Jerry Angelo Rips Belichick

Wasn't the article saying the EXACT same thing most of the forum ( including the unmentionable) was saying all offseason? That the Patriots needed more offensive weapons?

I don't think he was trying to rip so much as critique BB.

Regardless of how good his coaching was this season and we know that he could not have foreseen the TE situation, he still left the WR core in a dismal state for far too long and it came back to bite him. The article basically claims that the offense was designed around having AHren, Gronk and DA healthy and productive, and that there was almost no viable backup plan because the team's remaining passing attack was mediocre at best. Instead, the next best strength was running the ball.

I don't think everything he says can be discounted, but he's also not being very realistic about his expectations. Denver has a ridiculous amount of talent on offense, much more than most teams, and could stand to lose 2-3 players and still field an average level of talent.

Very few teams could lose 2 of their best players (around which the offense is built) and remain competitive, nor would many have legit backup plans at other positions the way Denver does.

The colts did. Remain competitve that is. The pats also were competitve.

Now losing top players & being able to advance to the SB is a different story.

All I'm saying is that if TB were my qb & I knew his days are counting down, I would do everything I could to get him at least one go to weapon besides an often injured TE.

Wasn't the article saying the EXACT same thing most of the forum ( including the unmentionable) was saying all offseason? That the Patriots needed more offensive weapons?

Yes Jaric, but not because BB failed to get them, because they were injured or in jail.....

Quit ripping on Belichick.

:coffee:

Typical Bullshit...Jaric can call me an idiot on the board and all is well, I put the word ripped into the thread title that was also on 3 other articles and I get this BS the entire thread....

All I'm saying is that if TB were my qb & I knew his days are counting down, I would do everything I could to get him at least one go to weapon besides an often injured TE.

Who were the two best players the colts lost?

Typical Bullshit...Jaric can call me an idiot on the board and all is well, I put the word ripped into the thread title that was also on 3 other articles and I get this BS the entire thread....

If you feel you are treated unfairly here, you could always find another message board to infest.

If you feel you are treated unfairly here, you could always find another message board to infest.

But then who could you call an idiot and not have to face the same thing all others would get for doing so?

Yeah, all this.

Starting rb- Vick Ballard

Starting TE- Dwayne Allen

Starting WR- Reggie Wayne

Also the loss of RB Ahmad Bradshaw & starting OG Donald Thomas.

The loss of Thomas really hurt.

Allen too. Not just as a receiving option but as a run blocker too.

Allen too. Not just as a receiving option but as a run blocker too.

"Starting rb- Vick Ballard

The loss of Thomas really hurt."

"Starting rb- Vick Ballard

The loss of Thomas really hurt."

Sigh. Was responding directly to the "loss of Thomas really hurt."

Edit: Idiot

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HiIZLDeMOg0?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I love that scene...

You're forgetting that they also went out and got him an often injured WR. What more could you want?

:huh:

Back