Jerry Angelo Rips Belichick

All of this.

If you say a head coach messed up in the offseason building the roster, you are not exactly giving him praise...you are saying he messed up. Now...what did BB mess up exactly? The pieces were there, and then they were not. So if you put all the pieces there and all of the sudden people are getting hurt, getting suspended, etc, then the pieces are not there, you blame the coach?

If you say a head coach messed up in the offseason building the roster, you are not exactly giving him praise...you are saying he messed up. Now...what did BB mess up exactly? The pieces were there, and then they were not. So if you put all the pieces there and all of the sudden people are getting hurt, getting suspended, etc, then the pieces are not there, you blame the coach?

He messed up by not extending Woodhead. He messed up by signing Amendola to that contract. He should have tried to sign a power or small forward basketball player then convert him to tight end. A couple of them. He should have signed... :coffee:

This is such a fond memory, when hope and expectations were set for 2013:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/D8zVamGkGlU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The game vs Detroit tempered enthusiasm, but who could have predicted how it would all play out in the end?

He messed up by not extending Woodhead. He messed up by signing Amendola to that contract. He should have tried to sign a power or small forward basketball player then convert him to tight end. A couple of them. He should have signed... :coffee:

Ok, I will ask again, since nobody answered it....your answer to saving the season was extending Woodhead and not signing Amendola....then none of the injuries happen, Gronk plays all year, the rookies all bust out and not get injuries and our Defense is in tact.

Ok, I will ask again, since nobody answered it....your answer to saving the season was extending Woodhead and not signing Amendola....then none of the injuries happen, Gronk plays all year, the rookies all bust out and not get injuries and our Defense is in tact.

The season could have been better if AHole was arrested before FA and the draft.

You can debate the points raised, but it's not a rip job.

The season could have been better if AHole was arrested before FA and the draft.

This is part of my point....if Ahern didnt kill people if Gronk did not get hurt, if the rookies did not have some injuries if amendola did not get hurt, if our defense did not lose a ton of players, but the attack in the story is.....Bill's system, the players he picked, and what he did wrong. Its easy to say, hey we are going to go get some all pro wideouts who do not get injured put them on offense and then put amazing defensive players that can all run any type of defense that best fits whoever they play.

You can debate the points raised, but it's not a rip job.

You are using semantics here to try to make a point....he is basically saying BB did a bad job this offseason, so what you call that does not really matter to the point of the thread, as I said, the rip job did not come from me, it came from the article.

You are using semantics here to try to make a point....he is basically saying BB did a bad job this offseason, so what you call that does not really matter to the point of the thread, as I said, the rip job did not come from me, it came from the article.

He could have done a lot better to address the situation. That was Jerry's complaint. He had a point.

I don't think he was trying to rip so much as critique BB.

Regardless of how good his coaching was this season and we know that he could not have foreseen the TE situation, he still left the WR core in a dismal state for far too long and it came back to bite him. The article basically claims that the offense was designed around having AHren, Gronk and DA healthy and productive, and that there was almost no viable backup plan because the team's remaining passing attack was mediocre at best. Instead, the next best strength was running the ball.

I don't think everything he says can be discounted, but he's also not being very realistic about his expectations. Denver has a ridiculous amount of talent on offense, much more than most teams, and could stand to lose 2-3 players and still field an average level of talent.

Very few teams could lose 2 of their best players (around which the offense is built) and remain competitive, nor would many have legit backup plans at other positions the way Denver does.

It came from your intepretation of the article, which is that anything less gratuitous ballwashing is as slam on dear Bill.

It came from your intepretation of the article, which is that anything less gratuitous ballwashing is as slam on dear Bill.

I gave my reasons why I disagreed with the article....which is more than you have done except attack me since you have been on it. If you agree with or disagree with the article which I did not ****ing write then give those reasons.

I gave my reasons why I disagreed with the article....which is more than you have done except attack me since you have been on it. If you agree with or disagree with the article which I did not ****ing write then give those reasons.

I don't think people disagree with the article. However people seem to disagree with your interpretation of the article.

To some of us, pointing out a mistake is not the same as ripping someone.

I don't think he was trying to rip so much as critique BB.

Regardless of how good his coaching was this season and we know that he could not have foreseen the TE situation, he still left the WR core in a dismal state for far too long and it came back to bite him. The article basically claims that the offense was designed around having AHren, Gronk and DA healthy and productive, and that there was almost no viable backup plan because the team's remaining passing attack was mediocre at best. Instead, the next best strength was running the ball.

I don't think everything he says can be discounted, but he's also not being very realistic about his expectations. Denver has a ridiculous amount of talent on offense, much more than most teams, and could stand to lose 2-3 players and still field an average level of talent.

Very few teams could lose 2 of their best players (around which the offense is built) and remain competitive, nor would many have legit backup plans at other positions the way Denver does.

Good points, I just think while some of his points were good, some of his points were not because the reason a lot of the things he is saying failed was because of situations that were not related to what Belichick did. That was only point on the article....

I don't think people disagree with the article. However people seem to disagree with your interpretation of the article.

To some of us, pointing out a mistake is not the same as ripping someone.

The get a hold of who wrote this article and titled it ripping and then you can go after them....I copied what the title of the article was. I did not interpret the article, I said what points in the article I disagree with, and so far nobody has said why any of the points I made are incorrect.

The get a hold of who wrote this article and titled it ripping and then you can go after them....I copied what the title of the article was. I did not interpret the article, I said what points in the article I disagree with, and so far nobody has said why any of the points I made are incorrect.

Umm . . . It wasn't titled ripping. That was something you said.

The title was: "Jerry Angelo Criticizes Bill Belichick for the Patriots 2013 Season"
http://expatsfootball.com/posts/49983

:shrug:

Umm . . . It wasn't titled ripping. That was something you said.

The title was: "Jerry Angelo Criticizes Bill Belichick for the Patriots 2013 Season"
http://expatsfootball.com/posts/49983

:shrug:

It was a facebook entry, from ex-pats who I subscribe to, they wrote that on the article piece, they did that because....

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/former_bears_gm_rips_bill_belichick/15643529

http://www.nepatriotslife.com/2014/01/former-bears-gm-rips-bill-belichick.html

http://teamleaks.com/Chicago-Bears/former-bears-gm-rips-bill-belichick/

As I said, we are seriously deal with semantics here....which kind of took away from the discussion.

I thought praising his coaching job in 2013 and agreeing with Cowhers assessment that BB was the best coach ever was actually rather complimentary.
Critiquing personnel decisions or not surrounding TB with enough talent is reasonable. One does not have to agree. And I am pretty sure that if anyone rips TB that's exactly the position the OP takes.

I thought praising his coaching job in 2013 and agreeing with Cowhers assessment that BB was the best coach ever was actually rather complimentary.
Critiquing personnel decisions or not surrounding TB with enough talent is reasonable. One does not have to agree. And I am pretty sure that if anyone rips TB that's exactly the position the OP takes.

Who said you had to agree? You began going after me instead of discussing the article....But that is pretty much you MO anyway.

Back