Is the end of Fantasy Football?

So far the 3 states that have legalized weed are flush with cash, have lower crime, and significantly fewer instances of drunk driving.

Prohibition doesn't prevent drug use. It just doesn't. Legalize it all and set aside some of the tax money for treatment centers for people who get in over their heads.

I believe Portugal has done something similar to that and it's working quite well for them.

I can get a green card in my state...and my state has probably the highest rate of DUI's. :coffee:

Mass. has a new policy proposed that restrict DK and FD but they would still be legal in Mass. Toothless restrictions imo.

Sharks can't play (good luck regulating that)
Beginner only contests
$1000/month/player limit Unless player can verify assets to be able to afford to lose more/month.
Gambling addiction assistance must be in all advertising.
Employees can't play (but they can get someone to play for them lol)
>21 yrs old.
Pro athletes, their families, team employees can't play
DK and FD can't extend credit to customers.
No advertising targeting minors.

Sec. of State Bill Galvin will review the changes for approval and they are expected to become law shortly after Jan. 1.

http://media.weei.com/a/111135938/n...-15.htm?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Also In October DraftKings hired former Mass. AG Martha Coakley as an advisor. Coakley was boss of current Mass. AG Maura Healey. Typical Massachusetts goings on...

Mass. has a new policy proposed that restrict DK and FD but they would still be legal in Mass. Toothless restrictions imo.

Sharks can't play (good luck regulating that)
Beginner only contests
$1000/month/player limit Unless player can verify assets to be able to afford to lose more/month.
Gambling addiction assistance must be in all advertising.
Employees can't play (but they can get someone to play for them lol)
>21 yrs old.
Pro athletes, their families, team employees can't play
DK and FD can't extend credit to customers.
No advertising targeting minors.

Sec. of State Bill Galvin will review the changes for approval and they are expected to become law shortly after Jan. 1.

http://media.weei.com/a/111135938/n...-15.htm?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Also In October DraftKings hired former Mass. AG Martha Coakley as an advisor. Coakley was boss of current Mass. AG Maura Healey. Typical Massachusetts goings on...

How much is Whitey Bulger's cut? :coffee:

Here's some friendly advice - next time you to to the beach, remember: The socks go in the FRONT. :coffee:

When I was 19 years old I put a huge sock in my boxers and answer the door knowing my neighbor who is a female was going to be there. She looked down and her mouth dropped. I walked around the kitchen got her a cup of coffee and she couldn't take her eyes off it. I said you want to see this don't you. And she said see what? You know.--> I pointed to my crotch. And I reach down and grab the sock and threw it at her and called her pervert. She call me a son of a bitch. ROFL

3 simple steps to tell of your gambling.
Are you paying for it
Is there a chance you can win a lot of money
3 can you lose a lot of money by keep playing it
If it involves all 3 of these things you are gambling
The lottery & scratch tickets are regulated by the state & federal government.

Tank up, dude.:high:

cannabiz-8255fca83103b6c6.jpg

Link

I love Native Roots! When my wife and I went to Denver, that was the first place I hit.

I love Native Roots! When my wife and I went to Denver, that was the first place I hit.

When a New Yorker talks about he and his wife coming to Denver to "hit" a place, this is the picture I see in my head:

MV5BMTQzNjI2NDY3MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMjE1OTk4._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

Judge shuts down DFS in New York

Posted by Mike Florio on December 11, 2015, 10:41 AM EST

[Editor’s note: FanDuel is an advertiser of PFT and PFT Live on NBC Sports Radio. Also, NBC Sports has an equity stake in FanDuel.]

In a move that eventually could cripple if not kill an entire industry, a judge in New York ruled on Friday that daily fantasy games violate New York law, and that companies like FanDuel and DraftKings must stop doing business there immediately, according to Reuters.

The ruling comes 16 days after a hearing on the effort by New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman to shut down the industry permanently, via a preliminary injunction stopping the games pending the outcome of the underlying litigation.

Judge Manuel Mendez’s decision to shutter daily fantasy while the court case proceeds suggests that Mendez eventually will issue a permanent injunction banning the games in New York. FanDuel had voluntarily stopped doing business in New York. DraftKings had continued, and a DraftKings lawyer told Reuters that the company will file an appeal and seek an immediate stay of the ruling.

The companies had been confident that Friday’s ruling would go the other way, based on November 25 oral arguments during which renowned attorney David Boies made a compelling case for allowing DFS to proceed in New York.

While legal under federal law, each of the 50 states can make its own decision about daily fantasy. Some states hope to regulate (and undoubtedly tax) the industry. Others simply have chosen to block it entirely.

The New York case is based on existing state law, which could be changed by a legislature that decides to permit daily fantasy, under circumstances that would result in New York getting a piece of what quickly had become a billion-dollar pie.

The rapid growth of daily fantasy, punctuated by a Cola War between the two leading companies that resulted in a flood of commercials and other advertisements early in the 2015 NFL season, made it a target for intense scrutiny. Friday’s ruling becomes the biggest loss yet in what has become, somewhat ironically, a daily fight for the existence of a pair of billion-dollar companies.

Back