Jules is released, expected to retire

Edelperson cut. REALLY sucks his Pats career ended in this fashion. Nothing but love for everything he gave the franchise!

Patriots cut Edelman with failed physical designation

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

If the NFL is so willing to adapt and change the NFL, why shouldn't the HOF do the very same fucking thing?

Logical question...that needs to be debated.

Hall of Fame? Of course Edelman belongs in the HOF. He was always dependable, made some of the biggest catches the NFL has ever seen, and has been an integral part of the greatest dynasty I have ever seen. His effort, and his many and great catches, especially when the season was on the line, and his love for the game, his teammates, his coaches, and above all, winning, helped make his team the best. His effort. Name me a player who tried harder, and accomplished more winning, since he's been playing. Brady? Of course. He's the best. Think of the NFL since Edelman became a starter. Who's contributed more to winning, as a player. Brady is #1. Edelman is #2. So don't be embarrassed about believing Edelman belongs in the Hall of Fame. He should be a cinch. In 5 years.

Last edited:
Although I don't believe that Edelman should make it to the NFL Hall of Fame, I'm grateful that he played his entire NFL career right here in New England.

The Patriots couldn't have had as much success as they had without him.

I wonder what's going through Julian Edelman's mind right now, because I think that if he was still physically able to do so, he'd still be a Patriot, and he'd still want to play for the Pats for at least another season.

You have to tip the hat at Bills philosophy and thinking. I mean you have very limited spots on a team and he looks at this small, Kent State QB and decides to take him, telling him I don’t know where you’re going to play or what role you’ll fill but you’re a football player so welcome! You have to be a damn confident and imaginative coach to do that.

Last edited:
When your talking NFL HOF. Your talking about Best & most elite players in NFL history. Every patriot fan loves Edelman for his drive , work ethic , leadership & clutch Catches. His Stats , Records & Awards don't scream NFL HOF. His only chance Is If HOF Voters . Just go off his post season performances.

Edelman is and was the best. Great player, funny, and with an absurd chip on his shoulder and the kind of drive that makes the whole team better. So glad to have seen him play on the Patriots.

As far as the HOF, his is a story worth telling and celebrating, the scrappy QB drafted in late rounds who found a way to add value to the team wherever they put him, evolving into one of the most feared punt returners in the league, and then the most clutch WR possibly in the history of the game. A relentless attitude, great on and off the field, in the words of the man himself, "it's going to be one hell of a story". I'd put him in long before I'd put Antonio Brown in, let's put it that way. Regardless of whether they do or do not though, he'll be a player who is remembered for a long time to come. I firmly believe if Edelman had been playing at WR in 2011 instead of Welker he'd have 4 rings and the Pats would have 7 trophies, because at the end of the day Edelman made the catches he needed to make.

Edelman will never be a first ballot NFL Hall of Famer. Their's no doubt in my mind about that.
So what. 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th ballot. That works. He contributed extremely highly to 3 NFL championships. Thats more than, by far, most of the NFL players chosen for the Hall Of Fame. Jesus. It isn't all having the most stats. He's got alot of stats, And he's had one of the finest playoff/championship records of all players. How people vote for the HOF, I'm not trying to change. That's their decision. But he's second to the greatest receiver of all time, Jerry Rice, in playoff receptions. Not bad! And Gino Cappoletti, he should be in too (most AFL points scored, out of all the AFL players). And who says Edelman gets in on his first chance, anyway? And what if, by some strange coincidence, he does? Would that disappoint you? Haha-probably not. You're a good fan.

Going into film. Exactly what I expected. Good for him!

Think he'll touch TB12 leaving the Pats? I doubt it but I'd love his take.

Back