K'Neal Harry Real Goings ON??

He scored alot of td's last year, especially in the postseason. and he's scored some this year, also. I'd put him in the 'hit' category, not the 'miss'. You?
It was a miss the moment they made the pick. If you're going to pick a RB that high he better be pretty f'n special, and that certainly is not Michel. Has he broken a single tackle this year?

It was a miss the moment they made the pick. If you're going to pick a RB that high he better be pretty f'n special, and that certainly is not Michel. Has he broken a single tackle this year?

You're pretty passionate about this subject, as exemplified by your post above.

I know some past NFL teams have drafted running backs really high, and some of those teams and running backs really ended up sucking. Jets, Bengals, Colts et. al., through the years.

Before last season, the Patriots made it to 2 straight super bowls, and they still had the same great head coach, the same great quarterback, the same fine winning core of players. But they had a need for a decent 2 down rb, who could get the tough yds. It took about 12 games, but the team developed a fine running game, including Sony Michell (understatement) in the postseason. Sorry he didn't break the td record last year. He won't this year.

So if they drafted a defensive lineman or tight end or offensive lineman, and the player wasn't f'in special, that would be better than a rb who wasn't f'n special?

Whatever, it's like getting someone to change their gender or political persuasion-it's not going to happen.

Remember Robert Edwards? How does he fit in this equation? He was a first round great running back, had a fine season, then had his knee ruined. Must've been a bad pick. I trust Belichick. He chose Michell. But he makes mistakes, and the conventional wisdom is to draft a lineman or linebacker 1st. I may be 100% wrong, and I have been recently, about some stuff.

I think Sony is good. The line isn’t helping. I’ve said many times, if he gets four yards he’s got a good chance to break 20. That said a first round RB needs to be able to catch passes. At least be a plausible threat to catch a pass. A first round RB needs to be able to get tough yards when the blocking is NOT there. A first round RB needs to be a better option to get one yard than the 40 plus year old QB. Sony is none of these things. Does anyone here think he gets a second contract? I dunno. Maybe at a big big discount. Hopefully less than James white. Is he better for the offense than white? I’d say no. He’s not bad. He’s not a bust. But damn, it doesn’t feel like a great pick. At best I think Harry is in the same boat.

Haha but hey hopefully in February they are literally in the same boat. This team is still crazy good. Quack Quack baby!!

I think Sony is good. The line isn’t helping. I’ve said many times, if he gets four yards he’s got a good chance to break 20. That said a first round RB needs to be able to catch passes. At least be a plausible threat to catch a pass. A first round RB needs to be able to get tough yards when the blocking is NOT there. A first round RB needs to be a better option to get one yard than the 40 plus year old QB. Sony is none of these things. Does anyone here think he gets a second contract? I dunno. Maybe at a big big discount. Hopefully less than James white. Is he better for the offense than white? I’d say no. He’s not bad. He’s not a bust. But damn, it doesn’t feel like a great pick. At best I think Harry is in the same boat.

Haha but hey hopefully in February they are literally in the same boat. This team is still crazy good. Quack Quack baby!!
Sony is a a much better runner than White, but White is so much more versatile.

I wanted Lamar Jackson.

:cuss: :banghead:

He would have been stuck on the bench for a while...unless BB converts him to wr/rb.

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

He had a great post season last year...

Sony helped win a Lombardi, so he’ll always have that.

But I don’t see anything special. Certainly nothing 1st round worthy.

He was running with a great Oline that included a LT the size of a grizzly bear, the best blocking TEs in the league, and a devastating FB. A lot of guys could do well with that.

Sony helped win a Lombardi, so he’ll always have that.

But I don’t see anything special. Certainly nothing 1st round worthy.

He was running with a great Oline that included a LT the size of a grizzly bear, the best blocking TEs in the league, and a devastating FB. A lot of guys could do well with that.

Ya

I know some past NFL teams have drafted running backs really high, and some of those teams and running backs really ended up sucking. Jets, Bengals, Colts et. al., through the years.

Before last season, the Patriots made it to 2 straight super bowls, and they still had the same great head coach, the same great quarterback, the same fine winning core of players. But they had a need for a decent 2 down rb, who could get the tough yds. It took about 12 games, but the team developed a fine running game, including Sony Michell (understatement) in the postseason. Sorry he didn't break the td record last year. He won't this year.

So if they drafted a defensive lineman or tight end or offensive lineman, and the player wasn't f'in special, that would be better than a rb who wasn't f'n special?

Whatever, it's like getting someone to change their gender or political persuasion-it's not going to happen.

Remember Robert Edwards? How does he fit in this equation? He was a first round great running back, had a fine season, then had his knee ruined. Must've been a bad pick. I trust Belichick. He chose Michell. But he makes mistakes, and the conventional wisdom is to draft a lineman or linebacker 1st. I may be 100% wrong, and I have been recently, about some stuff.

Hindsight is 20/20, and who knows if what we had would’ve been enough to win the Lombardi without Michel.

But I LOVED DJ Moore. Looked just like Steve Smith. He’d be great here.

Dallas Godart TE Phillie looks very good two. Those were the two I was pining for. Those two here on a Year 2 jump? My we’d be looking good right now.

According to McCourty Harry is doing great in practice: "“I think he continues to get better," McCourty said Thursday on Dale & Keefe. "One of the things he does a really good job of is playing hard in practice. He at times, he pisses off the DBs because he works his butt off — out there blocking, out there getting open. I think that is the good thing about seeing him out there running around."

Any pick is a potential bust regardless of position, I recognize that and my point about it being a wasted pick wasn't necessarily a shot at Michel, just picking that position in the 1st round is such a waste in general unless there's something really special about him. 2 down backs with his skill set are a dime a dozen in the NFL. I mean if you want to go back 20 years to bring up Edwards when the league was much different that's fine, but who did they win 2 SBs with? Antowain Smith, a discarded Buffalo Bill who they didn't need to waste a pick on :)

I dunno, maybe they actually felt Michel was a game changer type RB but I didn't see it then or now.

Any pick is a potential bust regardless of position, I recognize that and my point about it being a wasted pick wasn't necessarily a shot at Michel, just picking that position in the 1st round is such a waste in general unless there's something really special about him. 2 down backs with his skill set are a dime a dozen in the NFL. I mean if you want to go back 20 years to bring up Edwards when the league was much different that's fine, but who did they win 2 SBs with? Antowain Smith, a discarded Buffalo Bill who they didn't need to waste a pick on :)

I dunno, maybe they actually felt Michel was a game changer type RB but I didn't see it then or now.

You're entitled to your opinion (how's that for a milk toast endorsement? lol). They did win two SB with Antowain Smith. I remember him with the Bills-he was a fine young runner, his first couple of seasons. They still had Thurman Thomas.

One time in 1989, I was at a Patriots game, and a kid kept ragging on Hart Lee Dykes, I was in the 2nd row behind the Pats bench, and the kid was nearby. His father didn't have the brains to tell his son to say positive things about Hart Lee. I'll never forget that. Quaint story, eh?

Hart Lee missed a pass to him, close to where we were sitting. the obnoxious kid said "Hey, Hart Lee Dykes, you couldn't catch a pass, if you were the broad side of a barn!". I'm sure the guy was trying his best. i said to the kid "who do you want to win, the Patriots or the Bills? Make the guy feel good he's out there. It'll give the Pats a better chance to win". He was only a kid, so he was still learning about life. Me, being older and more mature, wanted less negative shit said at the player for the Patriots.

Imagine, though, this was 1989. My Patriots were in a bad rut, seemingly getting worse. You see, alot of the Patriots problems were apparently Hart Lee Dykes' fault, because he was their high draft pick. Fans gotta find a player to treat like shit. I remember a guy who used to rag on Laurence Maroney endlessly (again, a guy who probably tried his best). That guy was a real charmer at the games....

Anyway, people pay good money to go to the games, so what are you going to do if they're constantly or famously negative, censor them? Nope. And people are entitled to their opinions.

My opinion (flawed as may be expected) is that I'm glad they picked Sony Michell in the first round last year, he's a f***ing beast, nobody could rush behind this Patriots line so far (maybe earl campbell), the Pats were stacked at just about every other position, he was a big cog in the wheel of Lombardi. I liked the law firm, ridley, woodhead, blount, and they weren't first rounders.

Remember julio Lugo, JD Drew? Maligned, yet important cogs in a WS champ.

I hope Michell scores the winning touchdown in SB 54. He did, in SB 53, after a spectacular Brady to Gronkowski toss.

Now, when the final chapter of the 2019 is written, I hope they chose the next Reggie White, or Dick Butkus, with pick #32. Or trade up to the top pick. And get a qb (joking).

I'm typing alot, so I know it's wrong....And i apologize; this thread is supposed to be about their first-round receiver.... let's not put him in canton, or the trash bin, yet. Parcells sure came up with some good sayings!

Anyway, I was the guy who believed the Pats were still going to win, when the score was 28-3. Nobody else at 2 viewing establishments that night did. One guy said "I've got to be realistic, they're going to lose". Me, when Brady's int was returned 80 yds, I laughed it off. When ghost missed an extra point after an actual patriots td, I laughed it off. Sometimes even a blind squirrel...

You're entitled to your opinion (how's that for a milk toast endorsement? lol). They did win two SB with Antowain Smith. I remember him with the Bills-he was a fine young runner, his first couple of seasons. They still had Thurman Thomas.

One time in 1989, I was at a Patriots game, and a kid kept ragging on Hart Lee Dykes, I was in the 2nd row behind the Pats bench, and the kid was nearby. His father didn't have the brains to tell his son to say positive things about Hart Lee. I'll never forget that. Quaint story, eh?

Hart Lee missed a pass to him, close to where we were sitting. the obnoxious kid said "Hey, Hart Lee Dykes, you couldn't catch a pass, if you were the broad side of a barn!". I'm sure the guy was trying his best. i said to the kid "who do you want to win, the Patriots or the Bills? Make the guy feel good he's out there. It'll give the Pats a better chance to win". He was only a kid, so he was still learning about life. Me, being older and more mature, wanted less negative shit said at the player for the Patriots.

Imagine, though, this was 1989. My Patriots were in a bad rut, seemingly getting worse. You see, alot of the Patriots problems were apparently Hart Lee Dykes' fault, because he was their high draft pick. Fans gotta find a player to treat like shit. I remember a guy who used to rag on Laurence Maroney endlessly (again, a guy who probably tried his best). That guy was a real charmer at the games....

Anyway, people pay good money to go to the games, so what are you going to do if they're constantly or famously negative, censor them? Nope. And people are entitled to their opinions.

My opinion (flawed as may be expected) is that I'm glad they picked Sony Michell in the first round last year, he's a f***ing beast, nobody could rush behind this Patriots line so far (maybe earl campbell), the Pats were stacked at just about every other position, he was a big cog in the wheel of Lombardi. I liked the law firm, ridley, woodhead, blount, and they weren't first rounders.

I hope Michell scores the winning touchdown in SB 54. He did, in SB 53, after a spectacular Brady to Gronkowski toss.

Now, when the final chapter of the 2019 is written, I hope they chose the next Reggie White, or Dick Butkus, with pick #32. Or trade up to the top pick. And get a qb (joking).

I'm typing alot, so I know it's wrong....And i apologize; this thread is supposed to be about their first-round receiver.... let's not put him in canton, or the trash bin, yet. Parcells sure came up with some good sayings!

So, every player that's a Patriot is amazing? :rolleyes:

Kid just might a been right about hart lee Dam.

Back