It's Cam!

I can't imagine any top FA receiver or TE wanting to sign to play with Cam. That is the worst part as we have to upgrade those positions.
Players love Cam. There will be plenty of big names that would love to play on a team with him.

There are? What big FAs did he get to come to Carolina?
I have no idea nor do I care to try doing the research. All I know is the interactions that I see between him and players across the NFL on social media. They just like the guy. :shrug-n:

Read the article. Appreciate what it means.

Can Cam hit open receivers this year?

They definitely have to make the playbook fit his playstyle a bit more this year. This time they have all offseason to do so. The biggest mistake was that they tried to make Cam into a pocket QB, and he really struggled. Early on when he had Edelman to rely on, he looked completely different. I'm hopeful that with two or three upgrades (a big play WR, a good 2nd option WR and a TE), and possibly a healthy Jules, he has to look better. If not then put a fork in him, sit him out and let the back up (hopefully a draft QB... or Stidham I guess) play it out.

They definitely have to make the playbook fit his playstyle a bit more this year. This time they have all offseason to do so. The biggest mistake was that they tried to make Cam into a pocket QB, and he really struggled. Early on when he had Edelman to rely on, he looked completely different. I'm hopeful that with two or three upgrades (a big play WR, a good 2nd option WR and a TE), and possibly a healthy Jules, he has to look better. If not then put a fork in him, sit him out and let the back up (hopefully a draft QB... or Stidham I guess) play it out.
If they play him like Taysom Hill...he might be much better.

I have no idea nor do I care to try doing the research. All I know is the interactions that I see between him and players across the NFL on social media. They just like the guy. :shrug-n:
Of course you don't because there aren't any and that was back when he could actually play.

Liking the guy is one thing, wanting to have him as your Qb is a different story. I mean do you want guys on our team that want to be here because they want to go hat shopping with him?

Ok, so I guess the implication is TB12 attracts WRs. So tell me please, what FA receivers actually came to the Pats because of TB12? (trades don't count, btw. trades are bc of BB.)
Seems to me the cupboard got bare while he was here.

Ok, so I guess the implication is TB12 attracts WRs. So tell me please, what FA receivers actually came to the Pats because of TB12? (trades don't count, btw. trades are bc of BB.)
Good heavens Chevvs. Are you serious with this? When Brady had a GM that actually was willing to spend and acquire guys Brady got Gronk to come out of retirement, AB, Fournette, Shady and Suh also resigned because of Brady.

Good heavens Chevvs. Are you serious with this? When Brady had a GM that actually was willing to spend and acquire guys Brady got Gronk to come out of retirement, AB, Fournette, Shady and Suh also resigned because of Brady.

100% serious.
You didn't answer the question, btw, which was "what FA receivers actually came to the Pats because of TB12?"
I guess Antonio Brown qualifies. Kudos to TB12 for that.

I can't think of anyone, can you?

100% serious.
You didn't answer the question, btw, which was "what FA receivers actually came to the Pats because of TB12?"
I guess Antonio Brown qualifies. Kudos to TB12 for that.

I can't think of anyone, can you?
Antonio Brown was a trade I think. Gordon too.

Stallworth, Washington, Hogan, LaFail, Ocho Stinko...I'd have to look. Not many though. Good question.

Last edited:
Antonio Brown was a trade I think. Gordon too.

Stallworth, Washington, Hogan, LaFail, Ocho Stinko...I'd have to look. Not many though. Good question.

Gordon was definitely a trade, AB was a free agent, Raiders released him

Reckon maybe Welker came to New England because of Brady? Moss was a trade.

Back