Home v Miami pregame

The Dolphins always play us with a swagger in their step the last few years. They are a confident bunch. We need to take away Hill and Waddle and see how good they are. I expect a game in the 20s by both teams. should be agood one.

The Dolphins always play us with a swagger in their step the last few years. They are a confident bunch. We need to take away Hill and Waddle and see how good they are. I expect a game in the 20s by both teams. should be agood one.
They only gave up like 130 yards in 2 games to Hill last year. They've always done a nice job against him, with weaker defenses. In fact if I remember right, other than one blown coverage (by McCourty) on Waddle was the only big play they really gave up in 2 games.

I am excited for this game. I think it will give us a better judge of how far we have come. I wish the Oline was not so injured but hopefully we piece it together. If our D can slow down this O then it is another step IMO of being one of the elite defenses in the league ...

Over 6 games, Hill has been targeted 16 times for 7 catches for 88 yards when Jon Jones is in coverage. When targeting Hill covered by Jones, opposing QBs have a QBR of 35.4.

I'm baffled as to why my Twitter links are posting as links now instead of posting directly like they had been...

Last edited:

Over 6 games, Hill has been targeted 16 times for 7 catches for 88 yards when Jon Jones is in coverage. When targeting Hill covered by Jones, opposing QBs have a QBR of 35.4.
And of course, Jon Jones was added to the injury report today, with an ankle. Because of course he was.

On the defensive side of the ball, I think this is a big game for:
Mills at safety
Marcus Jones at both safety and star
Peppers & potentially Mapu (if the staff thinks he's ready) at LB.

There's a big difference in how quickly the passing lanes close with Peppers/Mapu than with Bentley/Tavai/Jennings patrolling the short zones.

The pass rush needs to be consistent, but it's not about huge sack numbers. It's about making sure that Tua either throws to his first or second read or is flushed and has to make the read and play on the run.

On the defensive side of the ball, I think this is a big game for:
Mills at safety
Marcus Jones at both safety and star
Peppers & potentially Mapu (if the staff thinks he's ready) at LB.

There's a big difference in how quickly the passing lanes close with Peppers/Mapu than with Bentley/Tavai/Jennings patrolling the short zones.

The pass rush needs to be consistent, but it's not about huge sack numbers. It's about making sure that Tua either throws to his first or second read or is flushed and has to make the read and play on the run.

True.
Always flush him to his right. He's not as good throwing while running to his right since he's left handed.
Whether LOT Terron Armstead is playing or not, Uche and White should be able to flush Tua to his right.

Last edited:
Always flush him to his right and make him throw off balance. (He's left handed).
Yup. Rush smart. Crush the right side of the line.
I was originally thinking this isn't a big Keion White game, but I don't think that's true. I would love to see a bear front with Judon outside, White and Barmore with their hands in the dirt on the left side of the defense, playing 5i and inside 3 techniques, respectively, as often as possible. Or maybe Uche in Judon's place, so we can lean on Judon's brain and instincts on the opposite side when Tua scrambles left.

Last edited:
True.
Always smash him to ground to his right. He's not as good throwing while knocked out on theground since he's left handed.
Whether LOT Terron Armstead is playing or not, Uche and White should be able to smash Tua to his right.

FYP, :coffee:

If he starts badly, no Miami fans will be needed for Mac to be roundly booed, unfortunately. Patriots fans are seriously spoiled. It will take awhile to get back to anything approaching normal fan behavior.
All you have to do is listen to one of the two idiot sports radio stations in Boston. More than half the fans are seriously deranged.

Last edited:
Is J. Jones out in this game? If so, that is a huge blow for defending Tyreek.

Back