Has Brady Lost His Mojo?

I know this guy isn't a member of Our Team anymore, or if it's bad manners to discuss players on other teams (except for Random Football News), but our long lost QB has been playing like dog shit for the Bucs. He said he'd retire when he couldn't cut it anymore, but has said he doesn't plan to retire after this season. So whaddya think? Should he bow out now before he craps all over his legend, or is this year simply growing pains of moving to a new team/new coaches/new teammates/new playbook, etc. and he'll be back to playing great again next year? Opinions, please.
:patslogo26:

Please return this thread to talking about Brady (and keeping it out of Patriots threads).

I50, I have temporarily removed you from this thread. What we've talked about in the political forum applies here as well. This thread got far too personal from all sides. Everyone needs to chill out.

This thread is for the discussion of our former qb, not for posters to attack other posters for their viewpoints.

Thank you.

Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Antonio Brown, Scotty Miller, Rob Gronkowski, Ronald Jones, Leonard Fournette... yeah, that's a stacked line up. You love to twist things to fit your rhetoric. Who cares if they didn't make the Pro Bowl? Clearly there wasn't enough ball to go around. Any of those receivers would be an improvement for many teams. At least three of those receivers could start for almost any team.

Mike Evans & Chris Godwin were the #8 and #2 WRs last year and Antonio Brown was the #2 WR his last full year. Add in Scotty Miller and all 4 would start for the Pats with no practice time whatsoever. Gronk is back to being Gronk. Yeah, TB12 has the best arsenal he's ever had without question.

Mike Evans has been with the Bucs for 7 years. Godwin has been there for 4 years. As talented as they are, no playoffs for either until Brady showed up. Also no one knew who Scotty Miller was until Brady showed up. Gronk and AB are there because of Brady.

100% true, but not sure the AB thing will turn out positive. he's a time bomb.
He's been there half the season now. Came in week 9. He has been a great teammate. Coaches have raved about his work ethic and committment. He has started to come on the last few games with big catches and TDs. He has been a very good addition to the overall offense.

A case can be made that Brady has been a better GM this year than Bill.

Mike Evans & Chris Godwin were the #8 and #2 WRs last year and Antonio Brown was the #2 WR his last full year. Add in Scotty Miller and all 4 would start for the Pats with no practice time whatsoever. Gronk is back to being Gronk. Yeah, TB12 has the best arsenal he's ever had without question.
And Brate and the other TE that must be on IR...

He's been there half the season now. Came in week 9. He has been a great teammate. Coaches have raved about his work ethic and committment. He has started to come on the last few games with big catches and TDs. He has been a very good addition to the overall offense.

The Tampa GM deserves a lot of credit . Brady was the only expensive signing . Gronk , AB & Fournette were all cheap deals . I think that was a big reason. Why Brady choose TB. They had great passing game last year. Winston was just a turnover machine

Why not Jameis? He only had a few more turnovers than Dak last year and Jameis made top WRs out of Mike Evans, 8th, and Chris Godwin, 2nd, last year. Per PFF, with TB12 those 2 are only 47th and 28th respectively this year. Just sayin'... ;)
Mike Evans has been with the Bucs for 7 years. Godwin has been there for 4 years. As talented as they are, no playoffs for either until Brady showed up. Also no one knew who Scotty Miller was until Brady showed up. Gronk and AB are there because of Brady.

SMFH. Ok, I'll play even though my comment was about Evans and Godwin being made into top 10 WRs by Winston as a reason the Pats should look at Winston for next year. Context is always important.

Evans and Godwin were great long before Brady got there. They were great with Winston. Look elsewhere for reasons the Bucs didn't make the playoffs. The truth is, they were ranked higher under Winston last year than under Brady this year. It's a fact. You can't credit Brady for everything that is going well with the Bucs this year. You have to admit his play in the first half of the year wasn't good.

Scotty Miller? He was a rookie last year out of Bowling Green and hardly played. Little wonder no one knew about him, huh? Nevertheless, in only 2 starts last year as a rookie WR with Winston at QB, Miller had half the # of receptions and half the yds he has all this year with Brady. BTW, fyi, no one knows who Scotty Miller is now either except for Bucs' fans.

Gronk and AB are there bc of Brady? You got that right.

The biggest knock on Winston. He’s makes stupid mistakes is a turnover machine .leading the NFL in yards & turnovers last year . One of the fastest ways to get yourself bench Is not taking care of ball .

Oh, boy, that was random.
What about the future?
The Bucs have around $30M in cap space for 2021 with only 30 players under contract. The FAs they could lose include LBs Shaquil Barrett, Lavonte David, DTs Suh, McLendon and CB Smith - that's 5 starters on defense. On offense they have Gronk, AB, Godwin, T Haeg, RBs Fournette and McCoy, and K Succop.
Godwin alone is looking at a $15-$17M/yr deal.

The biggest knock on Winston. He’s makes stupid mistakes is a turnover machine .leading the NFL in yards & turnovers last year . One of the fastest ways to get yourself bench Is not taking care of ball .

Arians' play calling style added to that. Hopefully a year under Sean Payton has helped him with those ints.

Yeah, that defense Brady put together is something else.

Why even bother? It's utter nonsense what's being written here. We now have Brady as a proxy GM. He'll be declared the quasi-Owner next.

Didn't you hear? Scotty Miller was some nobody and he had no chance, but thankfully savior St. Thomas Brady shone his light on him and look at him now. Brady has healing powers, I tell you.

The irony about this is that Mazz will agree with both of you. :coffee:

What about the future?
The Bucs have around $30M in cap space for 2021 with only 30 players under contract. The FAs they could lose include LBs Shaquil Barrett, Lavonte David, DTs Suh, McLendon and CB Smith - that's 5 starters on defense. On offense they have Gronk, AB, Godwin, T Haeg, RBs Fournette and McCoy, and K Succop.
I have written this before about Licht and the job he has done constructing this team before he even got Brady. The Bucs are in great position to compete not only with Brady for the next few seasons but beyond if they find a good QB to replace him when he eventually does retire.

While they did spend a chunk this year on Brady, all of the other players they acquired were cheap and did not cost them any draft capital other than Gronk (4). Their salary cap doesn’t have much dead money. They haven’t signed players to heavily backloaded contracts or restructured to delay cap hits. They have few players on their roster who are paid more than they’re worth. They don’t have an relatively old or aging roster. They have plenty of productive young players on rookie contracts. As you noted, they do have some FAs but only Godwin will cost significantly more than what he is worth now to retain him. They will lose some guys just like every team but more importantly, Licht has been pretty spectacular in the draft - getting Wirfs and Winfield this year. He will obviously need to continue to have hits to replace some of the other guys but I would imagine he extends Brady this year to space out his cap hit and also looks to bring Gronk back on a 2 year/$18 mil deal assuming Gronk still wants to play and not retire. I also think they make a run at James White whose stock has fallen given his terrible production this year due to Cam.

So all and all they are in great shape with their roster and cap but most importantly they have the GOAT to make everything work and get to the post-season for the foreseeable future.

The Tampa GM deserves a lot of credit . Brady was the only expensive signing . Gronk , AB & Fournette were all cheap deals . I think that was a big reason. Why Brady choose TB. They had great passing game last year. Winston was just a turnover machine
Yep. I just noted this in my post above. Licht most likely will be GM of the year because he landed Brady and Gronk. Winston was a bad QB all around, not just the turnovers. His decision making and inability to be any sort of game manager really sunk the team. It is hard to believe they were 7-9 given where they are now with 10 wins and possibly 11 which could have been more if Brady/Arians has an actual off-season together.

What about the future?

I have written this before about Licht and the job he has done constructing this team before he even got Brady. The Bucs are in great position to compete not only with Brady for the next few seasons but beyond if they find a good QB to replace him when he eventually does retire.

While they did spend a chunk this year on Brady, all of the other players they acquired were cheap and did not cost them any draft capital other than Gronk (4). Their salary cap doesn’t have much dead money. They haven’t signed players to heavily backloaded contracts or restructured to delay cap hits. They have few players on their roster who are paid more than they’re worth. They don’t have an relatively old or aging roster. They have plenty of productive young players on rookie contracts. As you noted, they do have some FAs but only Godwin will cost significantly more than what he is worth now to retain him. They will lose some guys just like every team but more importantly, Licht has been pretty spectacular in the draft - getting Wirfs and Winfield this year. He will obviously need to continue to have hits to replace some of the other guys but I would imagine he extends Brady this year to space out his cap hit and also looks to bring Gronk back on a 2 year/$18 mil deal assuming Gronk still wants to play and not retire. I also think they make a run at James White whose stock has fallen given his terrible production this year due to Cam.

So all and all they are in great shape with their roster and cap but most importantly they have the GOAT to make everything work and get to the post-season for the foreseeable future.

Did you not read what I posted?
They have $30M in cap with only 30 players under contract for 2021.
They have 5 defensive starters who will be FAs and 6 offensive starters who are FAs plus Succop. There's only $30M to spend to re-sign half their starters.
That picture isn't as rosy as you posted.

Back