Josh Brown

TipRoast

The years teach much which the days never know.
Reaction score
Goodell is a very poor public speaker. Here he is babbling at yesterday's press conference:
The babbling is just getting started.

I'm looking forward to this week when he has to address the Josh Brown issue and explain how the league didn't mishandle it in exactly the same fashion as they did the Ray Rice debacle.

The babbling is just getting started.

I'm looking forward to this week when he has to address the Josh Brown issue and explain how the league didn't mishandle it in exactly the same fashion as they did the Ray Rice debacle.

This Josh Brown incident has the potential to explode with the women's DA groups getting involved again.

This Josh Brown incident has the potential to explode with the women's DA groups getting involved again.

From PFT:

Documents show Josh Brown admitted to physically, emotionally abusing his ex-wife

Posted by Zac Jackson on October 19, 2016, 8:28 PM EDT

Giants kicker Josh Brown has admitted to physically and emotionally abusing his now ex-wife, according to documents obtained and shared by SNY.Tv.

The confessions SNY shared Wednesday came from journals and emails turned over to police by Molly Brown after her ex-husband was arrested in May 2015 and charged with a fourth-degree domestic violence assault.

The Kings County (Wash.) Sherriff released 165 pages of documents related to its investigation regarding Brown’s arrest and other allegations. As previously reported, those documents show more than 20 instances of alleged domestic abuse.

Among the admissions SNY’s report revealed were Brown writing in 2013 that he had “physically, verbally and emotionally abused my wife,” that he had “controlled her by making her feel less human than me, and manipulated her with money” and that he had “disregarded [his] stepsons’ feelings and they have witnessed me abusing their mother.”

Brown was suspended for the first game of this season for violating the NFL’s personal conduct policy. A violation of the league’s domestic violence policy would constitute a six-game suspension.

Brown was also cited last year for violating a protective order. The Giants have acknowledged that they knew about Brown’s domestic violence arrest when it happened but allowed him to play all last year and re-signed him in the offseason.

No it won't.

And I can't wait to hear Goodell say the same thing he said about Ray Rice.

"We tried but just couldn't seem to get a copy of the evidence."

"Well, we sent an email, but never got a reply."

"We can't do anything about the past, but we can learn and move forward."

No it won't.

And I can't wait to hear Goodell say the same thing he said about Ray Rice.

"We tried but just couldn't seem to get a copy of the evidence."

"Well, we sent an email, but never got a reply."

"We can't do anything about the past, but we can learn and move forward."

????

The police have his journal that both the police and the league read.

Do we know that the League read it?

Yes the journal was part of the investigation by the PD and the league. The reason why he was not punished more severely by the PD and the league is because his wife did not testify against him. They had this journal the whole time but said because his wife was not co-operative enough, they would not punish him. I really have no idea why the NFL even gave him one game based on their explanation. That looks worse right now than if they had not punished him at all. Just like giving Rice the 2 games. Of course now there is the DV policy of 6 games so like I said we will see what the women DV groups do. They were very vocal during the Rice saga.

This quote is unreal from Brown.

"I viewed myself as God basically and she was my slave.”

Yes the journal was part of the investigation by the PD and the league. The reason why he was not punished more severely by the PD and the league is because his wife did not testify against him. They had this journal the whole time but said because his wife was not co-operative enough, they would not punish him. I really have no idea why the NFL even gave him one game based on their explanation. That looks worse right now than if they had not punished him at all. Just like giving Rice the 2 games. Of course now there is the DV policy of 6 games so like I said we will see what the women DV groups do. They were very vocal during the Rice saga.

I'm not defending the League in ANY way, but I haven't read anything that says the League had access to the journal. I think they will probably say they never saw it, like they did with the 2nd Rice video.

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

Wow.

This guy is still in the League making big $$. It's a disgrace. I hope the Giants step up and drop his ass.

**** this guy.

Apparently if there is no video the NFL has zero shits to give about domestic violence.

But buy moar pink shit! You know, for the ladies...

**** this guy.

Apparently if there is no video the NFL has zero shits to give about domestic violence.

But buy moar pink shit! You know, for the ladies...

LOL.

But don't underestimate the power of a written journal. While it does not have the same horrific punch (no pun intended) as a video, it is the second closest thing. I mean it is this guy admitting he is a monster and has been his whole life. Actually that might be right on par with Rice's punch.

There's word that NFL security once had to move his wife to separate hotel he did not know about to protect her.

They've known he was a piece of garbage for some time and they gave him one game. The league's front office is horrid.

There's word that NFL security once had to move his wife to separate hotel he did not know about to protect her.

They've known he was a piece of garbage for some time and they gave him one game. The league's front office is horrid.

well...to be fair...I don't remember him being more probably than not generally aware of some air being let out of footballs and then accused of non-cooperation after that bullshit story falls apart.

LOL.

But don't underestimate the power of a written journal. While it does not have the same horrific punch (no pun intended) as a video, it is the second closest thing. I mean it is this guy admitting he is a monster and has been his whole life. Actually that might be right on par with Rice's punch.

That's actually a really good point and brings up an interesting part of being human. The idea of a self aware monster is fascinating to me.

well...to be fair...I don't remember him being more probably than not generally aware of some air being let out of footballs and then accused of non-cooperation after that bullshit story falls apart.

Obviously Brown would never do something that horrendous. His just a simple sociopath that never cared how badly he abused his wife. When you really add it all up, pretty good guy. Can't believe he even got one game. :coffee:

That's actually a really good point and brings up an interesting part of being human. The idea of a self aware monster is fascinating to me.

That concept worked incredibly well for 8 seasons.,

Wow! Apparently this guy isn't your garden-variety abuser. Sociopath is right! A few more 'quirks' and his journal could end up as material for <i>Criminal Minds.</i>

The NFL really doesn't give two craps about domestic violence. Goodell has repeatedly given light sentences to abusers of women and allowed a child abuser to come back into the league. See, Tom, if you beat up Giselle you would have skated.

The NFL front office...completely clueless but a unique situation, or do most organizations simply not care about domestic abuse? A big company probably can get away with letting their employees who are abusers off lightly if they shuffle the shell game around fast enough, but the NFL is a very public organization despite being a private business (that doesn't pay taxes, I heard?). With all the focus on the NFL's problems employing criminals and past incidents a la Rice and Hardy, why aren't they at least <i>pretending</i> to care beyond pink equipment that they make money off of every October? Or do they figure the American public is just that stupid and uncaring as well? :huh:

Back