If anyone wants to try their hand at opinion pieces....

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
Like post game reactions, or full roster or record predictions, or anything really that is article length, feel free to start a new thread for it. With a new thread, I can not only publish it on our front page, but publish it to Facebook, Twitter, and Reddit as well.

Like post game reactions, or full roster or record predictions, or anything really that is article length, feel free to start a new thread for it. With a new thread, I can not only publish it on our front page, but publish it to Facebook, Twitter, and Reddit as well.

I will certainly think about it. I do touch on this subject from time to time in my work. And, of course, I'm not volunteering him but Hawg, with his knowledge, wit, and terrific word manipulation is great at it.

I was just looking at the article section last night and thinking about what could be done with it. LOL

Last edited:
I will certainly think about it. I do touch on this subject from time to time in my work. ANd of course, I'm not volunteering him but Hawg, with his knowledge, wit, and terrific word manipulation is great at it.

I was just looking at the article section last night and thinking about what could be done with it. LOL
You just got volunteered, Hawg. :coffee:

Hell, UT, I can't even do a quick reply that isn't article length. :coffee:

I will certainly think about it. I do touch on this subject from time to time in my work. And, of course, I'm not volunteering him but Hawg, with his knowledge, wit, and terrific word manipulation is great at it.

Hell, UT, I can't even do a quick reply that isn't article length. :coffee:

Yeah, it's the first time I've really had a CMS system to use. The key is it needs to be the first post in a new thread, then I can make it an article. We tend to get a lot of great posts that get buried in mega-threads. When it's a new thread, I can share it and it can be seen outside the board.

I wasn't looking for any one volunteer. Hawg would definitely be great, but any number of members here are capable and welcome to do so. No need to have designated people right away. Just post a normal thread with opinion content.

So I'm just saying, instead of hitting that quick reply, if you have something rather verbose to say that could stand on its own, start a new thread. It will then not only be open for discussion here like normal, but can be on the front page and can be promoted by both me, and really any user who wants to, on social media platforms.

Maybe if it's something we start doing and it works well, we can add like a tag [Opinion] or [Article] to the thread title or something.

Thanks, folks, but I don't want to stifle anybody else's interest in putting out something about the team with some length and depth, just because I sometimes do so. We've got plenty of people who write very well and could handle that concept. Cross-posting on social media seems like a solid idea that might attract some curiosity about the Planet, especially with the season
ramping up.

I've done a bunch of "Random Observations" pieces over the years that my brother sort of used as a template to do his very popular "Knee Jerk Reactions" columns on Barstool and I could always dust that format off if I can't come up with something better. I'll cogitate on it a bit and encourage others to do their thing, too.

If you really want an opinion piece I can't think of anyone who has stronger opinions than Mazz22.

Here are a few examples but there are tons of others you can pick from. She'd bring in tons of responses, imo.

I will give you credit, you can spin anything into a positive. LOL. Cam is a 10 year veteran and entering his 2nd season with the Pats and he is telling you that he is getting confused by LB and Safety movement. Let me type that again slowly - hE Is CoNfUsEd by Lb and SaFeTy mOveMeNt.

New Flash - That's not the Patriots system that is the issue. That is 100% Cam. The guy has always been an athletic freak but not so great at the IQ part of the game. He himself has said he does not consider himself a QB but rather a football player. That pretty much tells you that pre-snap/post-snap reads are not his forte. Yet, here is McDaniels unable to innovate at all to make this offense fit Cam, most likely beating himself in the head during film sessions with this guy, saying here is the play, here is who you throw it to and Cam is like 'Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, I got you man." Then he gets to the field and the LB shades left or right or Dugger pinches down or fades back and he likes "Wait! What just happened." His exact words were "What do I do?"

It is no surprising you appreciate his candidacy admitting he can't play in this offense but for the rest of us who actually care about having a competent offense, this guy can't be benched soon enough for Mac.

If Bill lets him ruin another season while our #15 pick rides the bench, he should be fired.

I'll tell you why. Because no greatest player of their sport has ever had their accomplishments credited more to their coaching and system than Brady. For 20 years, Bill and Kraft were more than eager to promote the "Patriot Way" as a reason for the teams historical success instead of admitting the obvious - they found the pot gold at the end of the rainbow in Brady. They propped up their "system" as some sort of football utopia of winning instead of stating the obvious - the greatest QB of all time was the system.

In terms of Bill, the check didn't come due in 2020 - he horribly mismanaged the roster for the last 6 or 7 years with his terrible drafts and unwillingness to extend the talent he had from the early 2010's. Our roster was upside down because of him. He also let the offensive skill talent go to complete garbage. He replaced guys who were performing with lesser talent or scrubs:

They had Gronk and Hernandez. Then just Gronk. Then nobody.

They had Amendola and Edelman. Then just Edelman. Then injured Edelman.

The one decent deep threat they had post Moss was Cooks for one year and then nobody.

In terms of Brady, the Bucs were not a QB away from anything. They were a 7-9 team that had not made the playoffs since 2007. They were also the most undisciplined team in the league because Arians is a goof. Brady turned a franchise that hadn't made the playoffs since 2007 into a championship team whose free agents would rather chase a repeat than chase money. In less than a year.

So, no it is absolutely not too early to state the Bill is the definitive loser. He let the GOAT walk and replaced him with broken Cam not for one horrific year but now for two. That is unfathomable for the supposed greatest coach of all time who is always credited for being one step ahead not two steps behind.

This notion that he could not pay Brady is laughable. Brady was not asking to be the highest paid QB like Rodgers, he was asking for a multi-year deal to take him to age 45, a goal he had been stating since he was in his late 30s. And all he did at ages 37, 39, and 41 was win the damn Super Bowls and STILL Bill would not extend him but was happy to keep collecting his rings and the credit. Imagine just delivering your 6th ring to an org you have been with for 20 years, outdueling Mahomes at his place in the AFCCG game and Bill tells you all he can do is go year to year and pay you less than what you were making the year before? And then the topper - he replaces you with broken Cam as his 4th round Stidham experiment blew up his face.

So, yes Bill looks like a complete and utter clown. Just wait until Oct. 3 when Brady will put the shoes and nose on him.

Check out the comments below this video. Pats fans are saying they would vote for Brady to beat the Pats in the SB. LOL.
I do think there will be more fans cheering for Brady/Bucs on Oct. 3 than the Patriots. Not sure if that has ever happened before in football to a home team but I think it will now.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvRGj6eyEcI

I second the nomination for Mazz22. I don't quite understand her disdain for Bill, but she's smart, tough and is a solid writer with a distinctive point of view that gets
under people's skin. She'll research whatever she wants to attack and has a knack for using facts to prove herself correct. More or less.

I

I second the nomination for Mazz22. I don't quite understand her disdain for Bill, but she's smart, tough and is a solid writer with a distinctive point of view that gets
under people's skin. She'll research whatever she wants to attack and has a knack for using facts to prove herself correct. More or less.

I

I third the nomination. The motion passes. :)

I third the nomination. The motion passes. :)
I'll 4th it but only if she changes her user name. The mere mention or sight of "Mazz" is like fingernails down a chalkboard to me.
I know there are a lot of very good people out there with that family name. And it pains me that jerk on the radio, and sometimes TV, will forever make the hair on the back of my neck stand up, whenever I hear or see that last name.

Yeah, it's the first time I've really had a CMS system to use. The key is it needs to be the first post in a new thread, then I can make it an article. We tend to get a lot of great posts that get buried in mega-threads. When it's a new thread, I can share it and it can be seen outside the board.

I wasn't looking for any one volunteer. Hawg would definitely be great, but any number of members here are capable and welcome to do so. No need to have designated people right away. Just post a normal thread with opinion content.

So I'm just saying, instead of hitting that quick reply, if you have something rather verbose to say that could stand on its own, start a new thread. It will then not only be open for discussion here like normal, but can be on the front page and can be promoted by both me, and really any user who wants to, on social media platforms.

Maybe if it's something we start doing and it works well, we can add like a tag [Opinion] or [Article] to the thread title or something.
Does it have to be sports related?

Does it have to be sports related?
No. Whatever it is, it will automatically go to my twitter, and I can post on facebook. But I don't have any followers on either of those so they won't really do much.

But for Reddit, it could be posted to an appropriate subreddit which would probably not be r/Patriots, and potentially get a lot of eyes.

No. Whatever it is, it will automatically go to my twitter, and I can post on facebook. But I don't have any followers on either of those so they won't really do much.

But for Reddit, it could be posted to an appropriate subreddit which would probably not be r/Patriots, and potentially get a lot of eyes.

If you send me your Twitter handle , FB link and on Reddit I would happily follow you, shugs.

Is there a word count or suggestion?

If you send me your Twitter handle , FB link and on Reddit I would happily follow you, shugs.

Is there a word count or suggestion?

Same here. I'm really interested in seeing what we can do here.

The were both created when I started BSU, but I use them for here as well. Pretty sparse. Facebook has a few people who I have no idea who they are added as friends. I don't know a lot about what I am doing there as I don't use Facebook personally.

The were both created when I started BSU, but I use them for here as well. Pretty sparse. Facebook has a few people who I have no idea who they are added as friends. I don't know a lot about what I am doing there as I don't use Facebook personally.

I would offer to help but FB is an war zone some days versus the complete opposite other days. Hate to drag you into that fray. But I am willing to help if you want or have questions.

Just followed you on Twitter and did same on FB.

First, I wanted to thank those on this thread that nominated me for this. I logged in early this morning and I have to say this thread made my day. I know my opinions differ drastically from many here especially those who thought I would be a good choice for this so I really appreciate that you saw past the differences to think I would be a good choice for this. I had no idea that people felt my posts were high quality even though they disagree with the take/opinion. That is a sign of a really mature board and one that is interested in hearing different takes even ones they don't agree with which is what makes PP a very, very special community.

UT - I would be happy to contribute in any way possible. I do have the time as currently I teach guitar lessons from home. I used to have more of a corporate part-time job but it went on hiatus due to Covid. I am fortunate that financially I do not have to try to find another job immediately, so I would love to write whatever you need. I know Chevs quoted some of my more lengthy posts from the past few weeks so I am happy to launch with one of those or start a new one. Let me know.

Also, I can change my user name from Mazz if you want. My maiden name had "mazz" in it which is why I used it but I can't stand that it gets associated with Tony Mazz. Such is life. LOL. But I am open to any name you think would be fun and interesting. Or if you think Mazz will stir the pot so to speak to get people to read then we can leave it alone too.

Anyone can change there username should they wish. There is an option in your profile. I believe it is then sent to me for approval, but its a lot easier than me changing it manually.

I'm happy to try and promote anything that will generate interest, just needs to be a new thread.

Anyone can change there username should they wish. There is an option in your profile. I believe it is then sent to me for approval, but its a lot easier than me changing it manually.

I'm happy to try and promote anything that will generate interest, just needs to be a new thread.
So I should I somehow designate in the title that it is an article for redistribution? Will you also take the responses to the post as well or just the first OP post?

Back