Have we discussed the Who?

Runaway, circa 1980 maybe. Saw them opening for Billy Squier(he'd be a good one too. Up there grossing everyon out singing "Stroke Me"ROFL) and again opening for Scorpions.

That was their first hit IIRC. I'm a fan of the barroom classics (Living On a Prayer, You Give Love a Bad Name). Is Stroke Me the name of the song in Billy Madison when he pulls up to High School in the Trans-Am. That song's kind of badass. :coffee:

Reading anything bad about Tony Bennett hurts my eyes. I heart him so very much. :sulk:

Maybe they should. They would be better shows.:harumph:

And Jovi was 20 years ago not 30 sucka.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bon_Jovi

Bon Jovi is an American rock band from Sayreville, New Jersey. Formed in 1983, Bon Jovi consists of lead singer and namesake Jon Bon Jovi, guitarist Richie Sambora, keyboardist David Bryan, drummer Tico Torres, former bassist Alec John Such, as well as current bassist Hugh McDonald.[6] The band's line-up has remained mostly static during their 26-year history, the only exception being the departure of Alec John Such in 1994, who was unofficially replaced by Hugh McDonald. The band have become known for writing several rock anthems, and achieved widespread recognition with their third album Slippery When Wet, released in 1986.

And they were put on the map with their first release "Runaway".:thumb:

ROFL Heheee.:) That is ALSO so HARD for me to see a once foxy man like Roger looking like he did.

I thought he looked good for his age....as in his body looked like it was in good shape. Townsend, on the other hand didn't. You could even see his flabby belly when the slit in his shirt opened. He probably didn't have any strength left to smash his guitar.

That was their first hit IIRC. I'm a fan of the barroom classics (Living On a Prayer, You Give Love a Bad Name). Is Stroke Me the name of the song in Billy Madison when he pulls up to High School in the Trans-Am. That song's kind of badass. :coffee:

I forget.

And it was a bad ass song.

But seeing some older cat sing it(he had to be 30+ when I saw him almost 30 years ago) would just be kinda creepy.

I thought he looked good for his age....as in his body looked like it was in good shape. Townsend, on the other hand didn't. You could even see his flabby belly when the slit in his shirt opened. He probably didn't have any strength left to smash his guitar.

ROFL prolly not.

Roger looked healthy for his age not "good". I was happy to see that because he went through a LOT of health issues in his younger days.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bon_Jovi

Bon Jovi is an American rock band from Sayreville, New Jersey. Formed in 1983, Bon Jovi consists of lead singer and namesake Jon Bon Jovi, guitarist Richie Sambora, keyboardist David Bryan, drummer Tico Torres, former bassist Alec John Such, as well as current bassist Hugh McDonald.[6] The band's line-up has remained mostly static during their 26-year history, the only exception being the departure of Alec John Such in 1994, who was unofficially replaced by Hugh McDonald. The band have become known for writing several rock anthems, and achieved widespread recognition with their third album Slippery When Wet, released in 1986.

And they were put on the map with their first release "Runaway".:thumb:

They hit it big in 86 with Slippery When Wet. That is not 30 years ago. Your math skills fail.:harumph:

back on topic of the Who

did anyone else notice no young children along the stage as in previous years?

the reason is that a registered sex offender was on the stage.

It is amazing that Goodell was smart enogh to keep the prey from the predator.

back on topic of the Who

I wondered why no people were around the stage AT ALL but was glad of it. Half time shows are far too long to begin with.

They hit it big in 86 with Slippery When Wet. That is not 30 years ago. Your math skills fail.:harumph:

I'll disagree.

They "hit it big" with Runaway, off the first album, getting them opening acts for monster bands like Scorpions. 1983. Closer to 30 years ago.

They blew into the stratosphere with "Slippery When Wet". 1986. 3rd album.

back on topic of the Who

Is this a joke or real? Who's the offender?

Things I have learned from this thread...

*Majority of the posters here agree that the halftime show was a snoozefest.

*TG is a huge BJ fan.

Pete Townsend. Where the Hell have you been? :huh:
constructing a six-story shrine to Peyton Mannig in my backyard takes most of my attention. Plus I'm working on that pit in the basement where I plan to keep him before I make a jacket of his skin. It keeps me pretty busy.

constructing a six-story shrine to Peyton Mannig in my backyard takes most of my attention. Plus I'm working on that pit in the basement where I plan to keep him before I make a jacket of his skin. It keeps me pretty busy.

At least 3 stories of that shrine are his forehead.

It was awful and yet still not as bad as Bruce Springsteen. I would tie it with the awfulness that was Paul McCartney.

You didn't like the slide that led to a crotch in the face with Bruce? LOLOL

Halftime Superbowl XLV (ROFL Superbowl 55 will be teh LVents)

Metallica
THAT
Would be a halftime show

wuv Now THAT would be one hell of a halftime show but they have so many good songs how would they even choose :)

As for the Who I enjoyed the laser show, everything else ehhhh not so much.

I thought the Who was pretty good or not bad for ancient rock dinosaurs like Roger's team likes so much. Great stage and lasers as TBL noted.

Who was the drummer? Was that Keith Moon's kid?

Back