How massive would a Patriots/Cowboys SB have been?

MontanaBrady

Reaction score
Realistically, how big do you think a Patriots vs Cowboys Super Bowl would have been? So far the most watched Super Bowl ever and most watched television event in US history was SB49 with a viewership of 115.2 million.

The Pats and the Girls are two of the most hated teams in the NFL, but also two of the most popular. Just look at what's happened since Dallas got knocked out. Ticket prices immediately fell. But had these two come together at the big game it would have essentially been the ultimate Clash of Mega Powers (80s wrestling reference). Not to mention both teams were #1.

But realistically, assuming this SB had happened, how huge would it have actually been? I'd bet it almost certainly would have broken the all time record. But by how much? I'd venture a bold guess of +20 million for a grand total viewership of 135.2 million.

What's your thoughts on the ultimate "numbers" SB?

dallas.jpg

That was the Super Bowl I really wanted. It would have been the biggest in NFL history IMO. But the cowgirls pooped the bed as usual denying the NFL world that spectacle.

I think Brady vs. Rogers would have been bigger but why isn't this a poll question?

Because Rodgers pooped the bed.

If we got GB, Brady would have put up 100 points so it would have been a snoozer by halftime.

The #1 scoring offense vs the #1 scoring defense is pretty big.
The reigning MVP vs the GOAT is pretty big.
Quinn has done wonders for Atlanta and vs Belichick is pretty big.
The O/U a record high and that's pretty big. The Pats should be able to score 30 but the Pats should be able to hold the Falcons below 28.

An East Coast SB could make West Coast fans feel left out but there are enough story lines to make this a great SB free of controversy (so far).

The #1 scoring offense vs the #1 scoring defense is pretty big.
The reigning MVP vs the GOAT is pretty big.
Quinn has done wonders for Atlanta and vs Belichick is pretty big.
The O/U a record high and that's pretty big. The Pats should be able to score 30 but the Pats should be able to hold the Falcons below 28.

An East Coast SB could make West Coast fans feel left out but there are enough story lines to make this a great SB free of controversy (so far).

This Super Bowl is lacking story lines for sure. The biggest one is Brady and Bill going for 5. There is no history between these teams. There is no hatred. Heck, Matty played for BC.

Would have been much better if it was Dallas, GB or Seattle for the headlines.

I have no idea why anyone from the west coast would watch other than to see TFB and BFB brilliance on the big stage once again.

Lacking story lines? Good.

It's about time the SB was about football.

I am having trouble finding anything to hate about the Falcons.

Just wait until the Atlanta sportswriters start up with the "Cheaters" stuff or the "everyone is in the country is rooting for the Falcons outside of NE"

2 weeks is along time to wait for a game and the media - especially one from a town not usually in there - will fill their daily story quota with the usual tired cliche's

Just wait until the Atlanta sportswriters start up with the "Cheaters" stuff or the "everyone is in the country is rooting for the Falcons outside of NE"

2 weeks is along time to wait for a game and the media - especially one from a town not usually in there - will fill their daily story quota with the usual tired cliche's

The cheaters stuff would be from any media. And the lead-up to SB LI v Falcons, can't possibly be as bad as two weeks of Aaron Rodgers oral servicing or Dak/Ezekiel ball-washing. I know both would have been big deals, but **** them. I'll take a football game vs. an excellent Atlanta anyday.

Cheers, BostonTim

I can't wait to hear about how the patriots haven't played anyone. And about how they have had a cakewalk into the SuperBowl. it will be a repeat of Steelers week.

My favorite last week was about how 'on paper' the Steelers have more talent than the patriots. It was the mostly the current players turned media who were saying it. It just goes to show how much people don't get what the Pats are about.

I'm sure we will hear about how the Patriots will not be able to compete with the physical talent of the Falcons. They will forget that that is the same thing that has been said over the years by the Rams, Steelers, Chargers, Colts, Ravens, Seahawks. They just continue to miss the point.

By the way, how about the debate about Aaron Rogers being the best QB in the history of football. Are we continuing that discussion this week?

Pats/Cowturds had a 44-10 feel to it. The league would have loved the idea up until about halftime with the Pats up 28-3 and viewers turning off in droves.

Pats/Cowturds had a 44-10 feel to it. The league would have loved the idea up until about halftime with the Pats up 28-3 and viewers turning off in droves.

I think Dallas would have given us a better game than Atlanta will. Prescott even as a rookie has that "IT" factor more than Ryan IMO and Dallas' D is better than Atlanta. Dallas was the best team in the NFC wire to wire. It is just too bad they played a terrible first quarter vs GB and were really never able to recover.

Back