will probably go ahead and renew my Sunday Ticket app, and go see them when they play the Rams this year. Don't know if I'd have done either if they kept the status quo.

Now, I'm cautiously optimistic.

Prove me wrong on you, Pagano.

So, you tell me I'm wrong but then say you're not interested in arguing anymore, implying that we have closed minds here on PP.

Weak sauce, IMO.

That's not what I said. I stated specifically what I was arguing for because there appeared to be some confusion.

That's not what I said. I stated specifically what I was arguing for because there appeared to be some confusion.

I've read every post by you in this thread - I can't find one where you state why the Colts' GM position is attractive.

that is how I see it.

I also wonder how much Irsay is in charge and how much his daughter is but they keep him as a figure head in a male dominated profession.

Colts with Grigson was awesome because he would not build a team, I wonder how this new guy will do.

While not a Pagano fan, keeping him in Indy is fine with this pats fan.

Or maybe they make a push for McDaniel after the SB and have kept it quiet so far. Bigger surprises have happened and I think Irsay and Indy is much more attractive that SF and the yearly turnover history and unproven GM.

on a side note, Heath Evans gave Lynch the endorsement based on him being a safety and having to cover all the skilled positions and at times engaged the O-Line if he rushes in addition to playing behind all the defensive players - seeing it all. That has to be the biggest crock of poo.

Ballard on Colts' coach: "There's no other options. It’s Chuck Pagano."

Not a ringing endorsement.

LOL. No kidding. What a horrific situation.

I am not sure the KC GM is all that great anyways. Reid gets a ton out of that roster but anything is better than Grigson. But a GM is ultimately handcuffed when he does not have the guy he wants at HC.

I've read every post by you in this thread - I can't find one where you state why the Colts' GM position is attractive.

If I had to guess it is because of the top pick QB with the bum throwing shoulder who is a turnover machine. I mean what else is there?

LOL. No kidding. What a horrific situation.

I am not sure the KC GM is all that great anyways. Reid gets a ton out of that roster but anything is better than Grigson. But a GM is ultimately handcuffed when he does not have the guy he wants at HC.
it does read bad but inflection could change the way it was intended

maybe in his opinion there is no other option, that Ballard like most people, feel that Grigson was an incompetent fool and no one could win with the collection of players and given the chance to have a professional shopper select the groceries, Ballard feels Pagano will be a successful coach.

In my opinion it is like ML Carr in Boston, he is taking one for the team while they rebuild and a new coach will be appointed as the team comes together.

Because I'm not trying to argue that. Not yet anyway. No reason to jump to that if I can't even convince you that the prevailing opinion here (dumpster fire with zero upside) is incorrect.

it does read bad but inflection could change the way it was intended

maybe in his opinion there is no other option, that Ballard like most people, feel that Grigson was an incompetent fool and no one could win with the collection of players and given the chance to have a professional shopper select the groceries, Ballard feels Pagano will be a successful coach.

In my opinion it is like ML Carr in Boston, he is taking one for the team while they rebuild and a new coach will be appointed as the team comes together.

Sure. That is most likely the case. But Pagano has to be one of the worst X and O HCs in the league IMO. I watched a lot of Colts games since he has been there and his team is often ill-prepared to play especially against top teams and the game plans and play calling are often head scratching. I am not saying he has not been handcuffed by Grigson but I am not sure that means he is a coach to get the Colts over the hump either. Time will tell ...

Back