How much is D. Thomas worth?

yackittysacks

Reaction score
I'm sitting her wondering how the heck the Broncos can keep the majority , if not all of their defense and the answer is pretty simple. THEY CAN'T. And that sucks. Thoughts that have come to mind is, Manning not coming back. Cutting Ryan Clady, then I started to think what about trading D Thomas? The Broncos signed him to a big contract, maybe we could save some cap space if we got rid of him and a pick or 2 as well. I would bet we could get a 1st and 3rd maybe? What do you think? Would the Pats make a big trade for him?

I don't know but I think he proved that he's not worth nearly as much as the Broncos paid for him.

BB would never trade for DThomas with his current contract...although McD would love getting him again.

Depending on how it is written, the bigger the contract, the less it is worth on the open market. The Patriots, as a team, rarely (Adalius Thomas) if ever pay big for FAs or trade for players that have big contracts.

So, in answer to your question, no, I do not believe the Patriots would trade for him.

I get what ya'll are saying, and I really don't think DT will be going to New England, but I'd bet that some team would offer a 1st and 3rd. Right?

From what I've seen of DT in the last couple of years, he is way overpaid. Thankfully we don't have to worry about him coming to NE.

I get what ya'll are saying, and I really don't think DT will be going to New England, but I'd bet that some team would offer a 1st and 3rd. Right?

The Denver Broncos can't trade or cut Demaryius Thomas. It would mean a $30 mil cap hit for 2016! Impossible the Broncos would absorb that. I am not a cap guru to be sure I am sure "post June 1" the number is different. As it stands now, impossible.

I'm sitting her wondering how the heck the Broncos can keep the majority , if not all of their defense and the answer is pretty simple. THEY CAN'T. And that sucks. Thoughts that have come to mind is, Manning not coming back. Cutting Ryan Clady, then I started to think what about trading D Thomas? The Broncos signed him to a big contract, maybe we could save some cap space if we got rid of him and a pick or 2 as well. I would bet we could get a 1st and 3rd maybe? What do you think? Would the Pats make a big trade for him?

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Elway knows how to cheat the salary cap.

:coffee:

Also, DT is soft. Danny Trevathan, on the other hand, I'd sign him in a heartbeat.

d thomas goes nowhere, his prorated bonus of 30 mill would hit the cap, so for denver to keep him is a no brainer, bonus money does not move with the trade...

Thomas is not going anywhere. You will most likely lose Talib.

Thomas is not going anywhere. You will most likely lose Talib.

This is OK. Not a huge loss, but his attitude is big. Almost too big. Those of you explaining that his 30mil is dead cap space I guess makes sense. I'm not a numbers guy, so I will take all your word about it.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Elway knows how to cheat the salary cap.

:coffee:

Also, DT is soft. Danny Trevathan, on the other hand, I'd sign him in a heartbeat.

What Elway knows is how to win. Every thing he touches, turns out to win. Besides, didn't we all agree not to talk about the cheating thing? On both sides?

DT is not soft. Not until this last season anyway. I'm not sure what happened. Up till this season the dude has been awesome. And Danny T is a beast.

What Elway knows is how to win. Every thing he touches, turns out to win. Besides, didn't we all agree not to talk about the cheating thing? On both sides?

DT is not soft. Not until this last season anyway. I'm not sure what happened. Up till this season the dude has been awesome. And Danny T is a beast.

I didn't know there was a rule about talking about cheating.

The offense pretty much sucked this year, and DT was absolutely soft. Elway overpaid for him and should have kept Decker. But whatever. Now the Genius has to figure out a way to keep Miller and Trevathan and pay Osweiler, if he wants to stay, and others. Good luck with that.

I don't know but I think he proved that he's not worth nearly as much as the Broncos paid for him.

From what I've seen of DT in the last couple of years, he is way overpaid. Thankfully we don't have to worry about him coming to NE.

These.....

I didn't think he looked good at all the few times I watched Denver.

I didn't know there was a rule about talking about cheating.

The offense pretty much sucked this year, and DT was absolutely soft. Elway overpaid for him and should have kept Decker. But whatever. Now the Genius has to figure out a way to keep Miller and Trevathan and pay Osweiler, if he wants to stay, and others. Good luck with that.

There should be. LOL I no longer bring up the cheating the Pats did, as I would think that the cheating the Donks did back in the 90's should be laid to rest.

Anyway, I totally agree that DT was soft this year. Can't figure out why, and I'm not sure that Elway overpaid, he was a top 3 WR in the league the last few years. Paid him his "value". But I do disagree about Decker. Eric didn't want to be in Denver, so no reason to keep him, and Sanders is far better than Decker ever was. The off season will be fun to watch. As long as we keep Miller, I'm happy. As for OZ, I'm not sure we need him. If we can keep the D mostly intact.

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

These.....

I didn't think he looked good at all the few times I watched Denver.

He was a complete beast until this season. No one better at the bubble screen. Big, strong, great hands. Just a goofy year to be sure. His numbers were there but couldn't make the big catches.

Back