Just a thought on Protests

Darth Despot

We ass
Reaction score
Website
tokevinwithlove.wordpress.com
The NFL is all about $$$$$

The only thing the league office and the owners (including your owner) care about is cold hard cash

So if there is a protest being planned that doesn't involve money coming out of the pockets of these "gentlemen" it will not only be ignored, it will be seen in a positive light by the douche bags (you still care).

Now let's say we can boycott sponsors, that will get some attention.

Oh and one other thing, the only choice I have at the moment is to embrace the dark side or walk away from the NFL all together.

Therefor I would like to humbly request of our mod team that my Planet Name be changed to "Darth Despot"

Thank you

The streams thread will be in full-operation for the upcoming season, for sure.

Oh and one other thing, the only choice I have at the moment is to embrace the dark side or walk away from the NFL all together.

Therefor I would like to humbly request of our mod team that my Planet Name be changed to "Darth Despot"

Thank you

Welcome to the Planet, Darth Despot.

:Lwelcome:

My individual actions probably won't matter, but they do to me. I will not personally support, especially financially, such a corrupt league any longer.

I'd planned my annual Boston trip for the home opener this season and am now seriously considering cancelling. I also won't be paying for any premium NFL viewing options (Sunday Ticket, Game Pass, etc.) this year in favor of illegal streams. Won't be buying any new NFL merchandise. Not much else I can do, but at this point I'd prefer not to turn my back on the team - especially knowing how tough it's going to be for TB and co. to get through this. Once TB/BB are gone, there's a chance I'll walk away from the game completely if the league is still such a clown show. Until then, the team gets my support (although Kraft makes it hard sometimes), but I'm done with the league as a whole.

Locally, the network affiliates for CBS, NBC and ABC have all posted the hashtag campaign #NoBradyNoBanner brilliantly across the screen during the news hours. It's catching on, and that's huge.

My individual actions probably won't matter, but they do to me. I will not personally support, especially financially, such a corrupt league any longer.

I'd planned my annual Boston trip for the home opener this season and am now seriously considering cancelling. I also won't be paying for any premium NFL viewing options (Sunday Ticket, Game Pass, etc.) this year in favor of illegal streams. Won't be buying any new NFL merchandise. Not much else I can do, but at this point I'd prefer not to turn my back on the team - especially knowing how tough it's going to be for TB and co. to get through this. Once TB/BB are gone, there's a chance I'll walk away from the game completely if the league is still such a clown show. Until then, the team gets my support (although Kraft makes it hard sometimes), but I'm done with the league as a whole.

Unfortunately, for most of the in stadium fans, the ticket packages have been bought and paid for. If any who has already purchased tickets for the opening night is considering not going as a protest, then they better be ready to eat the ticket. If they simply resell, someone else, most likely a Steeler fan, will end up buying the ticket.

I would hope that anyone who is there that night will make life as miserable as possible for both ESPN and the NFL Network. ESPN will not have any formal broadcast from inside the stadium, but they would normally be set up somewhere. The NFL Network will be set up inside. Instead of "Brady" chants, let's hear a continuous string of vulgarity so loud that the FCC will be forced to investigate the networks.

There's no way Goodell shows up. If he decides he's going to be the tough guy and face the wrath of Pats fans, hopefully Kraft makes him buy a ticket and he can sit with everyone else.

Unfortunately, for most of the in stadium fans, the ticket packages have been bought and paid for. If any who has already purchased tickets for the opening night is considering not going as a protest, then they better be ready to eat the ticket. If they simply resell, someone else, most likely a Steeler fan, will end up buying the ticket.

Ya, it's a shame.

I haven't purchased tickets yet obviously. I've been planning the trip for a few months now though and already booked the time off work. I want to show up to join you all in giving the NFL a big FU, so I haven't ruled anything out. What's frustrating is the feeling of helplessness ... can't imagine what Brady is feeling.

Welcome to the Planet, Darth Despot.

:Lwelcome:

Some avatar suggestions, Darth:

darth-vader-football.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Ya, it's a shame.

I haven't purchased tickets yet obviously. I've been planning the trip for a few months now though and already booked the time off work. I want to show up to join you all in giving the NFL a big FU, so I haven't ruled anything out. What's frustrating is the feeling of helplessness ... can't imagine what Brady is feeling.

Brady is handling this just like any challenge he's faced; with meticulous preparation and the desire to win. And he will graciously give credit for the victory to all those who supported him.

I am reminded of this gem from Animal House (focus on the bold part)

Bluto: Hey! What's all this laying around stuff? Why are you all still laying around here for?

Stork: What the hell are we supposed to do, ya moron? We're all expelled. There's nothing to fight for anymore.

D-Day: [to Bluto] Let it go. War's over, man. Wormer dropped the big one.

Bluto: What? Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Otter: [to Boon] Germans?

Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.

Bluto: And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough...

[thinks hard of something to say]

Bluto: The tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!

[Bluto runs out, alone; then returns]

Bluto: What the **** happened to the Delta I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? This could be the greatest night of our lives, but you're gonna let it be the worst. "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Bluto, we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Wormer, he's a dead man! Marmalard, dead! Niedermeyer...

Otter: Dead! Bluto's right. Psychotic... but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastards. Now we could do it with conventional weapons, but that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part!
Bluto: We're just the guys to do it.

D-Day: [stands up] Yeah, I agree. Let's go get 'em.

Boon: Let's do it.

Bluto: [shouting] "Let's do it"!

[all of the Deltas stand up and run out with Bluto]

Back to me....

I truly believe in a scorched earth policy here. Bring down everything.

The Colts referenced a whisper campaign about how everyone knows the Pats deflate balls. Fine. You're not the only ones who can whisper. I'm sure there is a ton of dirty little secrets out there and I think the Pats should go on the offensive, outing each and every one of them, no matter how trivial they may seem. I would end every visit to the podium with the phrase "Rex Ryan, tickle tickle". Put the Wes Welker conference on steroids.

I would move this out of the NFL's domain and into a court of law. If I am Brady I am filing defamation suits against everybody. And I do mean everybody. If Kraft wants to roll over, name him too. Everybody. I want all their electronic devises, all their e-mails, heck, I want lie detector tests done on the whole lot of them. And I would leak every single thing I find out about them. Roger Goodell has a little dick. See page 33.

And I am getting petty too. Not only should there be no banner raising on Opening Night. I'm waiting until a week before the event and then issuing an open letter to all. "As owner of the property, I hereby revoke Roger Goodell's and everyone else's access to the stadium. Showing up on the premises makes you subject to arrest."

I got more but I gotta calm down.

Someone should register "boycotthenfl.com" and post onto it all of the companies that pay $ to the NFL along with their contact info.

The site should encourage people to write, phone, text, facebook, whatever these companies and tell them that they will no longer support them so long as they are lining the NFL's pockets with $$$$.

I am reminded of this gem from Animal House (focus on the bold part)

Bluto: Hey! What's all this laying around stuff? Why are you all still laying around here for?

Stork: What the hell are we supposed to do, ya moron? We're all expelled. There's nothing to fight for anymore.

D-Day: [to Bluto] Let it go. War's over, man. Wormer dropped the big one.

Bluto: What? Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Otter: [to Boon] Germans?

Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.

Bluto: And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough...

[thinks hard of something to say]

Bluto: The tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!

[Bluto runs out, alone; then returns]

Bluto: What the **** happened to the Delta I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? This could be the greatest night of our lives, but you're gonna let it be the worst. "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Bluto, we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Wormer, he's a dead man! Marmalard, dead! Niedermeyer...

Otter: Dead! Bluto's right. Psychotic... but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastards. Now we could do it with conventional weapons, but that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part!
Bluto: We're just the guys to do it.

D-Day: [stands up] Yeah, I agree. Let's go get 'em.

Boon: Let's do it.

Bluto: [shouting] "Let's do it"!

[all of the Deltas stand up and run out with Bluto]

Back to me....

I truly believe in a scorched earth policy here. Bring down everything.

The Colts referenced a whisper campaign about how everyone knows the Pats deflate balls. Fine. You're not the only ones who can whisper. I'm sure there is a ton of dirty little secrets out there and I think the Pats should go on the offensive, outing each and every one of them, no matter how trivial they may seem. I would end every visit to the podium with the phrase "Rex Ryan, tickle tickle". Put the Wes Welker conference on steroids.

I would move this out of the NFL's domain and into a court of law. If I am Brady I am filing defamation suits against everybody. And I do mean everybody. If Kraft wants to roll over, name him too. Everybody. I want all their electronic devises, all their e-mails, heck, I want lie detector tests done on the whole lot of them. And I would leak every single thing I find out about them. Roger Goodell has a little dick. See page 33.

And I am getting petty too. Not only should there be no banner raising on Opening Night. I'm waiting until a week before the event and then issuing an open letter to all. "As owner of the property, I hereby revoke Roger Goodell's and everyone else's access to the stadium. Showing up on the premises makes you subject to arrest."

I got more but I gotta calm down.

Someone needs to get the video of this scene and superimpose the heads of Brady, BB and Kraft over Belushi, Boone and Otter (maybe Edelman could be DDay and of course Stork could be Stork)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/q7vtWB4owdE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice....

I am gonna stick with Ref Rodney for a bit until everyone gets used to the change but I like the coffee one.

You should forever stick with RefRodney. It might be the best avatar in the history of this board. :coffee:

How 'bout something like this, then:

Back