James White gone for the season.

Prometheus 441

Reaction score
After examination of White after suffering a hip injury last weekend against N.O., it was determined by medical professionals that it was likely that White would miss the rest of the season.How do you think this will impact the team this weekend and moving forward.Do we go RB shopping or just tuff it out ?

No way. Need a back. Apparently, they had a couple in today.

Awful news. Feel really bad for White.
We don't really have anyone to replace him because he is so unique. Taylor seems like the logical fit just depends if he can get on the field. Bolden is probably more likely.

The very first thing a RB has to show BB is that he's capable in pass protection. If he can't stuff a pass rush he can't play.

Love James, and I feel bad for him.
Who replaces him? No one. They will try get some of his production from several players.
I don't think that there is another player in the NFL that can do all the things James does, as well as James does them.

Bolden will see a lot of snaps in pass pro.
I can't help but wonder if Jonnu Smith might line up as a RB for both pass pro and ability to catch a pass on a wheel route.

I can't help but wonder if Jonnu Smith might line up as a RB for both pass pro and ability to catch a pass on a wheel route.
Had the same thought this morning. I know that in camp last month there was talk of that role for him.

But he hasn't shown the ability to do either of those things so far. 🤦‍♂️

It's too bad we can't find players like this guy.

It's too bad we can't find players like this guy.

The reason Sony played as a rookie, which is very rare for a RB on this team, is that he came out of Georgia as a competent pass blocker.

Rhamondre might be much bigger and stronger than Michel, but that whiff he threw at the Jets made it look like he never had to block
anybody at Oklahoma.

I should've known when Ivan Fears told us a few months back that Stevenson had a LONG way to go that he had a long way to go. The anger
he seemed to have over the rook made me wonder about his attitude, because it was like Fears had just about had it with the kid, but he
can definitely run.

BTW, if anybody watches Green Bay, check out A.J. Dillon blocking people. It's like watching people running into a telephone pole. Stevenson
has all the size and athletic ability to get the job done, but what we don't know is if he really has the want-to. That's what it is. It's 50% technique
and 50% sticking your face into an oncoming cannonball. Dillon looks like he loves leaving guys wobbly-legged and the word will get out-- don't
go straight at him or you're going to get rocked.

BTW, nobody was worse than James White when he was a rookie. He was an advanced pass-catcher right away, but that was it. He couldn't break a tackle or
block worth a damn. He was soft. It took a couple of years before he became a historically good Patriot who always does his job at a high level, makes clutch
plays and is a multi-year team captain that his teammates have great respect for.

Losing White, assuming this report is correct, is a major blow. I look forward to seeing what J.J. Taylor can do against the big boys. I like his chances of
making this loss hurt less.

Love James, and I feel bad for him.
Who replaces him? No one. They will try get some of his production from several players.
I don't think that there is another player in the NFL that can do all the things James does, as well as James does them.
It's a huge loss. Has to be frustrating to go from pouty Brady in 2019, to not a fit with slow Cam in 2020 and his awful personal 2020, now to this. His career could be over, at least what we known him to be.

Back