Jets Sideline Staffer Intentionally Trips MIA Gunner on Return - Video

Fully Tilted

GhostGronk
Reaction score
I know this has been talked about but I expect this to be reviewed by the league and punished-hopefully severely.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/h32GjasxOvU" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Talk about cheap and dirty play.

There was a still frame posted in the game thread, but that is just terrible. You don't think it is going to be on camera, you idiot?

I don't get how any one can say the Patriots are a classless organization after NYJ has people tripping players on the sideline. That's just a shame.

Wow, their season in headed down the crapper AND they're cheating cheaters who cheat...and still can't win!

It was their strength and conditioning coach.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5913168

During the New York Jets 10-6 win against the Miami Dolphins on Sunday afternoon, the Jets' strength and conditioning coach intentionally tripped Miami cornerback Nolan Carroll as he ran out of bounds on punt coverage.

The rookie fell to the turf while running down the sideline, and the Jets' Sal Alosi later admitted he interfered with Carroll.

"I made a mistake that showed a total lapse in judgment," Alsoi said in a statement. "My conduct was inexcusable and unsportsmanlike and does not reflect what this organization stands for. I spoke to Coach [Tony] Sparano and Nolan Carroll to apologize before they took off. I have also apologized to Woody [Johnson], Mike [Tannenbaum] and Rex [Ryan]. I accept responsibility for my actions as well as any punishment that follows."

Quotes from the Dolphins from the link in the post above:

"They're cheaters," Dolphins inside linebacker Channing Crowder said. "They do what they do. They cheat. They talk junk. But we beat the hell out of them today.

"I wish they'd tripped me. I'd have broken that old man's leg. I didn't see anything. He stuck his leg out and tripped him? He should be ashamed of himself. A grown man from the coaching staff? That's high character."

Running back Ricky Williams said: "It's the Jets right? We're not surprised."

Dolphins head coach Tony Sparano said he would submit the play to the NFL for a review.

"There was a player down on the sideline, and that's not good," Sparano said. "We're trying to take care of players in this game."

Dolphins defensive end Kendall Langford said of the trip: "That was bad. Unfortunately, he had to do that, and he really could have hurt Nolan. He could have ended his career with that. I think maybe somebody needs to do something about that as far as the league goes. I think he should get fined. We get fined for illegal stuff. Why can't the coaches?"

Upon seeing a photo of Alosi's trip, Dolphins inside linebacker Karlos Dansby called for a suspension or even a permanent dismissal.

"Four games? The rest of the season? Suspend him, man," Dansby said. "Get him up out of there. He's got to go, bringing down a whole organization like that. That's sad. You don't do a man like that.

I can't believe what I saw. Great to be a Jets fan, your season is 3/4 of the way down the crapper, you're the laughing stock of the NFL, and now the whole country sees this sleazy play... it must hurt to turn on ESPN. |
Just End The Season now.

Hey, dont send him here. Send him up north. Seriously tho, you must be mistaken, the Jests never cheat. They're a very upstanding bunch of losers. I'm very happy for the Homers over at Jets Insider. Couldn't happen to a better buch of #$%&*'s :jester:

From Pro Football Talk:

Sal Alosi apologizes, will accept “any punishment”

We’ve heard a few suggestions that the intentional trip by Jets strength & conditioning coach Sal Alosi on Sunday wasn’t that big of a deal. A media creation. That’s a ridiculous notion. The Jets clearly know it’s a big deal and the league will have their say soon enough.

Alosi released a statement on Sunday night, after the Jets already apologized for the incident. “I made a mistake that showed a total lapse in judgment. My conduct was inexcusable and unsportsmanlike and does not reflect what this organization stands for. I spoke to Coach Sparano and Nolan Carroll to apologize before they took off. I have also apologized to Woody [Johnson], Mike [Tannebaum and Rex [Ryan.] I accept responsibility for my actions as well as any punishment that follows.”

Miami players and media are calling for Alosi to be fired. That seems unlikely considering Ryan’s reported respect for Alosi. We think the act deserves a league suspension, and we suspect that’s what will happen.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/12/sal-alosi-apologizes-will-accept-any-punishment/

As it's the Jets, that's probably right. If it were the Broncos, they'd fire the guy. If it were the Pats, they'd take away our 1st round draft pick.

What a coward. He wanted to be part of the game so you internally struck out his knee. It time for the commish to come down hard of this Bum suspend. HIm for a week or 2.

Seeing a big mouth desperate Jets team suffer makes me happy in my pants...

Who can blame the guy?

I'm serious people, this poor guy spends all day, seven days a week trying to get sand filled vajayjays to lift weights, stretch hammies, run laps ...

Can you imagine the tears he has to deal with?

The screams of agony?

The long convoluted excuses for failure?

The temper tantrums?

Pouting in the corners and on the bench?

It's a wonder this man hasn't snapped before this. He has my sympathy, even though he's working for an ultra-classy organization, a multiple regular season Super Bowl Champion Team, the gold standard of the NFL, it's tragic, truly sad. :sulk:

A full article on the matter from NFL.com

The Miami Dolphins want the NFL to review an incident on Sunday in which a New York Jets staff member tripped a Dolphins player running down the sideline during Miami's 10-6 win at the New Meadowlands Stadium, the Sun-Sentinel reported.

Miami cornerback Nolan Carroll was sprinting down the field in punt coverage in the third quarter when the Jets employee -- later identified as strength and conditioning coach Sal Alosi -- stuck out his knee, upending Carroll. The special teamer was shaken up on the play, remaining on the Jets' sideline a couple of minutes. He later returned to the game.

A contrite Alosi released a statement through the team late Sunday.

"I made a mistake that showed a total lapse in judgment," the statement read. "My conduct was inexcusable and unsportsmanlike and does not reflect what this organization stands for. I spoke to Coach Sparano and Nolan Carroll to apologize before they took off.

"I have also apologized to (Jets owner) Woody (Johnson), (general manager) Mike (Tannenbaum) and (coach) Rex (Ryan). I accept responsibility for my actions as well as any punishment that follows."

"That is so dirty," Dolphins linebacker Karlos Dansby said after seeing a snapshot of the incident. "Come on man. That's dirty! It all trickles down hill. Their head coach opened a can of worms over there, and now he's got to fix it. It's sad. There's no place for that in football. Hopefully they'll be fined for it. I'll leave it up to the league."

Outspoken Dolphins linebacker Channing Crowder had his own take on the play.

"I wish they would have tripped me. I would have broken his leg."

Carroll, who had an interception in the first quarter, said he was not angry about the incident.

Ryan said during his postgame press conference that he was unaware of the situation until informed by the team's director of media relations after the loss. Ryan said the Jets would investigate the matter.

Sadly, knowing Goodell, little to none will happen to the NYJ.
:lame:

The guy made a mistake, owned up, said he was sorry to the guy he tripped, is willing to accept punishment. Why the witch hunt? Ray Lewis involvled in a murder, Vick and his dogs, Rothliesberger and women.

Keep it in perspective. He tripped a guy.

He shouldn't have. Fine him, don't burn him on a cross.

Back