In Celebration Of Tom Brady, Bill Belichick & The New England Patriots

Was it not Ricky Proehl who said to the cameras "tonight a Dynasty is born" - how prophetic those words were.
Ricky was great, and maybe the saddest hero in nfl history. We all remember vividley that he was up against the Pats in SB XVI & XVIII. Both times, Proehl had caught game-tying touchdowns in the final 90 seconds — one for St. Louis the other for Carolina. And both times he sat and watched helplessly as Tom marched the Pats down and Adam booted two last-second field goals to win the championships for us.

So he lives with that, plus his ironic prediction.

Man.

Cheers, :toast:

Last edited:
That’s wonderful to hear from Bill. He has always been the best up summing things up in a few words.
And I think I see a light at the end of the ugly tunnel.

Cheers

Jerry is very good at tugging the ol' heart string, isn't he?

I was even able to get a bit emotional after seeing that picture with BB and Brady kissing.

“For me, there’s nobody I’d rather be associated with,” Brady said of Belichick. “From my standpoint, I think it’s always a stupid conversation to say, ‘Brady versus Belichick’ because, in my mind, that’s not what a partnership is about.”

Asked about their relationship, which according to several reports became severely strained during the 2017 season and helped grease Brady’s exit in March 2020, the former quarterback described it as “amazing.”

“(Belichick)’s not afraid to have a hard conversation,” Brady said. “And we didn’t always agree, but we always respected each other. I know he respected me for the job that I did, and I certainly did the same.”

“For me, there’s nobody I’d rather be associated with,” Brady said of Belichick. “From my standpoint, I think it’s always a stupid conversation to say, ‘Brady versus Belichick’ because, in my mind, that’s not what a partnership is about.”

Asked about their relationship, which according to several reports became severely strained during the 2017 season and helped grease Brady’s exit in March 2020, the former quarterback described it as “amazing.”

“(Belichick)’s not afraid to have a hard conversation,” Brady said. “And we didn’t always agree, but we always respected each other. I know he respected me for the job that I did, and I certainly did the same.”

Case closed, story over, go fuck yourself Seth Wickersham, Skip Bayliss et al. There is zero animosity there, no great schism just genuine respect and dare I even suggest it, actual love.

No way does a man like BB go onto a show like that and say the things he said if he did not feel it. And Tom would never have said what he said either if he did no mean it.

FoVaSejXgAIPw_B

Exactly Chevss. Anyone who even remotely knows Bill knows full well that he does not speak like that for that amount of time unless he really means it.

Well done Bill, it takes someone very secure in themselves to talk like that about one of your players, admitting basically you learned just as much from them as you taught them.

Back