Harrison37 Iraq deployment support thread

Wow, thanks Baron. That means a lot- believe me.

The last couple of weeks have been tough- I won't lie. We've lost 5 of our guys in the past two weeks, including 4 who died on Easter Sunday, pushing the death toll over 4,000. We got a lot of unwanted media attention over that one, but I tell you- there is one ABC News producer who will always have my undying respect for alerting me to a bit of news the network was going to release on the deaths before the families had been properly notified. He and I put our heads together to put a stop to what would have caused needless suffering for the families back home and for that, I will always be grateful.

Say what you will about the mainstream media, but there are some great people who are working for some of the networks. I'd like to think that their being here and getting to know our great Soldiers (and all men and women in uniform serving) has rubbed off on them and given a new perspective/respect for what we do.

Thanks again for the kind words

So glad you'll be home soon. Stay safe until you get here!

Today is my last Sunday in Iraq!

:thumb:

:party::thumb:woohoo

Awesome! Like Baron, I haven't posted in this thread a whole lot, but I do read it and am impressed with your writings!

I support our military whole-heartedly, and work on a military base, so it's been cool to come here and read true stories and thoughts from someone actually serving over there.

I'm so glad you'll be home soon, and I pray for your safe return.

And thank you, sir, for your service and sacrifice.

Spread the word to your comrades that many at home feel the same way I do!

OK- I lied.

An admin snafu is going to keep us here for a few more days, but given that we've been in country for 421 days, what's a few more?

I'm done with the job and now just marking time until I get on the plane to fly home.

Thanks for all the well wishes and support. I'll post a note when I'm back in Kansas, but I appreciate all the kindness that has been showed me here.

Now, hopefully the Bruins can claw their way back and advance so I can see the second round of the playoffs. I know they won last night, so that's good news!

Safe trip home Harrison--finally!

OK- I lied.

An admin snafu is going to keep us here for a few more days, but given that we've been in country for 421 days, what's a few more?

I'm done with the job and now just marking time until I get on the plane to fly home.

Thanks for all the well wishes and support. I'll post a note when I'm back in Kansas, but I appreciate all the kindness that has been showed me here.

Now, hopefully the Bruins can claw their way back and advance so I can see the second round of the playoffs. I know they won last night, so that's good news!
Admin pukes, blegh! :thwak:

Hopefully soon! I thought of another author you may want to check out (he has written 2 novels so far)

http://www.amazon.com/Dante-Club-No...d_bbs_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1208218038&sr=8-2

While at Amazon.com, pick up a copy of "Moment of Truth in Iraq" by Michael Yon.

Well worth the time and effort- probably the most important book on the Iraq War to hit the shelves.

(Plus as a bonus, people have told me that I, along with the rest of the 4/1 ID Public Affairs "Ghostwriters" even appear briefly in it :) )

While at Amazon.com, pick up a copy of "Moment of Truth in Iraq" by Michael Yon.

Well worth the time and effort- probably the most important book on the Iraq War to hit the shelves.

(Plus as a bonus, people have told me that I, along with the rest of the 4/1 ID Public Affairs "Ghostwriters" even appear briefly in it :) )

Have a safe and happy trip home. Thanks to you and the other troopers for you service.
Here is a + rep to help you on your way.

I wish I were headed home.

Now, mother nature in the form of some baaad sandstorms are conspiring against us.

Not too much of a tragedy, though- we had the Purrfect Angelz enteraining us tonight at the DFAC. :thumb:

Amber gets the Dragon Brigade HHC contingent's vote as top gal for the show. Check her out at:

http://www.purrfectangelz.com/angel-amber-strauser.htm

These girls hearts' are in the right place and they said some very nice things to all of us in between their dance acts. Real cool that they are doing so many tours in support of the military, even if their act appeals mostly to just the male population.

Now, mother nature in the form of some baaad sandstorms are conspiring against us.

Not too much of a tragedy, though- we had the Purrfect Angelz enteraining us tonight at the DFAC. :thumb:

Amber gets the Dragon Brigade HHC contingent's vote as top gal for the show. Check her out at:

These girls hearts' are in the right place and they said some very nice things to all of us in between their dance acts. Real cool that they are doing so many tours in support of the military, even if their act appeals mostly to just the male population.

Got to get the all male revue over for the women soldiers :)

At least you got some entertainment while you're waiting, hope it's not much longer.

hope your delay is short

Back