I really like this girl that I work with. What should I do?

1. Just freakin' talk to the girl. Listen to mikie. Actually, listen to MD. No matter what is going on, it doesn't matter. Objective #1 is to get with this chick, since you seem to like her. Advance your interests. To hell with her problems, you don't want to get Friend-Zoned. Tell her you're taking her to dinner. Don't ask. You'll be balls deep by 7:30. Have swag.

2. Make sure you suit up. Go full Windsor, too. None of this weak half-Windsor nonsense.

3. Change your location from "in your girlfriend's bedroom" under your profile pic here. Bro-kings aren't asking their internet friends how to hook up.

You're absolutely right. I'll let her know that I already made a reservation for us at a nice place for dinner. I can't give her the opportunity to say no, now can I?

As for #3, That's changed. I haven't logged on in quite a while, and didn't realize what that said until you mentioned it. I'll look for a different sig image as well.

Thing is its not just a job. Some people ate extremely talented I'm hair and makeup and it is a career. They go to school for it and continue to go back every so many years.

Girl that had done my hair many times is amazing at it and hours to the Dominican every year now to do the patriots cheerleaders hair for their calendar shoot. I'd much rather do that then what i do on a daily basis.

You saying that its not a career makes you seem very closed minded. My future mother in law owns her own salon. Its not just a job to her.

I appreciate the explanation that you gave here. I am truly sorry that I used that as an example. Please believe me that my intent was not to offend anyone here. I didn't think that it would blow up like this. I wish the best for your future mother in-law.

No, shirt.

So, knucklehead,

If you listen to anyone here about getting laid, listen to MD aka #TheAwesomeOne. You shouldn't need to ask anyone. I watch high school kids getting set up to smash. They don't ask for advice.

But, if you are coming back here saying you changed, then you should actually, you know, like change.

:cool:

This is different than the other stories I have mentioned here. In fact, I only mentioned this girl's looks once in my original post. I didn't post anything about the size of her breasts, waist, or ass. I didn't talk about her in any condescending manner. This is a person who would NOT be treated like a piece of meat.

When I talk about ambition, I want someone who has that drive to succeed no matter what they do. That's probably what I should have said in the first place.

:patriotlogo:

I appreciate the explanation that you gave here. I am truly sorry that I used that as an example. Please believe me that my intent was not to offend anyone here. I didn't think that it would blow up like this. I wish the best for your future mother in-law.

When I talk about ambition, I want someone who has that drive to succeed no matter what they do. That's probably what I should have said in the first place.

I'm not blowing anything up. It was meant to be as a calm response. Just saying don't knock hair and makeup. Its a profession and a hell of a lot more fun than any office job. My future MIL is beyond best wishes. She's had her salon for years and is very successful on her own.

As for your last paragraph had you put it that way the first time it would of sounded a lot better. You made it seem like she was trash because she wanted to do hair and make up.

Good luck to you with all of this. I'm not sure how I'd feel about someone i work with telling me that we're going on a date lol but if you feel that will work go for it. You definitely don't wanna get comfortable in the friend zone but its always nice to ask a girl what she would like to do. It would be different if it wasn't a co-worker. Then I think MD's approach would work great.

Like I said. Remember your view when that other girl wins an Oscar.

And since you went all anonymous on a forum to bash her and her industry, I hope she does.

And because you were rude about the makeup and hair girl, I hope this one shoots you down.

:)
Posted via Mobile Device

This is different than the other stories I have mentioned here. In fact, I only mentioned this girl's looks once in my original post. I didn't post anything about the size of her breasts, waist, or ass. I didn't talk about her in any condescending manner. This is a person who would NOT be treated like a piece of meat.
As opposed to what? Others who would be treated like a piece of meat? lolz

:patriotlogo:
You said the other girl had no drive or ambition and only wanted to do hair and makeup. So you said pretty much what you meant.

Also implied was that she didn't live up to some standard that you have. Why? Because that's ALL she wanted to do?

Dude, I don't know what others think, and you might have them all fooled here with this song and dance, but this false sincerity is nothing but a wolf in sheep's clothing from what I'm hearing.

TBL was much nicer about this, and good for her. I love her.

Take Dave's approach and go to #PoundTown.

Good luck to ya!*

*notreally
Posted via Mobile Device

TBL was much nicer about this, and good for her. I love her.

Take Dave's approach and go to #PoundTown.

Good luck to ya!*

*notreally
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, but beneath every word there was a giant fvck off that was implied.

Without a doubt Lisa.

ROFL

I really hope she has a Fabulous dinner with a lovely wine and leaves.

ROFL
Posted via Mobile Device

Just for shits and giggles, have you given up on this way of life:

Cuz if not, don't bother this poor girl.

*Posted by Fusion99 on 2-27-2009

1365.jpg

Jaric you really should come around more often.

ROFL
Posted via Mobile Device

Wow. Tough crowd. Tough crowd.

11-450x337-custom.jpg

Bottom line, fusion, if you even dare enter this thread again...

How about stopping the objectifying women stuff, see em as just people, and treat each of them as individuals. Some have no motivation. Some do. As a Father in Law, I can say the same about young guys too. Losers are losers and being a loser is a co-ed trait.

Now can we get on with the McDonalds cheeseburger and Red Lobster hijack?

You said the other girl had no drive or ambition and only wanted to do hair and makeup. So you said pretty much what you meant.

Also implied was that she didn't live up to some standard that you have. Why? Because that's ALL she wanted to do?

What I think that you're trying to get through to me is that I should not care what profession or career a person chooses. It's something that I should look past.

Let me ask you the same question then. Does it matter to you what your significant other does for a profession? Would you care if he were unemployed?

Like I said. Remember your view when that other girl wins an Oscar.

And since you went all anonymous on a forum to bash her and her industry, I hope she does.

And because you were rude about the makeup and hair girl, I hope this one shoots you down.

You seem to find great amusement in my failures of life - fine with me. I won't get upset, or else you'll just slap me with the 'asshole' label, which, according to you, has already been applied.

Jesus Christ I'm fvcking dying here. Righteous image, shirt.

And no....we can't until she racks up a $200 booze bill.
Posted via Mobile Device

What I think that you're trying to get through to me is that I should not care what profession or career a person chooses. It's something that I should look past.

Let me ask you the same question then. Does it matter to you what your significant other does for a profession? Would you care if he were unemployed?

You seem to find great amusement in my failures of life - fine with me. I won't get upset, or else you'll just slap me with the 'asshole' label, which, according to you, has already been applied.

No you moron! It doesn't!

Mine is a degreed Mechanical Engineer who builds the fastest mutha****in boat on God's Green Earth. It goes 250+ MPH in 3.78 seconds and pays NOTHING. We are so poor we can't pay attention. BUT! There only 32 of his job and we fvcking LOVE each other and our life.

Sit on it.

Rotate.
Posted via Mobile Device

Jaric you really should come around more often.

ROFL
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm going to be occupied for a minute trying to figure why calling the bar skank a bar skank got everyone all riled up.

Also fusion, it's been said repeatedly but if ex or current boyfriend comes up do not be her shoulder to cry on. Trust me on this. Women say they want sensitive men. They don't mean it. If they did, every guy who was a shoulder to cry on would get sex afterwards and the arrogant doucebags would be at home masterbating.

But thats not how it works. If they wanted that, they'd wouldn't be with current boyfriend crying on your shoulder.

I have a Master's degree. My husband was a house painter when I met him. So what do you think?

What's important to me is that he was more intelligent about life than anyone I had ever met, even lacking his formal education, that he treated me with more respect than anyone I had ever met, and that he was a compassionate human being.

I doubt you will ever meet anyone with those qualities who will put up with your phony bullshit for too long, because what I've found in life is that you are who you are. Someone who was a blatant pig about women...and I'm pretty sure the quote I attributed to you a few years back fits that description...doesn't all of a sudden think women are their equals, no matter what.

PatsFanLisa, don't take it so personally. Both of my aunts do hair and makeup for a living as well, so I guess I insulted them as well, right? Or maybe I just pissed off the whole cosmetology industry in one fell swoop?

I used that as an example of someone I personally met whom I thought had no ambition and no career goals. This girl never had any education beyond high school and always counted on her parents to make ends meet.

I don't know your step-daughter, so I do apologize. I'm sure she's a great person and has a nice family as well. For me, it's simple not the type of person that I'm looking for. I want someone who won't settle for just a job and wants a career - maybe that's a better way to put it.

You can give me the third-degree if you like, I understand that I am well deserving of it.

I usually don't post on these "relationship" threads. My first instinct is to make some wise ass comment or a joke, which sometimes are the same.

But my advise to you is to please leave this girl alone. You really sound, from your post, as if you don't get it yet. I don't want to be harsh on the internet, but you asked for advise.

This young woman seems to have enough problems right now without your getting involved with her. Some day you might "get it" and then if she is around then it might work. If you care about this girl save her from jumping from the frying pan and into the fire and leave her alone until you get it, you'll know when you do.

Wow. Tough crowd. Tough crowd.

How about stopping the objectifying women stuff, see em as just people, and treat each of them as individuals. Some have no motivation. Some do. As a Father in Law, I can say the same about young guys too. Losers are losers and being a loser is a co-ed trait.

Now can we get on with the McDonalds cheeseburger and Red Lobster hijack?

I totally agree, I have known plenty of guys who also have no drive at all either. I refuse to have myself lumped in with the rest of them. More power to all the men and women who have no motivation. Sorry, I am not that way, nor do I want a partner that has those traits as well.

In my industry, it's easy to get sucked in at all the marketing conventions with these really hot girls, chest popping out all over the place, only to find out, they know nothing at all when you try to conduct business with them. They're simply eye-candy with what I perceive as having little intelligence. That's not for me, and it's a waste of my time and money.

You can talk about Red Lobster all you want, that was almost 8 years ago when all of that occurred. To this day, I still get shit for it eventhough I rarely post here anymore.

I'll put a couple hundred down right now that at least one of the members here is furiously PM'ing FallingAlice so she can join in on the fun as well. If anything, she's the one who really deserves to rip me to shreds.

I'm going to be occupied for a minute trying to figure why calling the bar skank a bar skank got everyone all riled up.

Also fusion, it's been said repeatedly but if ex or current boyfriend comes up do not be her shoulder to cry on. Trust me on this. Women say they want sensitive men. They don't mean it. If they did, every guy who was a shoulder to cry on would get sex afterwards.

No. If they wanted that, they'd wouldn't be with current boyfriend crying on your shoulder.

I think its because she stated she had a career goal that fusion considered beneath him, which crossed a line. Not like the skank I met one time who told me her career goals were to be either a cocktail waitress (she was a customer that nite, like me), or a prison guard. :spock:

I think its because she stated she had a career goal that fusion considered beneath him, which crossed a line. Not like the skank I met one time who told me her career goals were to be either a cocktail waitress (she was a customer that nite, like me), or a prison guard. :spock:

My assumption was that the girl in question answered the way she did "because like oh my god makeup is like so awesome!" Not because of serious career plans.

Back