HBO's "Game of Thrones"

Berric and Thoros are dead. Gendry and Jorah are on the bubble. Sandor and Tormund are unlikely but possible. Jon is Jesus.
I wonder if Berric having already died and come back to life about 6 times already can even become an wight. He's (and Jon) basically a Fire wight (GRRMs words, not mine). There is a certain irony in a priest of R'hllor becoming a ice wight though.

Of the seven I agree, Berric and Thoros, are most likely (if any) to get killed. Gendry I think has more to do; Jorah, I've recently read a theory which changed my opinon to 50/50, but in either case his story isn't done either.

The rest of them I would say better than 95% they all get back.

SSDD

Of the seven main characters going through the wall, I think most of them have enough plot armor to make it back. Now there always can be a twist that breaks previous theorys, but I think they all have parts to play in the end game.

The rest of the Wildlings coming along? Probably wight bait.

SSDD

I didn't notice, were they wearing red shirts?

Of the seven I agree, Berric and Thoros, are most likely (if any) to get killed. Gendry I think has more to do; Jorah, I've recently read a theory which changed my opinon to 50/50, but in either case his story isn't done either.

The rest of them I would say better than 95% they all get back.

SSDD
IDK, Gendry and Jorah feel like they were brought back just so they could tug at our heart strings by killing off characters that we are fond of but that ultimately are really not that relevant to the story. The Hound I'd say is pretty safe because his story arc would feel pointless if it ended here and because I want my damn Clegane Bowl damn it. I'm feeling the most worried about Tormund. This show needs more Tormund. Especially Tormund drooling at Briene!
Never seen the Magnificent 7 or it's original inspiration (Kurosawas 7 Samurai I believe). How many of the 7 die? I wouldn't put it past D&D to play homage to them.

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

I didn't notice, were they wearing red shirts?
IDK. Were they going to a wedding?

It looked like they went beyond the wall with just regular swords, didn't they just mine a bunch of dragon glass?

Enjoy this season but it's a bit funny how rushed everything feels. You used to have characters take an entire season to complete a journey and right now we are springing forward from event to event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never seen the Magnificent 7 or it's original inspiration (Kurosawas 7 Samurai I believe). How many of the 7 die? I wouldn't put it past D&D to play homage to them.

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

IDK. Were they going to a wedding?

IIRC, 4 die in TM7.

Regarding the red shirt it was a Star Trek TOS reference.

I know. That's why I said as far as the show is concerned. The show has constantly been giving hints to Jons heritage. Not so of Tyrion. I seriously doubt they are going with the Tyrion is a secret Targaryan thing.

I'm keeping the doors open because there are three dragons.

The Dragons were awesome in the last 2 episodes, very well done. I guess Jon Snow is related to Blondie because the dragon actually went to Jon so he could pet him. She sure did get wide eyed seeing that...

It is an abomination that we get this far into a season of GoT and no main characters have checked out.

Special effects have been fantastic, but I'm going to say it. The script writing has sucked balls. Not even one time this season have I had a WTF? moment.

Lots of shows have great special effects. What made GoT special and unique, though, seems to be gone. It's jumped the shark.

It is an abomination that we get this far into a season of GoT and no main characters have checked out.

Just a personal theory. Dont everyone panic. I havent read the books, and i dont scour the internet for theories. This is just what came out of my tiny little brain. Its almost assuredly all wrong. But its fun to speculate....

Maybe they are saving up to kill off a MAJOR character. Now that Jon Snow's lineage is all but confirmed, as a legitimate direct male descendant of the last Targaryan king, he actually has a stronger claim to the throne than Danyeras. In my eyes, that kind of makes Dany expendable, in a telling the story of who ended up sitting on the Iron Throne kind of way. I mean after all she has been through, would she just stand aside and let Jon take the throne? I dont think so. Power is already starting to affect her (see Randall and Dickon Tarley), maybe even to corrupt her.

Season finale: The group on the other side of the wall captures a white walker, and the bring it to Kings Landing to prove to Cercei that the threat is real. Cercei being batshiat crazy doesnt care and sets up an ambush, where Dany gets killed. The Hound covers the rest of the parties escape by battling the Mountain, but it leaves the rebellion is utter chaos. Two armies who followed Dany across the Narrow Sea suddenly leaderless, 3 dragons now with no mother, and an entire rebellion with no one with an actual claim to the throne*.

Cercei of course would think she had won and would go freeking crazyballs with the revenge killings and settling of scores. The Iron Bank would throw in with her, because you know.....winning. She hires all the mercenaries and starts to push back the Dothraki and the Unsullied. The Greyjoy fleet cuts off their retreat back across the Narrow Sea. Things are looking pretty bad for the rebellion. And then the white walker hoard breaches the wall....

And then we sit around for 18 months waiting for the final season.

(*until Sam figures it out next season)

Just a personal theory. Dont everyone panic. I havent read the books, and i dont scour the internet for theories. This is just what came out of my tiny little brain. Its almost assuredly all wrong. But its fun to speculate....

Maybe they are saving up to kill off a MAJOR character. Now that Jon Snow's lineage is all but confirmed, as a legitimate direct male descendant of the last Targaryan king, he actually has a stronger claim to the throne than Danyeras. In my eyes, that kind of makes Dany expendable, in a telling the story of who ended up sitting on the Iron Throne kind of way. I mean after all she has been through, would she just stand aside and let Jon take the throne? I dont think so. Power is already starting to affect her (see Randall and Dickon Tarley), maybe even to corrupt her.

Season finale: The group on the other side of the wall captures a white walker, and the bring it to Kings Landing to prove to Cercei that the threat is real. Cercei being batshiat crazy doesnt care and sets up an ambush, where Dany gets killed. The Hound covers the rest of the parties escape by battling the Mountain, but it leaves the rebellion is utter chaos. Two armies who followed Dany across the Narrow Sea suddenly leaderless, 3 dragons now with no mother, and an entire rebellion with no one with an actual claim to the throne*.

Cercei of course would think she had won and would go freeking crazyballs with the revenge killings and settling of scores. The Iron Bank would throw in with her, because you know.....winning. She hires all the mercenaries and starts to push back the Dothraki and the Unsullied. The Greyjoy fleet cuts off their retreat back across the Narrow Sea. Things are looking pretty bad for the rebellion. And then the white walker hoard breaches the wall....

And then we sit around for 18 months waiting for the final season.

(*until Sam figures it out next season)

That would be pretty crazy. One theory that popped into my head during the last episode is that maybe Tyrion ends up killing Dany. You can tell by the looks that he has been giving that he really doesn't approve of some of the stuff that she's doing. Maybe he's seeing a bit too much of her old man in her and decides that he's going to put an end to it.

Seems to me that if Dany died in some ambush, the dragons would go bat sh*t crazy and pretty much destroy King's Landing, no?

While we are on the topic of speculative theories, how about this...Arya kills Littlefinger, and uses his identity to get to Cersei to kill her, but the Mountain can see through her disguise.

Then, the Mountain proceeds to attack Arya, and Arya kills him with her magic dagger.

Even if she's pregnant with his kid?
I think she'll miss-carry anyway. In season 5 Maggie the Frog said that she will have 3 kids.
She did not say anything about the Valonqar part of the prophecy though so who ends up killing her in the show is not bound by it. But I think thematically they will shoe horn it to fit it in some way. It doesn't matter if its Tyrion, Jamie, Euron, the Kettleblacks or Moonboy for all I know. They will make it so that you can say "yeah I guess that fits!".

Seems to me that if Dany died in some ambush, the dragons would go bat sh*t crazy and pretty much destroy King's Landing, no?

While we are on the topic of speculative theories, how about this...Arya kills Littlefinger, and uses his identity to get to Cersei to kill her, but the Mountain can see through her disguise.

Then, the Mountain proceeds to attack Arya, and Arya kills him with her magic dagger.

The dagger is not magical in any way other than being a Valyrian Steel dagger. It kills the Ice Zombies but I don't think it has any special effects of regular man made zombies.

I think she'll miss-carry anyway. In season 5 Maggie the Frog said that she will have 3 kids.
She did not say anything about the Valonqar part of the prophecy though so who ends up killing her in the show is not bound by it. But I think thematically they will shoe horn it to fit it in some way. It doesn't matter if its Tyrion, Jamie, Euron, the Kettleblacks or Moonboy for all I know. They will make it so that you can say "yeah I guess that fits!".

You know...that could be one of those "life for a life" things, like Dany made to bring back Drogo. Maybe Cersei owes a life for bringing back The Mountain.

If i was Cercei, even if i wasnt planning on ambushing Dany, one of my conditions to letting her set one foot in Kings Landing would be no dragons. So the dragons are left behind, maybe far enough away to not be an immediate threat, but close enough to swoop in if the meeting goes sideways. Then the ambush happens, and at somepoint the dragons see the party with a mortally wounded Dany making a break for it, and so the dragons swoop in, but SUPRISE, Kings Landing has a new Surface to Dragon Crossbow system in place, and the dragons are now dodging dozens of giant crossbow bolts. Maybe one dragon takes a hit, and goes down. The other two land to evacuate the party, but seeing Dany mortally wounded they go crazy, but with her dying breath she orders the remaining two dragons to evacuate her friends....

Back