IF the Steelers win the Super Bowl.....

cadmonkey

I have nothing useful to say....
Reaction score
.....will everyone be alright with Ben Rolthlisberger being not only compared to but maybe even ahead of Brady in the "who's better" talks. He'll have 3 rings now too. Or do people still think Ben isn't in Brady's category yet?

Personally, I hate Rothlisberger, and don't really ever want to consider him a great QB but as everyone always says you are measured by the amount of rings you have. Patriots fans have always said that about Brady when comparing him to Manning. Ben is one ahead of Manning and one behind Brady so the question needs some serious discussion.

He is obviously a different type of player than both Manning and Brady, but say what you will he seems to always get the job done.

not thinking about this until/if it happens. I can't wrap my mind around the fact of what he is off the field compared to on the field. I know we are suppose to separate the two but his manner has me not able to do this

I hear ya. But it is something that we have to accept at some point.

You will definitely hear the talking heads compare him to Brady. The fact is that the Steelers build their team around defense, just like the Patriots build their around offense. Ben is a very good QB, but isn't capable of carrying a bad team like Brady can.

You will only hear such comparisons from the mouth of Merril Hoge.

i see all the ben hate here and i dont get it. 1st thing everybody wants to do is bring up the rape nonsence. i give it 3 posts before someone else brings it up. all ben does is win. he dont put up 5000 yards or 50 touchdowns. wont get voted to the pro bowl. he hasnt even had an offensive line since 2005. but he keeps winnin. stats or no stats.

with a minute to go and were winnin im takin manning.

with a minute to go and down by 2 im takin brady.

a minute to go and down by 4 im goin with ben.

and IF he does win it this year he will have 3. just as many as your boy brady. all since bradys last.

i see all the ben hate here and i dont get it. 1st thing everybody wants to do is bring up the rape nonsence. i give it 3 posts before someone else brings it up. all ben does is win. he dont put up 5000 yards or 50 touchdowns. wont get voted to the pro bowl. he hasnt even had an offensive line since 2005. but he keeps winnin. stats or no stats.

Why because did it once in a superbowl? You know a lot of other things have to happen in the game from the Qb besides the last drive.

If the Steelers win while he pulls off a comeback like they did against Baltimore.. yeah.

They'll just point to the rings.

Maybe as a male you don't get it ? Maybe as an avid fan of your team you don't see or get it?
Look at M VIck there will always be people who peg him with what he did with/to dogs regardless of what he does, Ben will be the same way from a few fan bases not just ours
it is reality. Like it or not references will be made. For our 2007 year we got it hard and still do, we love our team like you love your team but people will still point to that year.

:shrug:

and IF he does win it this year he will have 3. just as many as your boy brady. all since bradys last.

Aikman has 3 as well, nobody compares him to brady. So Ben can be compared to aikman.

If the Steelers win while he pulls off a comeback like they did against Baltimore.. yeah.

They'll just point to the rings.

Well the team has to implode like baltimore too. If the jets turn the ball over 3 times in the second half yesterday, the pats probably win as well.

.....will everyone be alright with Ben Rolthlisberger being not only compared to but maybe even ahead of Brady in the "who's better" talks. He'll have 3 rings now too. Or do people still think Ben isn't in Brady's category yet?

Personally, I hate Rothlisberger, and don't really ever want to consider him a great QB but as everyone always says you are measured by the amount of rings you have. Patriots fans have always said that about Brady when comparing him to Manning. Ben is one ahead of Manning and one behind Brady so the question needs some serious discussion.

He is obviously a different type of player than both Manning and Brady, but say what you will he seems to always get the job done.
QBs like Ben and Vick are difficult to compare, because the get it done in a different way from the traditional method. I don't really rate QBs just on rings, but more on how they perform in the clutch when the game is on the line. Brady at one time was the clear #1 in my mind, but now, Manning, Brees, and possibly Rodgers are in the same category. I put Ben in that next tier (right below those 4), but there's no doubt he's very good.

Well the team has to implode like baltimore too. If the jets turn the ball over 3 times in the second half yesterday, the pats probably win as well.

or if the pats FORCED 3 turnovers like good d's do. which is what youd say if the to's go your way.

And last time I checked rape was not nonsense

QBs like Ben and Vick are difficult to compare, because the get it done in a different way from the traditional method. I don't really rate QBs just on rings, but more on how they perform in the clutch when the game is on the line. Brady at one time was the clear #1 in my mind, but now, Manning, Brees, and possibly Rodgers are in the same category. I put Ben in that next tier (right below those 4), but there's no doubt he's very good.

He is very good, he has his issus with holding onto the ball and such, but it is what it is. Ben with winning 3 superbowls will be about where I had brady in 2005, but I think brady went beyond that, by not only having those skins on the wall but also showing he can carry a team, be a leader, go through major changes, comeback from bad things. It goes beyond just winning the superbowls. Oh and he does not rape woman.:coffee:

I used to like Ben a lot.

He should not be playing in the NFL, particularly for a team with the history the Steelers have. That history is now forever tainted.

If the Steelers win and Ben is deemed anything remotely close to a hero and is heralded by anyone I respect, I quit the NFL.

Back