Johnny Manziel wants to play for the Pats..

So you like the idea now?

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

Saw this a mile down the road.

No.

Brainah.

So you like the idea now?

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

Saw this a mile down the road.

No.

Brainah.

Nick Caserio attends Louisville pro day to probably scout QB Lamar Jackson

http://www.weei.com/blogs/ryan-hann...ville-pro-day-probably-scout-qb-lamar-jackson

It may be down to Jackson vs Manziel, if either, at this point. Sending Caserio to check out Jackson is a pretty big deal; no other scout would do.

Doesnt this team have enough issues to deal with, without getting the media off by bringing this guy in? With any player that has major distractions, are they good enough to make it worth it....sorry he isnt.

Whoever brings Manziel in is going to get crap from the media wondering why they didn't give Kaepernick a shot instead.

Nick Caserio attends Louisville pro day to probably scout QB Lamar Jackson

http://www.weei.com/blogs/ryan-hann...ville-pro-day-probably-scout-qb-lamar-jackson

It may be down to Jackson vs Manziel, if either, at this point. Sending Caserio to check out Jackson is a pretty big deal; no other scout would do.

This is almost a no brainer too.

Been thinking a lot about this recently.

What we have is nearly impossible to duplicate. Tall, pocket passer. Exceptional decision making. Ultra cerebral. Incredible accuracy. It’s the white whale of modern football.

However, the Manziel, RGIII, Wilson, Watson, Bridgewater, JG, Alex Smith, etc are a dime a dozen. What sense does it make to stay with an offense in the future that is going to be difficult to run without that guy at QB?

Are we at a crossroad where we will implement a change of offensive system due to the availability of the players coming out at QB?

We did it on D, where the 3-4 DE was never making itself available picking high 20 low 30 year after year.

I wonder if the tectonic plates in Foxboro are changing.

I don’t know enough of him to make that judgement.

It kind of ties in to the convo jaric and I had last week regarding CTE. At what point do you account for a brain that’s not functioning in a traditional normal manner?

Maybe decisions of yore that were made by him seemed perfectly rational to a non treated bipolar mind. I’m not familiar enough to know. But if he is correctly diagnosed and medicated and now his decision process seems cleaned up and more mainstream then why not at least kick the tires? Cost is nothing. Gain COULD be huge.
I'm bipolar. Diagnosed at about 26, and it took a solid 3-4 years to get to the right cocktail of meds. Next month is the ten year anniversary of my last prescription change, y'all! Life changing doesn't begin to describe it. You still have your demons, any addictions ("self-medicating" is the rule, not the exception) still lurk, but it's manageable and, just as important, the introspection required to get from A to B is amazingly valuable.
--------------------
It's totally normal behavior. It would be textbook, except there probably aren't enough cases of mania + fame + that kind of cash to throw around to provide enough case studies to write one. Folks with BPD are famous for horrific money decisions. I know finance better'n most, was NASD (at the time) licensed coming out of school. At age 23(?) I was up all night in a mania, and was pretty sure I'd found a market inefficiency. The next morning I made the call and traded some options. I realized my misread too late and managed to lose $20k, most of it credit. Not great for my work-rep, either, so the pain to my future family was well over the $20k.
------------------------
Anyway, yes, I have a dog in this fight - I want to see him succeed. And if he's going to succeed, I want it to be here. There are a few things that concern me about his recovery, but I'm not going to throw shade at a clear eyed attempt to do anything against odds this long. Do it to it, Johnny Football. It looks like you might have worked hard enough, and been lucky enough, to earn the ultra rare NFL Second Chance. There won't be a third. There ain't no net...so don't bother looking down.
----------------------------
"I am not afraid. I was born to do this."

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Visualizing your goal is the most impt step to getting to your goal.

DZfiftAXkAI6RQr.jpg

I'm bipolar. Diagnosed at about 26, and it took a solid 3-4 years to get to the right cocktail of meds. Next month is the ten year anniversary of my last prescription change, y'all! Life changing doesn't begin to describe it. You still have your demons, any addictions ("self-medicating" is the rule, not the exception) still lurk, but it's manageable and, just as important, the introspection required to get from A to B is amazingly valuable.
--------------------
It's totally normal behavior. It would be textbook, except there probably aren't enough cases of mania + fame + that kind of cash to throw around to provide enough case studies to write one. Folks with BPD are famous for horrific money decisions. I know finance better'n most, was NASD (at the time) licensed coming out of school. At age 23(?) I was up all night in a mania, and was pretty sure I'd found a market inefficiency. The next morning I made the call and traded some options. I realized my misread too late and managed to lose $20k, most of it credit. Not great for my work-rep, either, so the pain to my future family was well over the $20k.
------------------------
Anyway, yes, I have a dog in this fight - I want to see him succeed. And if he's going to succeed, I want it to be here. There are a few things that concern me about his recovery, but I'm not going to throw shade at a clear eyed attempt to do anything against odds this long. Do it to it, Johnny Football. It looks like you might have worked hard enough, and been lucky enough, to earn the ultra rare NFL Second Chance. There won't be a third. There ain't no net...so don't bother looking down.
----------------------------
"I am not afraid. I was born to do this."

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

It’s one thing to be an addict and battle addiction. It’s an altogether different thing to overcome a brain that functions in a different manner. Bravo for finding your way.

This is almost a no brainer too.

Been thinking a lot about this recently.

What we have is nearly impossible to duplicate. Tall, pocket passer. Exceptional decision making. Ultra cerebral. Incredible accuracy. It’s the white whale of modern football.

However, the Manziel, RGIII, Wilson, Watson, Bridgewater, JG, Alex Smith, etc are a dime a dozen. What sense does it make to stay with an offense in the future that is going to be difficult to run without that guy at QB?

Are we at a crossroad where we will implement a change of offensive system due to the availability of the players coming out at QB?

We did it on D, where the 3-4 DE was never making itself available picking high 20 low 30 year after year.

I wonder if the tectonic plates in Foxboro are changing.

Having to worry about QB health weekly because we now have a QB that leaves the pocket frequently is not really something I would look forward to. Having Brady ready to go every week is one of the most underrated aspects of the run the pats have had.

Having to worry about QB health weekly because we now have a QB that leaves the pocket frequently is not really something I would look forward to. Having Brady ready to go every week is one of the most underrated aspects of the run the pats have had.

I agree TBs consistency to be in the lineup is paramount to this run. But that is even harder to replace.

To try and find his next version is an exercise in futility imo.

I agree TBs consistency to be in the lineup is paramount to this run. But that is even harder to replace.

To try and find his next version is an exercise in futility imo.

For sure, but the running Qb usually does not last long in the NFL. Even Rodgers who is not really a running QB but does run more than some is hurt quite a bit. Its a fun offense, but not sure it works better than the pocket QB. I am ok with getting out of trouble, but the designed runs or run after your first progression, I just have not seen those guys last long. I am not sure Manziel would do what they don't want him to do, but he seems like a guy that would take risks quite often.

For sure, but the running Qb usually does not last long in the NFL. Even Rodgers who is not really a running QB but does run more than some is hurt quite a bit. Its a fun offense, but not sure it works better than the pocket QB. I am ok with getting out of trouble, but the designed runs or run after your first progression, I just have not seen those guys last long. I am not sure Manziel would do what they don't want him to do, but he seems like a guy that would take risks quite often.

But getting those types sure seems a lot easier. TB types aren’t out there. So why continue with an offense whose most critical piece is extremely difficult to find?

Get Manziel and maybe two similar QBs to insulate your offense and play the odds they ALL won’t be knocked out for the season.

I think its a very low to no risk move with potential for upside so if the money is right (aka nothing guaranteed) I say take a flier. If he sucks or slips up he is cut, simple as that

Only way it happens. If he impresses Bb will his knowledge of game & Playbook . Something he didn't care about in Cleveland .

Back