I need a good rub

Also do you usually put it on over night or is it something I can do last minute.

Either way. A lot of chefs will tell you 12 hours is best. But, I've had some excellent steak that was seasoned just before cooking.

And I'm trying to ignore what the boys have added here. Except Middie. That baby is hilarious.

imapig said:
Ribeye is a very flavorful steak..Excellent choice...Salt Pepper and a little Garlic. Cook steak in a cast iron pan with butter and a splash of Worcestershire sauce... Make sure pan is soo hot that it is smoking...

I was gonna grill em :shrug:

Pyxis said:
Either way. A lot of chefs will tell you 12 hours is best. But, I've had some excellent steak that was seasoned just before cooking.

And I'm trying to ignore what the boys have added here. Except Middie. That baby is hilarious.

I figured this would get their attention so if you need anything from them this is the place to do it lol

Here I thought this was going to be a massage thread.

:taptaptap:

I've experimented with a bunch of dry rubs, some complicated scratch recipes and some commercial products, but most of them on smoked pork or chicken.

A good cut of beef doesn't need much more than salt and pepper to bring out the flavor, but if you want to tang up a steak then I'd recommend trying Paul Prudhomme's "blackened steak magic" or GrillMates' "Smokin' Texas Rub".

I love GrillMates marinades and think they're the best dry mix marinades on the market. Far superior to McCormick and the like. Their rubs are really good also even if you're cooking on a gas grill instead of a smoker. Just go fairly light with the rub, see how you like it and you could always add more next time.

A lot of decent-sized supermarkets carry either or both brands.

Pick up a packet of Grillmates "zesty herb" marinade while you're shopping and try it on chicken or pork. Comes out great every time. That's my personal favorite.

Enjoy!

When I first saw this thread, I was thinking what's imapig up to now? Then I see that TBL started it:blink:

Dude she's in love with another man..Marriage is not an option here..ROFL

How many naked wonenz have you fallen for on this internet, do you ever think about there feelings? :shrug:

:D

Okay, my very favorite meal, not spicy but tangy:

Cuban Churassco Steak.

Salt, pepper, garlic, oil - rub on steak and grill it.

Sauce:

Large bunch of cilantro leaves
6-8 cloves of garlic
1/4 c. vinegar
juice of one lime (you can add more to taste)
2/3 c. olive oil
1/2 c. onion

Throw everything except oil into blender and put on "Chop" but pulse it and don't over blend to a paste. You should see pieces of leaves of cilantro.

Whisk in olive oil. You can add flavor for boldness by adding more lime or cilantro. Put over the steak.

Cuban Churassco Steak.

Sauce:

6-8 cloves of garlic
1/4 c. vinegar
2/3 c. olive oil
1/2 c. onion

Throw everything except oil into blender and put on "Chop" but pulse it and don't over blend to a paste. You should see pieces of leaves of cilantro.

Whisk in olive oil. You can add flavor for boldness by adding more lime or cilantro. Put over the steak.
That sounds good

I'd mix salt, pepper and garlic powder, coat the steaks with that, drizzle some olive oil on them, then grill them or sear them in a hot skillet.
I do this the most but when I Plan properly With steak simplistic is best so the only difference is I mash some garlic cloves, add a little sea salt and make a garlic Paste rubbing the salt and garlic together with the back end of a large knife... Mix in a little pepper and olive oil and coat lightly... Do it in the morning and it is ready for dinner. Heat the grill high sear the sucker to keep juices in and lowers lower it until desired temp for consumption.

Key is both the man and you need to eat the same so garlic isn't an issue during desert!!!!

Cuban Churassco Steak.

Sauce:

6-8 cloves of garlic
1/4 c. vinegar
2/3 c. olive oil
1/2 c. onion

Wow I must try this...

Remember folks too much salt can dry a steak out..It draws the juices out.. I usually like to salt after the steak is cooked...

That sounds good

It's FANTASTIC!!! I can't do spicy foods either, but Cuban food has more of a citrus-type flavoring, and I absolutely love this dish. It's great with a skirt or flank or flat-iron steak, but some people use a filet and pound it.

It's all in the chimichurri sauce that you pour over it. Yummm.

Back