I watched my first live Patriots game since Super Bowl LII on Sunday

NSPatsFan

I'm disrespectful to dirt.
Reaction score
I'm Down From Canada and they think I'm slow Eh?
As some of you know I've been going through some hard times over the past several years, with depression being a near constant companion.

Because of this the Patriots, although I love them, were also a source of pain for me. Especially after they got screwed out of Super Bowl LII. I was really angry and hurt. Those of you who know about what happened to me the night of Super Bowl XLVI know because of my noggin issues I take the Patriots WAY too seriously and it wasn't healthy.

Anyway, I didn't watch any games live last year, I'd wait until I knew the game was over and check the score and watch the highlights. It sucks I missed a Super Bowl season, but hey health comes first.

So, fast forward to now and I've finally found a med that works in taking away my depression. (Paxil in case anyone is curious) It's been amazing, It'd been so long since I felt normal I'd forgotten what it feels like. There are some small side effects like fatigue that I'm still wrestling with, but otherwise I'm doing really well.

So anyway, Sunday in Miami was my first live Pats game since they got hosed vs. the Eagles, and man what a game to come back to. Great effort all around, the O-line showing great depth, the Defense getting TWO pick sixes in a row and pitching a shutout, putting up a forty burger. A great team win.

So, oldbagfan (and everyone, lol) that's where I've been. Still got a long way to go in my recovery, but I've got one big hurdle out of the way. Sorry to anyone I may have offended in the past. I wasn't myself, I was what depression had made me.

Also, f**k Goodell. :D

I am glad you're doing well, and good for you. I'm also glad you're sharing what that illness can do to people. Keep it up.

Congrats!

One day at a time. Thanks for sharing and showing there’s light at the end of the tunnel :thumb:

~Dee~

Welcome back. Depression can be hell and I'm glad you have been able to find the med that works for you.

Glad to hear you're back on track!

Glad to hear this. Health does come first.

The first 3 games this year are basically therapy sessions for any Patriots fans that have anxiety/depression. :thumb:

As some of you know I've been going through some hard times over the past several years, with depression being a near constant companion.

Because of this the Patriots, although I love them, were also a source of pain for me. Especially after they got screwed out of Super Bowl LII. I was really angry and hurt. Those of you who know about what happened to me the night of Super Bowl XLVI know because of my noggin issues I take the Patriots WAY too seriously and it wasn't healthy.

Anyway, I didn't watch any games live last year, I'd wait until I knew the game was over and check the score and watch the highlights. It sucks I missed a Super Bowl season, but hey health comes first.

So, fast forward to now and I've finally found a med that works in taking away my depression. (Paxil in case anyone is curious) It's been amazing, It'd been so long since I felt normal I'd forgotten what it feels like. There are some small side effects like fatigue that I'm still wrestling with, but otherwise I'm doing really well.

So anyway, Sunday in Miami was my first live Pats game since they got hosed vs. the Eagles, and man what a game to come back to. Great effort all around, the O-line showing great depth, the Defense getting TWO pick sixes in a row and pitching a shutout, putting up a forty burger. A great team win.

So, oldbagfan (and everyone, lol) that's where I've been. Still got a long way to go in my recovery, but I've got one big hurdle out of the way. Sorry to anyone I may have offended in the past. I wasn't myself, I was what depression had made me.

Also, f**k Goodell. :D

Hurrah! Stay well,

Also, F*** Goodell

Cheers, BostonTim

Great to hear! Glad you found a med that works and can enjoy the Cheatriots again. :)

Great to hear. Watching the games should be helpful in a therapeutic sense, so I hope you continue to enjoy them.

Thanks for sharing your story! Glad you're ok, and back to watching again. With any luck, we're on to SEVEN! c h e a t

Back