Josh McDaniels - New Raiders Head Coach - Now Official

Roberto71

Reaction score
NFLN basically saying it’s a done deal.

Huge moment, key member of the Patriot SBs. I know many hear will be glad he’s going, but he became an easy scapegoat for any or all issues on offense. He’s a good coach, lets see if he can have success in Vegas. We will play them in LV next season.

Thanks Josh, you contributed a lot. If Ivan Fears is gone well, there’s huge changes ahead.

NFLN basically saying it’s a done deal.

Huge moment, key member of the Patriot SBs. I know many hear will be glad he’s going, but he became an easy scapegoat for any or all issues on offense. He’s a good coach, lets see if he can have success in Vegas. We will play them in LV next season.

Thanks Josh, you contributed a lot. If Ivan Fears is gone well, there’s huge changes ahead.
And that will be a moment! Thanks and Farewell, Josh.

I like Josh McDaniels, and having him around for so long gave stability to the offense. But I think it’s time for a change anyways. I’m hoping we can find someone that has an innovated mind and willing to change things up. I think our offense became too predictable in the past five years. Good luck Josh but not too much…

A change is always good. And Ziegler will be gone as well. So Scar, McDaniels, maybe Fears, Ziegler, gone.

If Bill could bring in B’OB, and Flores back? 1 out of those 2 would be epic. The Bills QB coach Dorsey interests me, he is being looked by teams for an OC position. He clearly worked wonders will Allen.

He's obviously not very smart. Why would you go to a division where 2nd place is the absolute ceiling ?? Maybe he just wants to live in Vegas and party.

I thought Bissacia was a better choice, the players love him and he seemed to be doing a good job there, feel bad for him really.

Now bring back BO’B and Flores and let’s get the band back together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like Josh McDaniels, and having him around for so long gave stability to the offense. But I think it’s time for a change anyways. I’m hoping we can find someone that has an innovated mind and willing to change things up. I think our offense became too predictable in the past five years. Good luck Josh but not too much…
Almost perfect response to him leaving. The predictability was driving me nutty as the season wore on. He called games with one eye on a HC gig, IMO. That hurt the Pats this year. That said, disruption can be good. Entire management philosophies are built around it.

Plenty of candidates are capable and many would love the opportunity. My choice would be BOB, as I've already said.
Mark Daniels already wrote a pretty good article that outlines 10 possibilities. I'll add Joe Judge and Alabama Offensive Assistant and WRs coach Holman Wiggins to his list.

Holmon Wiggins - Football Coach - University of Alabama Athletics

Holmon Wiggins is in his third season at Alabama on head coach Nick Saban's staff as the Crimson Tide's wide receivers coach. Wiggins came to Tuscaloosa after
rolltide.com

I feel the same way. I'm ready for a change offensively. Chances are we'll keep the same system concept no matter who the OC is, but maybe
it is time for a different person to administer it and innovate within it.

Thank you for everything, Josh.

Hopefully you laid a good foundation for a coach to pick up after, but it's going to be tough. Either way, you did an amazing job priming up Mac and having a good offense despite all the shortcomings.

Best of luck to you, except when playing the Patriots. Obviously.

Let's hope the next news we see is Bill O'Brien returning then that'll soften the blow.

I wish Josh the best, but I really hope this doesn't stunt Mac`s progress in his sophomore jump.
It's a fact nobody is talking about. Josh is extremely popular with the players and had a very good relationship from the off with Mac.

Mac will have to start his 2nd season from scratch with someone completely new. Bill must be very careful with his choice, big moment this.

Whether this is a positive or negative depends fiercely on how badly McD raids the Patriots for assistants.
Well he's already taking Ziegler.

I agree with Saban on this issue, I hate the way coaches do this. You get a nice HC position or GM position? Fine good for you, but look to bring your pwn guys in, stop raiding your old team.

Back