I really like this girl that I work with. What should I do?

Well, if you've matured, then great.

A piece of advice? When you say things like "It's not the type of woman you would want to have for any extended period of time" because she does hair and makeup, it sort of doesn't really show much maturity at all. That is a trade as much as being an electrician or any other tradesman has. Would you say the same to someone in one of the "male-typical" trades? My stepdaughter does hair and makeup. You have just insulted her.

Try to stop being so chauvinistic and maybe some of us will believe you.

Yes in fact if they're really good at it they can make a shit load of money.

Well, if you've matured, then great.

A piece of advice? When you say things like "It's not the type of woman you would want to have for any extended period of time" because she does hair and makeup, it sort of doesn't really show much maturity at all. That is a trade as much as being an electrician or any other tradesman has. Would you say the same to someone in one of the "male-typical" trades? My stepdaughter does hair and makeup. You have just insulted her.

Try to stop being so chauvinistic and maybe some of us will believe you.

PatsFanLisa, don't take it so personally. Both of my aunts do hair and makeup for a living as well, so I guess I insulted them as well, right? Or maybe I just pissed off the whole cosmetology industry in one fell swoop?

I used that as an example of someone I personally met whom I thought had no ambition and no career goals. This girl never had any education beyond high school and always counted on her parents to make ends meet.

I don't know your step-daughter, so I do apologize. I'm sure she's a great person and has a nice family as well. For me, it's simple not the type of person that I'm looking for. I want someone who won't settle for just a job and wants a career - maybe that's a better way to put it.

You can give me the third-degree if you like, I understand that I am well deserving of it.

I was thinking "or really just hoping for" another Cheese Burger story here at the planet but from a different member

yeah, or when it was clear it was on its way to a self destructive train wreck, that a good ol fashioned wiseass hijack could save it.

Oh Jesus.....

You just really don't have a clue how demeaning you actually are.
Listen, whatever feelings you harbor for me are obviously bad, and I am completely convinced that no matter what I say, you'll be pissed off at me. I get it, it's cool.

I am not here to fight or argue. I here for some advice, so please, if you have helpful advice I would appreciate it.
Posted via Mobile Device

PatsFanLisa, don't take it so personally. Both of my aunts do hair and makeup for a living as well, so I guess I insulted them as well, right? Or maybe I just pissed off the whole cosmetology industry in one fell swoop?

I used that as an example of someone I personally met whom I thought had no ambition and no career goals. This girl never had any education beyond high school and always counted on her parents to make ends meet.

I don't know your step-daughter, so I do apologize. I'm sure she's a great person and has a nice family as well. For me, it's simple not the type of person that I'm looking for. I want someone who won't settle for just a job and wants a career - maybe that's a better way to put it.

You can give me the third-degree if you like, I understand that I am well deserving of it.

Thing is its not just a job. Some people ate extremely talented I'm hair and makeup and it is a career. They go to school for it and continue to go back every so many years.

Girl that had done my hair many times is amazing at it and hours to the Dominican every year now to do the patriots cheerleaders hair for their calendar shoot. I'd much rather do that then what i do on a daily basis.

You saying that its not a career makes you seem very closed minded. My future mother in law owns her own salon. Its not just a job to her.

WOW.

This shit is unbelievable.

Can I have this girl's email address? I'd like to warn her.
Posted via Mobile Device

1. Just freakin' talk to the girl. Listen to mikie. Actually, listen to MD. No matter what is going on, it doesn't matter. Objective #1 is to get with this chick, since you seem to like her. Advance your interests. To hell with her problems, you don't want to get Friend-Zoned. Tell her you're taking her to dinner. Don't ask. You'll be balls deep by 7:30. Have swag.

2. Make sure you suit up. Go full Windsor, too. None of this weak half-Windsor nonsense.

3. Change your location from "in your girlfriend's bedroom" under your profile pic here. Bro-kings aren't asking their internet friends how to hook up.

Remember this post when that girl wins an Oscar.

Just sayin.
Posted via Mobile Device

No, shirt.

So, knucklehead,

If you listen to anyone here about getting laid, listen to MD aka #TheAwesomeOne. You shouldn't need to ask anyone. I watch high school kids getting set up to smash. They don't ask for advice.

But, if you are coming back here saying you changed, then you should actually, you know, like change.

:cool:
Posted via Mobile Device

Back