Is the end of Fantasy Football?

I have no Idea how someone can not separate fantasy sports from real life game watching. I may joke around about it but the truth is when I am watching the Patriots I want the pats to win, that is all I want. I could have player on the other side but once my roster is set - I couldn't tell you every player on my team. I am not watching those players win, I am competing with my opponent and all I care about is waking up Tuesday with the victory.

You'd hate to hear my thoughts on all things fantasy football.

I actually don't really care at all because I enjoy it and it isn't going anywhere. So go right ahead!

I just like poking old codgers in the eye with sharp implements and hearing them shriek in outrage because: the new generation ruined football. :poke:

This despite the fact that I am now old. LOL

I have no Idea how someone can not separate fantasy sports from real life game watching. I may joke around about it but the truth is when I am watching the Patriots I want the pats to win, that is all I want. I could have player on the other side but once my roster is set - I couldn't tell you every player on my team. I am not watching those players win, I am competing with my opponent and all I care about is waking up Tuesday with the victory.

Compartmentalization.

That's the key. Put your mind into it ahead of time, focus on what you THINK will happen, not what you WANT to happen. And then let the games begin. Conflicts will arise, especially if you are in more than one league, so what? It's the nature of the beast. When a conflicts arises it's 1) What helps the Patriots first, 2) What helps the fantasy teams that have a shot at the cash second, 3) the rest of the fantasy endeavors last.

Unless of course it's Week 16 and you are in your fantasy Super Bowl and there's good money on the line. A cool G would feel awfully good burning a hole in my pocket as I prepare for the "real" playoffs. Luckily the Patriots have their seed pretty much wrapped up by then, but hey, sometimes you gotta win on the road if you're gonna be champion. :)

So, can we all agree on the following:

1. DK and FD are gambling sites
2. Fantasy Football isn't going anywhere soon
3. DK and FD need to stop with the lame-ass ads
4. These State AGs pretending to be up in arms about FF is nothing but a money grab

So, can we all agree on the following:

1. DK and FD are gambling sites
2. Fantasy Football isn't going anywhere soon
3. DK and FD need to stop with the lame-ass ads
4. These State AGs pretending to be up in arms about FF is nothing but a money grab

Lol, very succinct of you.

I actually don't really care at all because I enjoy it and it isn't going anywhere. So go right ahead!

I just like poking old codgers in the eye with sharp implements and hearing them shriek in outrage because: the new generation ruined football. :poke:

This despite the fact that I am now old. LOL

Look here you young whippersnapper any more lip from you and you will feel my cane on that hind end.

From PFT

NFL owners may have to dump investments in DFS companies

Posted by Mike Florio on November 13, 2015, 7:29 AM EST

[Editor’s note: FanDuel is an advertiser of PFT and PFT Live on NBC Sports Radio. Also, NBC Sports has an equity stake in FanDuel.]

With DraftKings and FanDuel being told by the New York Attorney General to cease and desist doing business in New York, the next step for the NFL could be telling its owners to relinquish their investments in businesses that are on the verge of being declared illegal gambling in the state where the league is headquartered.

According to the New York Post, owners like Jerry Jones of the Cowboys and Robert Kraft of the Patriots could be forced to sell their stakes in DraftKings if the efforts of A.G. Eric T. Schneiderman result in a finding that daily fantasy violates New York law.

Per the Post, the issue of NFL owners holding ownership interest in DFS companies could land on the agenda of the next ownership meeting, scheduled for December 2.

The Post also reports that the NFL, which helped lobby for the 2006 federal law that created the DFS industry, currently isn’t lobbying Congress on behalf of DraftKings and FanDuel.

Unlike other major sports leagues, the NFL itself resisted making an investment in DraftKings or FanDuel, a decision that a source with knowledge of the situation previously told PFT was personally made by Commissioner Roger Goodell. Last month, Goodell explained that, despite the federal endorsement of fantasy games, the 50 states have a say in what is and isn’t legal.

tates are the ones that make the determinations about whether something is legal or not legal,” Goodell said. “We follow the law and we will do that. It is not, from our standpoint and the league, we have not taken any equity positions. We have allowed this to happen on advertising. There are sponsorship opportunities in the stadium, but not with our logos and marks. We’re following other leagues in that case, in the sense that other leagues have taken equity positions. We feel that a cautious approach is the right way but we’re protecting our game.”

That cautious approach could include reversing course on the league’s conditional embrace of daily fantasy, if New York succeeds in its efforts to eject DraftKings and FanDuel from the state. It’s also possible that the NFL will pre-emptively sever ties with the industry, if the NFL believes that it’s only a matter of time before a majority of states determine that DFS games are gambling, which either should be banned from a given state or heavily regulated and taxed, like other forms of gambling.

My feeling is its 2015, for crying out loud. If we want to spend our money playing a game, and it's a game, with strategies and research, we should be able to do that. And the NY AG should utilize their resources on investigation and prosecution of actual crimes.

Greed.

They don't want it gone.

They want to legally leverage them into paying taxes.

Municipal Extortion.

Dude, we put people in cages here for having a plant in their possession.

Tank up, dude.:high:

cannabiz-8255fca83103b6c6.jpg

Link

So far the 3 states that have legalized weed are flush with cash, have lower crime, and significantly fewer instances of drunk driving.

Prohibition doesn't prevent drug use. It just doesn't. Legalize it all and set aside some of the tax money for treatment centers for people who get in over their heads.

I believe Portugal has done something similar to that and it's working quite well for them.

Not all of them........:coffee:

I believe scratch offs, daily numbers Plus horse racing is considered gambling isn't? I think mr. Schneiderman should go after those too.

Back