How much is D. Thomas worth?

This is OK. Not a huge loss, but his attitude is big. Almost too big. Those of you explaining that his 30mil is dead cap space I guess makes sense. I'm not a numbers guy, so I will take all your word about it.

No need to take my word for it. I could be lying.

Feel free to just look it up.

There should be. LOL I no longer bring up the cheating the Pats did, as I would think that the cheating the Donks did back in the 90's should be laid to rest.

Anyway, I totally agree that DT was soft this year. Can't figure out why, and I'm not sure that Elway overpaid, he was a top 3 WR in the league the last few years. Paid him his "value". But I do disagree about Decker. Eric didn't want to be in Denver, so no reason to keep him, and Sanders is far better than Decker ever was. The off season will be fun to watch. As long as we keep Miller, I'm happy. As for OZ, I'm not sure we need him. If we can keep the D mostly intact.

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

He was a complete beast until this season. No one better at the bubble screen. Big, strong, great hands. Just a goofy year to be sure. His numbers were there but couldn't make the big catches.

Even if you manage to keep the majority of your defense together, you really think they can go 16 games beating teams by scoring 10-20 points on offense? Their defense gelled at the perfect time and they won a SB because of it.

They'll have a tough time winning the AFCW if they don't do something about that offense.

He was a complete beast until this season. No one better at the bubble screen. Big, strong, great hands. Just a goofy year to be sure. His numbers were there but couldn't make the big catches.
DT had a poor season because his QB could not throw more than 10 yards down the field with any zip. DT said that himself when Brock was starting. Manninhgh absolutely killed the offense all season. He could not throw and refused to run Kubes offense from under center which also killed the run. No offensive player had a stand out year because the QB position was the worst in the league. Brock was at least a hair better but he was a rookie really and was not going to light things up in the handful of games he got to start.

I do think DT is over paid but as long as the QB position improves which is a big IF depending on if you sign Brock and he becomes a good Qb than DT will be back to being a difference maker. But if the QB position continues to be dog crap than DTs contract will hang over the team like an albatross.

Even if you manage to keep the majority of your defense together, you really think they can go 16 games beating teams by scoring 10-20 points on offense? Their defense gelled at the perfect time and they won a SB because of it.

They'll have a tough time winning the AFCW if they don't do something about that offense.

Really? 2013 and 2014 the Broncos had the top offense and one of the top. That didn't work out too well. Blown out in the SB and throttled by the Colts at home. This year the #1 D and well you know the result. Top offense doesn't mean SB win.

Really? 2013 and 2014 the Broncos had the top offense and one of the top. That didn't work out too well. Blown out in the SB and throttled by the Colts at home. This year the #1 D and well you know the result. Top offense doesn't mean SB win.

The Pats know this very well...:coffee:

Having a perfect regular season also doesn't mean much either...

The top offense might not win a championship, but I expect a team with the top offense will get to the play-offs.

Dude, work on your reading comprehension, where did I say they had to have a top offense in my post? Their offense was horrid, a good offense is better than the offense they had last year.

Dude, work on your reading comprehension, where did I say they had to have a top offense in my post? Their offense was horrid, a good offense is better than the offense they had last year.

"Even if you manage to keep the majority of your defense together, you really think they can go 16 games beating teams by scoring 10-20 points on offense? Their defense gelled at the perfect time and they won a SB because of it.

They'll have a tough time winning the AFCW if they don't do something about that offense"

Above is exactly what you wrote. The Broncos not only won the AFCW but the Super Bowl as well. So the Defense is more important then the offense. I never thought I would say that, as a Bronco fan, we've become accustomed to high power offenses. But after this past season, it's clear a top defense is more important than a top offense.

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 AM ----------

The top offense might not win a championship, but I expect a team with the top offense will get to the play-offs.

As the Broncos did the last few years? I now want more defense. That is all

There is a rumor. Denver could let Brock go . Sign RG3 for cheap. His skill set would fit denver offense .

There is a rumor. Denver could let Brock go . Sign RG3 for cheap. His skill set would fit denver offense .

I would hate this move because I think it might work. Now RGIII is a shell of his former self but probably better than Osweiler and definitely better than ManninHGH*.

I think he will cost more than they want to spend but less than someone is willing to pay Osweiler.

What Elway knows is how to win. Every thing he touches, turns out to win.

SB 48... :coffee:

for the record...fvck Elway all to hell. He was the final nail in the Colts leaving Baltimore coffin. 33 years later and it STILL doesn't feel right.

Now RGIII is a shell of his former self...

No, he's 100% healthy. No doubt in my mind that the guy can step on the field and light it up...he just doesn't fit Jay Gruden's offensive scheme. Gruden showed a lot of balls standing up to management and going with Cousins.

for the record...fvck Elway all to hell. He was the final nail in the Colts leaving Baltimore coffin. 33 years later and it STILL doesn't feel right.

Interesting that Elway held out and threatened to play baseball until the Colts traded his rights to Denver.

And then years later Archie tells the Chargers that Eli will never play for San Diego and forces them to make a trade with the Giants (which was a huge deal for SD - can't even believe they never won anything with those draft picks/players).

Elway and the Manning family. Peas in a pod.

"Even if you manage to keep the majority of your defense together, you really think they can go 16 games beating teams by scoring 10-20 points on offense? Their defense gelled at the perfect time and they won a SB because of it.

They'll have a tough time winning the AFCW if they don't do something about that offense"

Above is exactly what you wrote. The Broncos not only won the AFCW but the Super Bowl as well. So the Defense is more important then the offense. I never thought I would say that, as a Bronco fan, we've become accustomed to high power offenses. But after this past season, it's clear a top defense is more important than a top offense.

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 AM ----------

As the Broncos did the last few years? I now want more defense. That is all

Show me where I said they needed a TOP offense. Again, work on your reading comprehension.

I would LOVE this as Denver would suck with RG. The guy is a complete head case and as fragile as glass. Oz fits Kubes system much better as he is athletic and can play from the pocket. RG not so much.

Also Colts fans would go from worshipping Denver when Pey Pey* was there to loathing them because of RG as they are still hung up on the whole Luck/RG from the draft. I would kinda like it for that reason too and would hope in a way RG does light it up. lol.

Obviously not literally everything, but in general, he is a winner. You can't argue that. And for the record, he did put a team together in 4 years that has made it to the SB 2x. That's pretty good. As for him as a person or his morals? I could give two shits. I'm not his friend but rather a fan of the football team he manages. As long as they win, I'm happy. He can be the biggest dick (and for the record I think he is) around but that doesn't bother me.

Back