How long will Brady play?

Dominated

Reaction score
This is not a "Trade Brady" thread. That would be DUMB. He will finish his career here PERIOD. It did give me the idea to bring this up though.

How much longer do you all think he will play. I believe he will be 35 next year. I certainly don't want to see him go all Favre on us.

What say you?

I think he will hang it up at the end of his contract in 2015.

He has said he will play until he's forty. I want all of that in a Patriots uni.

Till the fire burns out or his Body gives out. He loves the game and that is obvious. He just wants to win, dont think he cares about much else as far as Football is concerned.

You know the one thing that freaks me out about Brady playing till he is 40?

That that would mean he and BB could easily be retiring at the same time.

What a fustr cluck that would be.....

You know the one thing that freaks me out about Brady playing till he is 40?

That that would mean he and BB could easily be retiring at the same time.

What a fustr cluck that would be.....
Agreed!

I hope BB sticks around until he's 70 which is 10 more years. He said he wasn't one of those guys who will be coaching INTO his 70s.

And I think his youngest son Brian is interested in coaching (not sure about Stephen) so perhaps we will have a new one in the pipeline. :)

I think TB loves the game to the point that she isn't going to be able to tell him to stop playing. He seems to let her have her way on stuff that doesn't matter much to him like those stupid dogs in the wedding but like most people I think he has a line...and his profession is over that line.

Agreed!

I hope BB sticks around until he's 70 which is 10 more years. He said he wasn't one of those guys who will be coaching INTO his 70s.

And I think his youngest son Brian is interested in coaching (not sure about Stephen) so perhaps we will have a new one in the pipeline. :)

I think TB loves the game to the point that she isn't going to be able to tell him to stop playing. He seems to let her have her way on stuff that doesn't matter much to him like those stupid dogs in the wedding but like most people I think he has a line...and his profession is over that line.

You know I don't know....after reading that story of Brady after the game, I wonder if it might not be long.....sometimes you give your entire self to the game, you play through the injuries, you suck it up, you do everything right and people still question your heart, then they question you and what you can do without even knowing all the circumstances....sometimes when you look around and everyone is pointing the finger back at you as being the problem when you give your entire life to something to win, to give success to the team and then you hear things like....you cannot get it done anymore, you failed again, you are not what you used to be, you are weak, you are scared, you are hollywood, etc etc etc, sometimes it becomes not worth it anymore. I know Brady is competitive and I know he loves playing football, but I think he will have second thoughts about playing as long as he thought he would, at some point you stop receiving back as much as you are giving and it leaves you empty.

You know I don't know....after reading that story of Brady after the game, I wonder if it might not be long.....sometimes you give your entire self to the game, you play through the injuries, you suck it up, you do everything right and people still question your heart, then they question you and what you can do without even knowing all the circumstances....sometimes when you look around and everyone is pointing the finger back at you as being the problem when you give your entire life to something to win, to give success to the team and then you hear things like....you cannot get it done anymore, you failed again, you are not what you used to be, you are weak, you are scared, you are hollywood, etc etc etc, sometimes it becomes not worth it anymore. I know Brady is competitive and I know he loves playing football, but I think he will have second thoughts about playing as long as he thought he would, at some point you stop receiving back as much as you are giving and it leaves you empty.

I agree with you Middy.

Which is another reason why I see him hanging it up at the end of this contract.

Other then his knee injury, he is still healthy and pretty dang good player. He has no reason to retire just yet. If he had injury problems, I wouldn't say that long. I would say when his contract expires unless the Pats win the SB before it is up. I could see him retiring after winning.

Until Gisele says that she wants him to be a stay at home MR. Mom:shrug:

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/solr1W5idNY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

End of the contract hopefully, and by then we'll hopefully have Mallett (providing he stays) ready to take over the reigns. I wonder if he'll take a job in coaching after that, as it's clear that his passion is Football, and I think he'll try to continue to be involved in the game.

If he does go into coaching how likely is it that he will become a coach with the Pats, would probably see him becoming QB coach.

Back