Jarrett Stidham Is Turning Heads

This is absurd.

While it is true about Father Time and athleticism Brady’s game is FAR more reliant on the mental acumen. The physical skills he uses to perform show no signs of significant decline, and it generally takes Father Time quite a few years to wear down the mental side. All other positions are far more vulnerable. But a cerebral QB who devotes as much time and energy to be at his utmost physical condition can go way longer than another year or 2.

The biggest obstacle he’ll face each off-season is his wife.

I had a friend who was 67 and an avid runner. A physical specimen. Sugar never crossed his lips. Had a yearly blood test and always normal and took no meds. He died of a massive heart attack.

The human body has limits and maybe genetics played a roll into my friends death , I don't know but. Father time does exist.
I have no doubt TB does everything right nutritionally with the best nutritional advisors known to man. but he's gonna wake up one day and say, Oh Shit!

I had a friend who was 67 and an avid runner. A physical specimen. Sugar never crossed his lips. Had a yearly blood test and always normal and took no meds. He died of a massive heart attack.

The human body has limits and maybe genetics played a roll into my friends death , I don't know but. Father time does exist.
I have no doubt TB does everything right nutritionally with the best nutritional advisors known to man. but he's gonna wake up one day and say, Oh Shit!

Nothing I said contradicts this.

Physically your right. Some day. But it’s not apparently soon. And his position is far more reliant on the mental. He’s the best ever mentally. That can last far longer than the physical.

Nutritionally and medically I’m sure he’s as fine-tuned as anyone we’ve ever heard of.

He is in very good shape, better shape than most of the QB's younger than him. Aaron Rodgers is falling apart and cannot stay healthy. Andrew Luck cannot even make it out of practice, there are humans that working harder than others and just have better genes.

He is in very good shape, better shape than most of the QB's younger than him. Aaron Rodgers is falling apart and cannot stay healthy. Andrew Luck cannot even make it out of practice, there are humans that working harder than others and just have better genes.

Also, he plays the only position other than kicker/punter which lends itself to what he's doing: Pocket passer who doesn't scramble or roll out often.

Add to that his great pocket awareness, where he almost never takes blindside hits and "knows how to fall", and you have a recipe for elite play at his age.

Jim Fixx was an elite runner who died of a heart attack in his prime, but he was a believer that exercise, especially running, overcame a bad diet. He had a horrible diet and it (and genetics as you say) killed him.

At Nerd Fitness (google it - fun way to get and stay fit) says, "You can't outrun your fork." They are referring to trying to lose weight by solely exercising rather than what and how much you eat, but the statement I think is apropos here.

I don't see a link in any way to Brady's age. In fact, the opposite. The genetics factor is obviously in Brady's favor.

I do call BS on the "sugar never crossed his lips" part though. Everyone has tasted sugar in one form or another.

This is absurd.

While it is true about Father Time and athleticism Brady’s game is FAR more reliant on the mental acumen. The physical skills he uses to perform show no signs of significant decline, and it generally takes Father Time quite a few years to wear down the mental side. All other positions are far more vulnerable. But a cerebral QB who devotes as much time and energy to be at his utmost physical condition can go way longer than another year or 2.

The biggest obstacle he’ll face each off-season is his wife.

Lol, it’s absurd that a guy who is 42 is staring at the inevitable Father Time? I understand you are a Brady honk but despite all the medications that exist, the human body at 45 isn’t the same as at 25 or 35. His wife has nothing whatsoever to do with it. If he goes down, his TB12 business will too. He can’t afford to turn into Favre or Manning at the end. This season or next at tops

Lol, it’s absurd that a guy who is 42 is staring at the inevitable Father Time? I understand you are a Patriots honk but despite all the medications that exist, the human body at 45 isn’t the same as at 25 or 35. His wife has nothing whatsoever to do with it. If he goes down, his TB12 business will too. He can’t afford to turn into Favre or Manning at the end. This season or next at tops
Poor Dwight. You think he's a Partriots honk and I think he can be unreasonably negative at times. :shrug: Poor guy can't win. Hopefully he doesn't give a shit what anyone else thinks. :toast:

EDIT: Besides, if anyone is a Patriots honk, it's me. I put the ATIC back onto FAN. Glass overflowing until proven otherwise. Makes for a fun, anticipatory time all year round, even in the early 90's I always believed in,"Wait until next year. No one has more joy, more delight, more fun following the Pats that I do."

Jim Fixx was an elite runner who died of a heart attack in his prime, but he was a believer that exercise, especially running, overcame a bad diet. He had a horrible diet and it (and genetics as you say) killed him.

At Nerd Fitness (google it - fun way to get and stay fit) says, "You can't outrun your fork." They are referring to trying to lose weight by solely exercising rather than what and how much you eat, but the statement I think is apropos here.

I don't see a link in any way to Brady's age. In fact, the opposite. The genetics factor is obviously in Brady's favor.

I do call BS on the "sugar never crossed his lips" part though. Everyone has tasted sugar in one form or another.

You can't eat food in America without there being sugar in it, unless you make everything yourself, and even then it's difficult. I get what he means in terms of "didn't drink soda or alcohol, eat candy or desserts or junk food", but even then everything from catsup to milk to you name it is loaded up with the stuff. And if you're on the ketogenic diet, often you're eating a ton of fat instead of sugar, which unless it's the right kind of fat can be just as bad if not worse for your heart

Although, I am suspicious. He collapsed while running, and iirc he was taken to Copley Hospital in Morrisville, VT and there pronounced dead. My uncle Rudy was one of several patients known to me with seemingly unnecessary bad results. Since Uncle Rudy passed in 1983 due to their seemingly gross negligence, we've referred to the Hospital as being the place "where stupid folk go to die."

Cheers

Lol, it’s absurd that a guy who is 42 is staring at the inevitable Father Time? I understand you are a Brady honk but despite all the medications that exist, the human body at 45 isn’t the same as at 25 or 35. His wife has nothing whatsoever to do with it. If he goes down, his TB12 business will too. He can’t afford to turn into Favre or Manning at the end. This season or next at tops

First, I’m not a Brady honk. I’ll be the first to call out a sick performance as I see fit. P71 can attest to that. Many an argument.

I am appreciative of his efforts and career. I admire his consistency. His discipline. His attitude. His effort.

Of course Father Time will catch him. Nobody escapes it. But to say he has 1 or 2 years tops means you aren’t watching what’s in front of you or you just don’t understand it. He’s in incredible physical condition. He’s dedicated to that. For him it’s an entire lifestyle. Not a job.

And his position and his alone on a football field is predicated mostly on the mental competence. There are 90 yr olds still sharp as tacks.

I’m a firm believer the greatest resistance to his playing career thru the next 5 years will be his wife. He’s overplayed his hand in her eyes already. That much has been made public countless times.

Poor Dwight. You think he's a Partriots honk and I think he can be unreasonably negative at times. :shrug: Poor guy can't win. Hopefully he doesn't give a shit what anyone else thinks. :toast:

EDIT: Besides, if anyone is a Patriots honk, it's me. I put the ATIC back onto FAN. Glass overflowing until proven otherwise. Makes for a fun, anticipatory time all year round, even in the early 90's I always believed in,"Wait until next year. No one has more joy, more delight, more fun following the Pats that I do."

Middie is Brady's [OFFICIAL] fluffer...no one will topple his ranking for that. :coffee:

First, I’m not a Brady honk. I’ll be the first to call out a sick performance as I see fit. P71 can attest to that. Many an argument.

I am appreciative of his efforts and career. I admire his consistency. His discipline. His attitude. His effort.

Of course Father Time will catch him. Nobody escapes it. But to say he has 1 or 2 years tops means you aren’t watching what’s in front of you or you just don’t understand it. He’s in incredible physical condition. He’s dedicated to that. For him it’s an entire lifestyle. Not a job.

And his position and his alone on a football field is predicated mostly on the mental competence. There are 90 yr olds still sharp as tacks.

I’m a firm believer the greatest resistance to his playing career thru the next 5 years will be his wife. He’s overplayed his hand in her eyes already. That much has been made public countless times.

Its not really about if I think he can or cannot. I think he has already did something that is not of the norm as far as playing well at this age, but I just do not want the end to come and then suddenly its a big dramatic blowup that turns the Patriots world on end, or in other words, fans and media overreact like they do about everything. If he leaves on top with a big flowery send off, it will be hard for people to make click stories and spend 9 weeks talking about, man did you see how bad he was in that one game when he was 47 and fell and broke his hip?

I like the endgame story, that's all. Brady is not really in the same category but its awful watching a player struggle to hang on to keep leaving past glories, because despite it being taboo to some, I am a Brady fan, and want his end to be at least somewhat a good thing to all that saw him, rather than a media blowup of he said he said, and what is really going on shit.

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

Middie is Brady's [OFFICIAL] fluffer...no one will topple his ranking for that. :coffee:

the state of being obsessed with someone or something.
"she cared for him with a devotion bordering on obsession"
an idea or thought that continually preoccupies or intrudes on a person's mind.
plural noun: obsessions
"he was in the grip of an obsession he was powerless to resist"
synonyms:
fixation, ruling/consuming passion, passion, mania, idée fixe, compulsion, preoccupation, enthusiasm, infatuation, addiction, fetish, craze, hobby horse;

Its not really about if I think he can or cannot. I think he has already did something that is not of the norm as far as playing well at this age, but I just do not want the end to come and then suddenly its a big dramatic blowup that turns the Patriots world on end, or in other words, fans and media overreact like they do about everything. If he leaves on top with a big flowery send off, it will be hard for people to make click stories and spend 9 weeks talking about, man did you see how bad he was in that one game when he was 47 and fell and broke his hip?

I like the endgame story, that's all. Brady is not really in the same category but its awful watching a player struggle to hang on to keep leaving past glories, because despite it being taboo to some, I am a Brady fan, and want his end to be at least somewhat a good thing to all that saw him, rather than a media blowup of he said he said, and what is really going on shit.

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

the state of being obsessed with someone or something.
"she cared for him with a devotion bordering on obsession"
an idea or thought that continually preoccupies or intrudes on a person's mind.
plural noun: obsessions
"he was in the grip of an obsession he was powerless to resist"
synonyms:
fixation, ruling/consuming passion, passion, mania, idée fixe, compulsion, preoccupation, enthusiasm, infatuation, addiction, fetish, craze, hobby horse;

Loved Willie Mays. Watching lowlights of his farewell tour was beyond painful.
It should never been allowed to happen, but he chose...

Brady is too proud for that.

He’s said it. When he sucks he’ll quit.

He won’t let pride get in the way.

Brady is too proud for that.

He’s said it. When he sucks he’ll quit.

He won’t let pride get in the way.

I agree. Look, this past season was a "down" year for him, he still threw 3x more TDs than INTs, and more than usual INTs were tipped balls or off the receivers hands. Still won the SB.

Pinch me if I ever have a down year like that.

If he starts to look terrible, can we talk about it then? The problem I have is all these mind-reading predictions about "1 or 2 years, tops", because "Father Time", or whatever? That's argument by platitude, which is dumb.

He should play as long as he's enjoying it AND still really good at it. Have you watched the guy? Why are we assuming (barring injury) that the same thing is automatically going to happen to him that happened to other guys? Nobody's had a great QB season at age 43. Two guys have been good at 42. Anyone want to bet against him? I won't.

I agree. Look, this past season was a "down" year for him, he still threw 3x more TDs than INTs, and more than usual INTs were tipped balls or off the receivers hands. Still won the SB.

Pinch me if I ever have a down year like that.

If he starts to look terrible, can we talk about it then? The problem I have is all these mind-reading predictions about "1 or 2 years, tops", because "Father Time", or whatever? That's argument by platitude, which is dumb.

He should play as long as he's enjoying it AND still really good at it. Have you watched the guy? Why are we assuming (barring injury) that the same thing is automatically going to happen to him that happened to other guys? Nobody's had a great QB season at age 43. Two guys have been good at 42. Anyone want to bet against him? I won't.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Stidham made a few rookie mistakes vs the Titans last night but overall I thought he continued his rapid progress. That back shoulder to Patterson was beautiful to watch.

Stidham made a few rookie mistakes vs the Titans last night but overall I thought he continued his rapid progress. That back shoulder to Patterson was beautiful to watch.
Yeah, the red zone pass to the right side of the goal line gave me a flashback to TB12, Troy Brown, and Champ Bailey. Woof.

I agree. He's been waaayyyyy better than we could've expected, especially in terms of his command and ability to hit somebody other than the primary target.

Kyler Murray threw the ball great last week against Oakland in early action, but he was locking on his first read every time and still beat the coverage. Stidham hasn't been guilty of that much, if at all.

If I was going to cherry pick something Stidham needs to improve on, I'd say that his accuracy is really good and he throws a "catchable ball", but sometimes you need to really gun it in there to prevent your WR from getting blown up. I'm not yet sure of his velocity, but every young QB needs to learn to improve his judgement and adjust to NFL DB speed, so it's not like it's a major problem. Hoyer has been throwing late lollipops for his entire career.

Case in point for Stidham was a throw to Izzo who caught the ball and then immediately got stuck hard down by the knees causing a minor hyperextension (what it looked like-- not sure). There have been a few other examples, but overall the kid has been tremendous.

Back